JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Elk hunted for years with a Mod 70 in 338 Win Mag. Had to have a
stainless steel piece put just in front of my ear where I placed my
head. It was just too uncomfortable. Sadly I got shed of it. Now it's
a Mod 77 Ruger in 300 Win Mag. It's OK.

Largest Modern Rifle: .500 Jeffery, Fantasmic Elk, Moose, and Grizzly chambering, Commercial Magnum Mauser 98 for that controlled round feeding awesomeness when your life may depend on each shot!
Second .45/70, great all around short range chambering, Slick handling Marlin 1897 XLR lever gun!
Third .405 Winchester, 1895 Winchester Lever gun perfection, great for large game that can bite back!
Forth, .375 Weatherby Magnum ( .375 H&H blown out) absolute versatility for anything and everything, Also a Commercial Magnum Mauser 98!
Fifth. Several .338 Win Mag rifles, One Winchester M-70, two Ruger Hawkeye Guides, and one Ruger Alaskan! If you cant kill it with the .338, it don't need killin, the Rifle/Caliber that replaced everything between .270 win and .300 win mag!
way much.

Mine? .45-70.

Set up in a Siamese Mauser, outfitted with Express rear sights, Ivory ramp front.
85 fps less velocity than a .458 Winchester.

Africa? No Sweat.

1647824372331.jpeg

Had a Safari Grade Browning in .458 WM, it was ok but not versatile for anything in the lower 48, I mostly loaded it to .45-70 levels.
The M70 in .375H&H was a charm, probably the best "all around" rifle I've ever had.
Today it's a Browning SRC .45-70, a great woods rifle but kinda heavy to carry around all day.

Largest caliber- Shiloh 45-70
Used to own the ZKK (CZ) in 375HH, but it went away when I realized for what I hunt- the 550 FS in 9.3x62 will do the same thing, with less powder. The "huh" look that I get when the feller down the bench asks what I am shooting is priceless!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top