JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Many people still believe Orcas are these gentle giants...

Lol...

Wolves of the ocean and just as vicious as they are curious.

Do you that life lesson though
OK honey now watch as I turn the shark over,put it to sleep and drown it!
People have asked which was the baddest, a great white shark or an orca.
Seeings as how a shark has a puny brain and an orca has a brain proportionate to his head size.....not much of a challange.
Have y'all seen this one?

Do not want to be swimming around either beast. Man may be an apex predator on land - even that is debatable if we're alone and unarmed - but in the sea, we're no where near top of the food chain. Orcas are thugs. Dolphins can be thugs too.

I would, however, be all for importing/stocking/planting orcas, white sharks, and dolphins in the lower Columbia river to rid us of the damned California Sealion problem. More sharks, fewer fur bags. I'd be OK with that.

There are people who swim with orcas in puget sound . They don't much care about us. But one story from 10? years ago was a guy swam with them all the time with scuba gear. With his wife and baby daughter waiting on the boat.
The orcas started acting weird and eventually when the guy didn't come up she realized he had drowned. The orcas were basically trying to tell her something was wrong.
His gear had failed.
And if f the orcas wanted those sea lions you can bet they would be there killing them .
Or eating the salmon themselves,lol

Orcas are super smart. If they could speak "human" I think we would be amazed by their intelligence. Sharks are rightly terrified of them- a few years back the team of scientists studying sharks at the farallon islands (a great white breeding ground, and the place with the largest gw population in North America) were surprised to find that every single shark had suddenly hightailed it out of there at the height of their breeding season. Turns out a pod of orcas had moved into the area, and they (the Sharks) split.

Orcas are super smart. If they could speak "human" I think we would be amazed by their intelligence. Sharks are rightly terrified of them- a few years back the team of scientists studying sharks at the farallon islands (a great white breeding ground, and the place with the largest gw population in North America) were surprised to find that every single shark had suddenly hightailed it out of there at the height of their breeding season. Turns out a pod of orcas had moved into the area, and they (the Sharks) split.
Pretty sure that's where that vid I posted was filmed. After that incident the sharks in the area gave sway to the orcas
BTY the orcas' communications are far more advance than ours

These creatures are alot smarter then we know. there is a video that shows them " playing " with a baby seal.. then after they got bored, they pushed it back to land.

Pretty sure that's where that vid I posted was filmed. After that incident the sharks in the area gave sway to the orcas
BTY the orcas' communications are far more advance than ours
I was watching a show where a group were tagging White sharks around the Farallon islands. they found 0 none. they finally talked to a guy that ran a research post there and he said in fact, there were Orca in the area a few days earlier. Orca show up, the food leaves.

These creatures are alot smarter then we know. there is a video that shows them " playing " with a baby seal.. then after they got bored, they pushed it back to land.
I was on an Alaska cruise where a couple of Orcas were playing with a seal. Throwing it up in the air, letting it splash in the water, and repeating. Biologist on board said it was a female teaching her youngster how to hunt. Reminded me of my cat playing with a mouse.

Why is that when an animal defends itself , many people say that's okay ...
Yet when humans defend themselves it suddenly becomes not okay to many people?

Not really looking for an answer here , just saying , as the kids say.
Andy

Last Edited:
You know what Andy.
I'm gona give you my answer anyways! ;)

One day in the army. I was standing around with my hands in my pockets. When I heard a cry for a Medic!

My first thought was ''Somebody's hurt bad''.
But my second, and more important thought was ''I'm a Medic. Maybe I should go help''?

So moments later I was at the downed soldiers side.

He was confused and had a large cut on his forehead. This and I could also see his pupils were two different sizes.

He was already laying down.
So I held up three fingers. And asked him. ''How many fingers am I holding up''?
He looked at me. And I could tell he was trying to concentrate.

It took several seconds. But finally he answered.
He said ''Wednesday''. o_O

It was at that time I realized ''People are capable of thinking the strangest chit is right''.
And injury to the brain. Is the fastest way to get these results. :D

So that's gona have to be my answer Andy. ;)
''Wednesday''. :s0140:

[This joke is based on true events. And I just made the rest up] :s0108:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR