JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Minute 17 Search is down so I don't know if this has been posted. I couldn't make it through the entire thing.
Lars Larson Northwest Podcast 02-01-19
I listened to this yesterday on the radio. Lars says this guy is a long time friend of his, but this guy is more than half a bubble off!
He is the chief petitioner for a re-do of the minister's initiative petition to ban ALL semi-automatics because "we have to do something"!!! Oh the humanity! He had no knowledge of weapons (assault or otherwise), the Constitution (fed or state), the 2nd Amendment.

This interview is our best weapon against government overreach! He wants legislation to do something about which he knows nothing, cannot articulate, and couldn't defend his position when discrepancies were pointed out. But even through all of this his default response was "we have to do something"!!

This is a PERFECT example of the type of low info voter us gun owners are fighting. Amazing how readily he admits it would violate our rights yet the ends justify the means. Not surprised one bit. Makes one mad and sad all at the same time.

I listened to this. The best he could articulate is that he wanted to ban all assault weapons, which to him, it sounded like was everything but bolt guns and single shots, to "start the discussion". He kinda started out on the right page by saying any weapon that fires more than one round with a single pull of the trigger but could in no way, shape or form describe how that pertained to "all semi-auto" firearms which is the target of his legislation.

DUDE! Mr. Wasson! Call some afternoon B-E-F-O-R-E you hit the pipe. Good lord. You guys really sat and listened to that whole thing? Maybe if I was working, doing something else at the same time I was listening. Sheesh.

DUDE! Mr. Wasson! Call some afternoon B-E-F-O-R-E you hit the pipe. Good lord. You guys really sat and listened to that whole thing? Maybe if I was working, doing something else at the same time I was listening. Sheesh.

I was driving and listened to the condensed version on the radio. I heard enough. I heard plenty. None of these people proposing this legislation know doggy doo doo about which they speak. I would be willing to bet that fully 50% of them firmly believe you could go to the expo center gun show and buy a fully automatic machine gun without so much as having to show ID.

I was driving and listened to the condensed version on the radio. I heard enough. I heard plenty. None of these people proposing this legislation know doggy doo doo about which they speak. I would be willing to bet that fully 50% of them firmly believe you could go to the expo center gun show and buy a fully automatic machine gun without so much as having to show ID.
Earlier I had heard him say that he took the clergy's bill that failed, changed the dates and then resubmitted it as it stood. He didn't even understand why the first initiative failed!! Lars tried several times asking him to explain exactly what it was that he wanted to blame and never got any real answer out of him. I think he was put up to be the petitioner by others and he didn't read the bill. Salem must be full of people like this. Heaven help us all!

My goodness, is that dude on dope, drunk or just not have two brain cells to rub together? Maybe all the above? And these people vote and reproduce. No wonder this state is in this state. :confused:

Last Edited:
I wasn't going to, but after reading this thread I had to...

I'm pretty sure that this was a put-up job... this guy has no clue what the bill says, does, or what it's about. He's ignorantly anti-gun so he was recruited to be the face of this thing. After this interview I would bet money that there will be a different spokesman from now on.

I wasn't going to, but after reading this thread I had to...

I'm pretty sure that this was a put-up job... this guy has no clue what the bill says, does, or what it's about. He's ignorantly anti-gun so he was recruited to be the face of this thing. After this interview I would bet money that there will be a different spokesman from now on.

Regardless he is the Bill's CHIEF PETITIONER and that interview is solid gold for our side!

I use to listen to Lars a lot as it came on when I left work to drive home. With him, if the person is saying what he wants to hear, the person gets to talk but if the person is against something Lars is for, he never lets the interviewee finish a sentence or speak much. He is the same way with callers as well. Lars has always like having people that make no sense and that he can talk circles around them and I doubt he would do as well if he had to debate or argue with someone that was good at speaking and had all their facts together.

Mike

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads