JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
(Sold )

I have a large Vest that I picked up a while back that no longer fits me. The ceramic plates are still in plastic wrap. Rated to stop 7.62 M80 Ball ammo and the vest is rated for handgun's by it self. It has groin and neck protector.

The vest is unused, has only been put on a few times and shows no signs of ever being used (bought it used LNIB)(well it did not have a box but you get the idea)

Looking for $425 for the vest and plates. orr???? an AK? .22 Handgun? or make me an offer? Like I said vest really does not fit (lets call it my broad shoulders(aka fat gut!)) so willing to entertain most things!

Steven

Last Edited:
Ok this may be stupid but the vest guy at the gun show told me ceramic plates cant be owned by civ's... Was he just B.Sing me cause he didnt have them to sell. Passed up a smoking deal on an interceptor because of it

Honestly never heard they were unlawful. I have no doubt they probally are in some states (some states everything is prohibited)

But do a search on a anti-gun place like e-bay and you can find lots ceramic armor plates for carriers and vests. The first one that comes up is ceramic and 299 plus shipping for two plates. I have a feeling if it was completely illigeal they woudl pull it but please others who know the oregon laws please chime in. If they are prohibited to own I will turn them in to the athorities.

Steven

I was just asking about what that guy told me. I'm sure that it is , this seems to be a really good site... I just wanted to make sure, got paperwork at batfe and dont want to get in trouble and mess that up. So what size does lg fit
Thanks
Mike

Inside lable says 41-45 chest. I am 5'10" 230 pounds and I can get it on but it is tight. I really need an extra large and I don't seem to be shrinking so for sale it goes. If that helps any?

Steven

Well it is illegal for a felon to possess armor, or to use armor in any sort of violent crime in oregon;

POSSESSION OF BODY ARMOR

166.641 Definitions for ORS 166.641 to 166.643. As used in this section and ORS 166.642 and 166.643:

(1) "Body armor" means any clothing or equipment designed in whole or in part to minimize the risk of injury from a deadly weapon.

(2) "Deadly weapon" has the meaning given that term in ORS 161.015.

(3) "Misdemeanor involving violence" has the meaning given that term in ORS 166.470. [2001 c.635 §1]

166.642 Felon in possession of body armor. (1) A person commits the crime of felon in possession of body armor if the person:

(a) Has been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor involving violence under the law of any state or the United States; and

(b) Knowingly is in possession or control of body armor.

(2) Felon in possession of body armor is a Class C felony.

(3) For purposes of subsection (1) of this section, a person who has been found to be within the jurisdiction of a juvenile court for having committed an act that would constitute a felony or misdemeanor involving violence has been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor involving violence.

(4) Subsection (1) of this section does not apply to:

(a) A person who is wearing body armor provided by a peace officer for the person's safety or protection while the person is being transported or accompanied by a peace officer; or

(b) A person who has been convicted of only one felony under the law of this state or any other state, or who has been convicted of only one felony under the law of the United States, which felony did not involve criminal homicide, as defined in ORS 163.005, and who has been discharged from imprisonment, parole or probation for the offense for a period of 15 years prior to the date of the alleged violation of subsection (1) of this section.

(5) It is an affirmative defense to a charge of violating subsection (1) of this section that a protective order or restraining order has been entered to the benefit of the person. The affirmative defense created by this subsection is not available if the person possesses the body armor while committing or attempting to commit a crime. [2001 c.635 §2]

166.643 Unlawful possession of body armor. (1) A person commits the crime of unlawful possession of body armor if the person, while committing or attempting to commit a felony or misdemeanor involving violence, knowingly:

(a) Wears body armor; and

(b) Possesses a deadly weapon.

(2) Unlawful possession of body armor is a Class B felony. [2001 c.635 §3]

In my recent research I've found that it is illegal for a retailer to sell certain classes of armour to a civ. I could find no caveat for reselling from person to person.

So basically they made it ILLEGAL for innocent people to protect themselves from getting shot. Nice. Real Nice. What other stupid laws are they going to come up with to screw more innocent people out of safety?

I used to work security years ago and it was completely legal for lawful civilians to buy and ware body armor. I did all the time.

Criminals don't give a rats :s0146: about laws.

ATTENTION LAW ABIDING AMERICAN CITIZENS!!

"It's Illegal for you to protect your own LIFE from getting shot with high power weapons. Only police are allowed to protect their own lives" :bsflag:

So basically they made it ILLEGAL for innocent people to protect themselves from getting shot. Nice. Real Nice. What other stupid laws are they going to come up with to screw more innocent people out of safety? I used to work security years ago and it was completely legal for lawful civilians to buy and ware body armor. I did all the time.

I don't want to turn this WTS thread into a discussion, but I urge you to re-read the line, specifically the words; 'certain classes of'. That means you can, but only up to a limit specified by the government.

Just want to state I am a civ and bought from a civ and sold from a civ so no harm from what Dark has said.

Ow and the vest and plates are gone so no worries thread closed :)

We can start a new thread about stupid gov laws!

Steven

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top