Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Large(sz) Interceptor Vest with 7.62 ceramic plates(2)

Discussion in 'Non-Firearm Item Classifieds' started by aquariumjunky, May 21, 2009.

1. aquariumjunky

aquariumjunky Albany, Oregon Active Member

(Sold )

I have a large Vest that I picked up a while back that no longer fits me. The ceramic plates are still in plastic wrap. Rated to stop 7.62 M80 Ball ammo and the vest is rated for handgun's by it self. It has groin and neck protector.

The vest is unused, has only been put on a few times and shows no signs of ever being used (bought it used LNIB)(well it did not have a box but you get the idea)

Looking for $425 for the vest and plates. orr???? an AK? .22 Handgun? or make me an offer? Like I said vest really does not fit (lets call it my broad shoulders(aka fat gut!)) so willing to entertain most things!

Steven

Last edited: May 23, 2009
  2. odiesplace97301

odiesplace97301 silverton area Member

Ok this may be stupid but the vest guy at the gun show told me ceramic plates cant be owned by civ's... Was he just B.Sing me cause he didnt have them to sell. Passed up a smoking deal on an interceptor because of it

3. aquariumjunky

Honestly never heard they were unlawful. I have no doubt they probally are in some states (some states everything is prohibited)

But do a search on a anti-gun place like e-bay and you can find lots ceramic armor plates for carriers and vests. The first one that comes up is ceramic and 299 plus shipping for two plates. I have a feeling if it was completely illigeal they woudl pull it but please others who know the oregon laws please chime in. If they are prohibited to own I will turn them in to the athorities.

Steven

4. odiesplace97301

odiesplace97301 silverton area Member

I was just asking about what that guy told me. I'm sure that it is , this seems to be a really good site... I just wanted to make sure, got paperwork at batfe and dont want to get in trouble and mess that up. So what size does lg fit
    Thanks
    Mike

5. aquariumjunky

Inside lable says 41-45 chest. I am 5'10" 230 pounds and I can get it on but it is tight. I really need an extra large and I don't seem to be shrinking so for sale it goes. If that helps any?

Steven

6. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

Well it is illegal for a felon to possess armor, or to use armor in any sort of violent crime in oregon;

7. parsons_12b

parsons_12b LaPine Oregon Well-Known Member

Could you post a picture of the plates?

8. aquariumjunky

Sorry for the Delay Here is a picture of the plates.

Steven

9. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

In my recent research I've found that it is illegal for a retailer to sell certain classes of armour to a civ. I could find no caveat for reselling from person to person.

10. CastleFox

CastleFox Gone New Member

So basically they made it ILLEGAL for innocent people to protect themselves from getting shot. Nice. Real Nice. What other stupid laws are they going to come up with to screw more innocent people out of safety?

I used to work security years ago and it was completely legal for lawful civilians to buy and ware body armor. I did all the time.

Criminals don't give a rats :soapbox: about laws.

ATTENTION LAW ABIDING AMERICAN CITIZENS!!

"It's Illegal for you to protect your own LIFE from getting shot with high power weapons. Only police are allowed to protect their own lives" :bsflag:

11. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

I don't want to turn this WTS thread into a discussion, but I urge you to re-read the line, specifically the words; 'certain classes of'. That means you can, but only up to a limit specified by the government.

12. aquariumjunky

Just want to state I am a civ and bought from a civ and sold from a civ so no harm from what Dark has said.

Ow and the vest and plates are gone so no worries thread closed :)

We can start a new thread about stupid gov laws!

Steven

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.