JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My focus is not D or R on this. I hope everyone sees it isn't about party. Party is a fight that will never end, but both parties better realize the system is corrupt now and needs to be fixed. It's far bigger than gun control, the tactics used are corrupt and if we don't stand up every time they want to they will declare an emergency to get what they want.

When the system isn't corrupt it works as its supposed to. There is no way voting to change it is going to work now in my opinion. We have no way in the system to hold them accountable so we have to work outside the system with peaceful tools to end the corruption. We have boycotts and marches and media blitz as our peaceful tools. If we keep the narrow focus that it's about clean government then we have a chance. Break it into party or agenda and we will lose by division.

But how, based on the discussions that happen here on a regular basis, will you convince enough people that party has nothing to do with it? So many are party-centric in their views, a deeply ingrained point of view that will, in many cases, be impossible to break. Any approach to get folks to participate will, by necessity, at least have to acknowledge that very fact.

I'm not sure how best to do that, but it is an unfortunate reality. I left any major parties as they simply don't represent my point of view well enough to get my support. I vote on issues, not parties or candidates.

But how, based on the discussions that happen here on a regular basis, will you convince enough people that party has nothing to do with it? So many are party-centric in their views, a deeply ingrained point of view that will, in many cases, be impossible to break. Any approach to get folks to participate will, by necessity, at least have to acknowledge that very fact.

I'm not sure how best to do that, but it is an unfortunate reality. I left any major parties as they simply don't represent my point of view well enough to get my support. I vote on issues, not parties or candidates.

I hope I am not stepping out of bounds when I say "you understand it". The party system is all about division, united we stand and divided we fall. It's hard work getting people to think that way as party politics has infected Americans like a cancer to the brain, their brains quit working.

Best you can do for those who live and die for the party is to show them how corruption destroys all parties. Some you will never be able to talk sense into but we can build with those who get it. Might help to talk to the party leaders and get them to understand how corruption is going to be their downfall.

It's going to take time, help and persistence to build up a fight against the corrupt but if we don't the cost to freedom...well look at tyranny everywhere else. I will fight to not have to live that way.

Edited to add, it's conversations like this that will help us.

Last Edited:
94.89% Like rating on the above post.:);)

You can help us, how ever small the help is it will add up. The net is a big world and social media really gets out there. People can get on Facebook and talk about an Oregon boycott over the gun emergency, it may not be safe to come here this summer.:D

Boycott.:confused:

"Working my butt off here and can't get a like.... tough crowd.:D:D:eek::confused:"

Weren't we supposed to hold our applause 'till the end?
There....I gave you some likes.

Woulda given a few YIKES! for coffee consumption above and beyond the call of duty...
...but there ain't no button for that.;)

"Working my butt off here and can't get a like.... tough crowd.:D:D:eek::confused:"

Weren't we supposed to hold our applause 'till the end?
There....I gave you some likes.

Woulda given a few YIKES! for excess coffee consumption above and beyond...
but there ain't no button for that.;)

Thanks for the chuckle too, humor is very important in my life... so is coffee:D

I hope I am not stepping out of bounds when I say "you understand it". The party system is all about division, united we stand and divided we fall. It's hard work getting people to think that way as party politics has infected Americans like a cancer to the brain, their brains quit working.

Best you can do for those who live and die for the party is to show them how corruption destroys all parties. Some you will never be able to talk sense into but we can build with those who get it. Might help to talk to the party leaders and get them to understand how corruption is going to be their downfall.

It's going to take time, help and persistence to build up a fight against the corrupt but if we don't the cost to freedom...well look at tyranny everywhere else. I will fight to not have to live that way.

Edited to add, it's conversations like this that will help us.

I think the big reason folks cling to parties is that they don't really want to get involved or informed. To be informed takes time and focus. To get involved, even more time. People like to let others do the tough stuff, like all that political nonsense, for them, while they focus on more 'important' things.

I think the most helpful thing as far as this forum is concerned, is to pass by the arguments and accusations. We all know where we are and how we got here. Continually bubbleguming about it might make someone feel better, but it won't change a thing.

I prefer reasonable, level-headed conversations, even debate, where there may be an actual chance to change someone's mind. Attacking their point of view by belittling them or calling names will only assure you keep an enemy as an enemy. I'm just optimistic enough to try and win a few to our side.

...The party system is all about division, united we stand and divided we fall..
... show them how corruption destroys all parties. .... talk to the party leaders ....
It's going to take time, help and persistence to build up a fight against the corrupt but if we don't the cost to freedom...

53.27% like on the above post......:(

UNFORTUNATELY, Americans are being dumbed down, NOT becoming more enlightened...even in this age of easy access to information.

THEREFORE, there really isn't a snow balls chance in bubblegum (my insert) that people will fight corruption in the future.

Look around. The future of the USA is in the hands of uneducated (more so every year), ipad staring, govt. subsidized, unwed mothers & fathers of lower intelligence having most of the babies now days, illegal immigrants who are sucking us dry......I could go on, but you get the photo..........picture.........

People are getting lazier and lazier by the day..........."Let Govt. take care of me, as long as I can tweet and facebook, what do I care."

Sure, there are a few "leaders" out there...........unfortunately, most of them are liberals, the future of the USA.

What you suggest sounds GREAT, but in my opinion, it won't happen.

I will never forget (and I have posted previously) my CCP instructors words to me 20+ years ago;
"I'm glad I am as old as I am. I don't think I would get along well with the future generations".

I thought that was a really Bizarre thing to say.

Until I got as old as I am............................o_O:eek::confused::(

I HOPE I AM 100% WRONG, and only get a 10% like on the above post.:cool::D:p

I think the big reason folks cling to parties is that they don't really want to get involved or informed. To be informed takes time and focus. To get involved, even more time. People like to let others do the tough stuff, like all that political nonsense, for them, while they focus on more 'important' things.

I think the most helpful thing as far as this forum is concerned, is to pass by the arguments and accusations. We all know where we are and how we got here. Continually bubbleguming about it might make someone feel better, but it won't change a thing.

I prefer reasonable, level-headed conversations, even debate, where there may be an actual chance to change someone's mind. Attacking their point of view by belittling them or calling names will only assure you keep an enemy as an enemy. I'm just optimistic enough to try and win a few to our side.

You answer your own question from the earlier post as to how to get people on our side. People follow parties because it's the path of least resistance, it's the easy way. The way to get them to follow is show leadership.

To get people to follow they have to be thinking about the cause. At first they may not agree because of the words used when the cause is first brought to their attention. You must keep their attention by simple information that is non political yet is important to them. If everyone here went to Facebook and just brought out a conversation on boycott, not pro or against but just bring it to attention on Facebook the power of that media would really drive the cause.

Leadership isn't just voicing opinions it's helping to get things done.

UNFORTUNATELY, Americans are being dumbed down, NOT becoming more enlightened...even in this age of easy access to information.

THEREFORE, there really isn't a snow balls chance in bubblegum (my insert) that people will fight corruption in the future.

Look around. The future of the USA is in the hands of uneducated (more so every year), ipad staring, govt. subsidized, unwed mothers & fathers of lower intelligence having most of the babies now days, illegal immigrants who are sucking us dry......I could go on, but you get the photo..........picture.........

People are getting lazier and lazier by the day..........."Let Govt. take care of me, as long as I can tweet and facebook, what do I care."

Sure, there are a few "leaders" out there...........unfortunately, most of them are liberals, the future of the USA.

I will never forget (and I have posted previously) my CCP instructors words to me 20+ years ago;
"I'm glad I am as old as I am. I don't think I would get along well with the future generations".

You are not dumb and you certainly can lead people out of ignorance. How old was Washington when he lead the revolution. There are a lot of good qualities that come with age and it took age to bring them about. A good fight can bring about feeling of worth in a human being if they believe in the fight. Believe in a cause and it doesn't matter how big the battle will be, fight for what's right win or lose.

Trying to Convert/Convince people who REALLY Truly BELIEVE in their cause (Guns are bad ,umkay) ( Fundy Christian Oathkeeper/Militia NRA types are teh Devil ) (Conservatives are worse & more of a danger than Militant Islam) is not allowing us to focus & work on the Moderatly Socially Liberal Firearm enthusiasts among us ,get focused Gentlemen ...

You answer your own question from the earlier post as to how to get people on our side. People follow parties because it's the path of least resistance, it's the easy way. The way to get them to follow is show leadership.

To get people to follow they have to be thinking about the cause. At first they may not agree because of the words used when the cause is first brought to their attention. You must keep their attention by simple information that is non political yet is important to them. If everyone here went to Facebook and just brought out a conversation on boycott, not pro or against but just bring it to attention on Facebook the power of that media would really drive the cause.

Leadership isn't just voicing opinions it's helping to get things done.

I believe we have something that could work in our favor, something that hasn't yet been a tool available to us in the past, at least in Oregon. That tool is SB941. In the past, we've had to talk about what 'may' be coming. Now it's reality. It will hit people square in their reality button. And it will likely stir some emotions that move from conceptual to concrete. Now we can tell them what they've just lost. And we can show them that their rights are under attack, no question about that any longer. If people were on the fence because they didn't really think it would happen, they won't be able to deny it from this point on.

Trying to Convert/Convince people who REALLY Truly BELIEVE in their cause (Guns are bad ,umkay) ( Fundy Christian Oathkeeper/Militia NRA types are teh Devil ) (Conservatives are worse & more of a danger than Militant Islam) is not allowing us to focus & work on the Moderatly Socially Liberal Firearm enthusiasts among us ,get focused Gentlemen ...

I think most of us know that the true died-in-the-wool anti-gunners will never change. I'm interested in talking to on the fence types as well as those that simply haven't cared enough to pay attention to their votes or to get involved. The others are likely to never change.

I need some help, would some of you guys do some searches for information that I need to get to out of state people who are wanting to help? Here is what they as for...

"Can you local guys PLEASE post up some contact info for the OR .divison of tourism, STATE chamber of commerce, Gov's office, state division of hunting /dnr, local real estate agency's and the major newspapers?"

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top