JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I agree that saying too much yet might be a bit premature until there is a more unified effort. A place folks can go to find that everything is already stated, clearly and concisely in an easy to find web location, and where the stated goals and plans can be clearly read and understood. Once that happens, folks can be prepared to more easily repeat this on the radio, in the papers, online and in person. Perhaps a dedicated section could be set up on this site, that specifically addresses only active work in this fight. I know we already have a mix of SB941 posts, but we need to make it easy for first time visitors to go right to the spot where the info is all contained.

Everyone is still raw from the decision this week and I'm seeing some great ideas and people that want to get involved, but I'd be wary to make too much noise before it's bit more organized. So far, it would be great to get as much notice and information on the 3 active recalls - they have a web presence that people can be pointed to, and they are organized. Add even more organized groups and plans and it might really grab the attention of the media once they learn that it's a coordinated, grass-roots effort. I'd certainly like to see it all come together like that, especially if it gets some big results.

Last Edited:
I agree with etrain16.

I've been on local talk radio about 25 times over the past few years, and have been on national talk radio (along with many TV spots), and believe me;

You have only a few short minutes to talk, and your talking points MUST be written out, rehearsed, precise, and to the point...............along with easy to understand for the average person ...and ENTHUSIASTICALLY spoken by the Speaker.

Remember, a listener is usually doing something else while they are listening to the radio.

I agree that saying too much yet might be a bit premature until there is a more unified effort. A place folks can go to find that everything is already stated, clearly and concisely in an easy to find web location, and where the stated goals and plans can be clearly read and understood. Once that happens, folks can be prepared to more easily repeat this on the radio, in the papers, online and in person. Perhaps a dedicated section could be set up on this site, that specifically addresses only active work in this fight. I know we already have a mix of SB941 posts, but we need to make it easy for first time visitors to go right to the spot where the info is all contained.

Everyone is still raw from the decision this week and I'm seeing some great ideas and people that want to get involved, but I'd be wary to make too much noise before it's bit more organized. So far, it would be great to get as much notice and information on the 3 active recalls - they have a web presence that people can be pointed to, and they are organized. Add even more organized groups and plans and it might really grab the attention of the media once they learn that it's a coordinated, grass-roots effort. I'd certainly like to see it all come together like that, especially if it gets some big results.

Most of us here are just average people. If folkes come here and see a strong organization they may run for it thinking we have a political agenda which we do not. This is not right or left, it's about government corruption. Myself I would rather be in a growing movement that I feel I am part of. A movement in its foundation so you can see there is no hidden agenda. Just good folkes that want the corruption out of government.

Point brought up yesterday is with the drug question on the 4473 will Oregon's new pot laws make it where you can't buy a gun if you use it?

If you are going to speak on our behalf:

1. Be Polite/cordial
2. Speak in complete sentences.
3. Do not use nonsense words made by radio people to define the enemy. (libtard, feminazi, demorat, etc) It completely takes away all credibility with a majority of people.
4. Stand up when you talk, it lets you project more confidently, project from the diaphragm.
5. Do not provide "best guess" answers. Stick to the facts.
6. Same with answers to questions asking your opinion, just stick to the facts and don't let it get personal. It may not be great radio at that point but you will be perceived as a much more credible spokesperson. Make no mistake, Lars is the same as the rest, he wants to make great radio first and foremost. Great radio and getting our message out right are not really the same all the time. Just be careful.
7. If you're going to do a TV or you tube spot then all of the above apply but also comb your hair, trim your beard, and wear something that looks professional. A carhart tshirt can look professional if it isn't riddled with holes and you tuck it in.

Just my humble opinion on spokespeople.

All fine and germane points, of course. However, "polished perfection" isn't perhaps needed, though it is desirable. The Lars has been championing our cause and these specific issues daily for a long, long time. Given certain data points/information, he will/can distill and convey facts and our intent.. that's what he does.. very well.
anyway

I agree with etrain16.

I've been on local talk radio about 25 times over the past few years, and have been on national talk radio (along with many TV spots), and believe me;

You have only a few short minutes to talk, and your talking points MUST be written out, rehearsed, precise, and to the point...............along with easy to understand for the average person ...and ENTHUSIASTICALLY spoken by the Speaker.

Remember, a listener is usually doing something else while they are listening to the radio.

People get nervous talking on the radio so it's the host that lead the topic. Lars will push what entertains and guys who can't talk make his show look bad. Key is a few bullet points we need to get out.

Oregon government is corrupt by the way they did sb941 under emergency powers.

We are starting a group of concerned citizens at NWFA to stop the corruption.

That is all that is needed, we will build from there as more volunteers get on board.

What I would like to here is "Hi Lars, Joe at website NWFA has allowed us to use his site to fight the corruption that gave us sb941... come help us fight."

"We are a non violent non political group that wants to stop corruption in government"

Thanks Lars.

Most of us here are just average people. If folkes come here and see a strong organization they may run for it thinking we have a political agenda which we do not. This is not right or left, it's about government corruption. Myself I would rather be in a growing movement that I feel I am part of. A movement in its foundation so you can see there is no hidden agenda. Just good folkes that want the corruption out of government.

Point brought up yesterday is with the drug question on the 4473 will Oregon's new pot laws make it where you can't buy a gun if you use it?

I agree on most of your points, but we do have an agenda here - to discuss, celebrate, debate, educate, enjoy, encourage and defend all things guns.

Here is the mission statement for NWFA:

NorthwestFirearms.comwas founded based on these three goals, which comprise our core mission:

Communication - Increase the speed and frequency of communication between firearm owners, pro-firearm groups, manufacturers, and others.

Organization - Provide resources for firearm owners to organize themselves in support of the 2nd Amendment.

Advocacy - Educate the public on safe firearm use and ownership, while promoting land stewardship, shooting sports, hunting, and self defense

The only point I wish to make is that it's pointless to just aim someone to NWFA if they arrive to find they have no idea where to go to actually locate the information regarding 941 activities. There is a lot going on here all the time, and new visitors can be overwhelmed, not knowing where they should go and what they should read.

And, consider that we'll get people from both sides visiting. What if either of them come across the little arguments here about the NRA, voters of a certain political persuasion, etc. - what conclusion may they draw in a 10 minute visit? Will they find what they need to get active against 941? Or may they get turned off at some folks arguing?

I'm only suggesting that without some semblance of form and organization, we may not help the cause by pointing people to a site where they can't very quickly find 941 specific information.

With all my experience, I done think I could be gooder on the lars show than some a' ya' talkin folks and people.

I can talk a bout that bill, whats the number?, and talk a bout why we ain't got no desires fer it passin' in our state.

Seein as I'm bestest at relating over the telephonic devices, I'm gona call him and rap some good ship at him and the lib tards and force them to change.

OK?

UH, just trying to bring a little levity to this BS!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::D:D:D:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top