JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
anyone seeing any up and down the I-5 corridor ? My son is coming this way and IF there is even a chance of scoring a few hundred, I'd sure be a happy camper .
push come to shove I'll order online but wow that hazmat stuff and retirees income ..yikes
thanks gang

Bi-Mart had a few here locally when I stopped in a couple days ago. I was in Newberg the same day, and for curiosity I stopped in Bi-Mart there too, and they had some also.

I had quit checking Bi-Mart for primers, since it's been so long. It was nice to finally see some on the shelf again, even if they were twice the price they used to be.

Bi-Mart had a few here locally when I stopped in a couple days ago. I was in Newberg the same day, and for curiosity I stopped in Bi-Mart there too, and they had some also.

I had quit checking Bi-Mart for primers, since it's been so long. It was nice to finally see some on the shelf again, even if they were twice the price they used to be.
As in these……. I saw them too. Left them there for the next guy. First primers in a retail store in 2yrs that I have seen. Took the photo to share with some guys I know looking for them.

D7031C26-FE44-4829-822E-15657D891E3C.jpeg

It's sad that's the current price from them, I picked some up a few months ago from Bimart and they were $5 & $6 a pack, seems they went up quick.
Ya cutting into the flippers profit margins. (I say flippers not GOUGERs as anyone can sell their property for what ever they wish)

They will come back down. I expect we will eventually see basic CCI at a new standard of $40 to $45 per k and the 2yrs ago $30 to $32 per k days are gone.

Just like when Obama took office, primers vaporized. Then slowly made it back small bits at first then finally full bricks.

Ya cutting into the flippers profit margins. (I say flippers not GOUGERs as anyone can sell their property for what ever they wish)

They will come back down. I expect we will eventually see basic CCI at a new standard of $40 to $45 per k and the 2yrs ago $30 to $32 per k days are gone.

Just like when Obama took office, primers vaporized. Then slowly made it back small bits at first then finally full bricks.
Hey I'm in favor of low cost primers again, it would make some of my calibers worth reloading again instead of just buying factory. Low cost powder, brass and bullets would be nice too.

The last ones I saw at BiMart were CCI and were something like $6. I don't know if the higher price is Federal only, or across the board.

It's funny, I was concerned a bit when this panic started, even helped a friend find some primers for way-too-much ($150/k and I doubt that he's even touched them yet). Now, a couple years into it, I'm really not worried. I had a decent stash but not a bunch, but then again I don't shoot real high volume either. I've picked a few up here and there when I see them at reasonable prices, but not really looking for them or going out of my way. I've still got plenty for my purposes. I see some on the shelf and leave them for (hopefully) someone who needs them.

I fully agree. They won't come back to what they were - inflation - but at the same time the current $100/k is not the "new normal". I think (hope) that we're on the tail end of this panic. I'll stock up good when/if they're back to <$50/k, but then won't we all? :)

I fully agree. They won't come back to what they were - inflation - but at the same time the current $100/k is not the "new normal". I think (hope) that we're on the tail end of this panic. I'll stock up good when/if they're back to <$50/k, but then won't we all? :)
I think we are dreaming to think primers will ever again be under $50 a brick, retail. If they get back under $60, I would be thrilled, but fully expect to wind up at the $60 to $75 range, when (or if) they ever return to the shelves in volume.

Basic economics, supply and demand have been upset badly for a couple years now.

Manufacturers have declined to expand production beyond just adding shifts because it's a bubble that will inevitably pop. Building a new plant during a bubble is foolish because once demand falls, they'd have to idle that new plant and lay everyone off.

There's a costs of production, and we have a general idea what that is, because two or three years ago manufacturers, wholesalers, and retailers were all able to make a profit at $30-$35/k.

Assuming demand drops to where supply and demand balance out again, and the shelves are full, prices will normalize. If prices are too high, sales volume decreases and profits suffer. If prices drop too low, profits suffer and manufacturers idle plants or go under, supply decreases and prices rise again to balance with demand.

Bottom line is that supply and demand, and therefore prices, will normalize at some point, resulting in a "new normal" average retail price. Increased cost of production due to inflation (wages, materials, etc.) means that price won't be the $30 from the past, but at the same time a basic understanding of economics says it won't be $70 either.

This is why I agree with Helocat that the new normal at some point is likely to fall into the $40 - $45/k range.

Basic economics, supply and demand have been upset badly for a couple years now.

Manufacturers have declined to expand production beyond just adding shifts because it's a bubble that will inevitably pop. Building a new plant during a bubble is foolish because once demand falls, they'd have to idle that new plant and lay everyone off.

There's a costs of production, and we have a general idea what that is, because two or three years ago manufacturers, wholesalers, and retailers were all able to make a profit at $30-$35/k.

Assuming demand drops to where supply and demand balance out again, and the shelves are full, prices will normalize. If prices are too high, sales volume decreases and profits suffer. If prices drop too low, profits suffer and manufacturers idle plants or go under, supply decreases and prices rise again to balance with demand.

Bottom line is that supply and demand, and therefore prices, will normalize at some point, resulting in a "new normal" average retail price. Increased cost of production due to inflation (wages, materials, etc.) means that price won't be the $30 from the past, but at the same time a basic understanding of economics says it won't be $70 either.

This is why I agree with Helocat that the new normal at some point is likely to fall into the $40 - $45/k range.
No different than the rest of us, its just costing more for labor. We all are looking at 9% inflation overall, yet housing and food is 20% up. So all the raw parts for making bits are higher and the labor making the primers is higher. Transportation costs with diesel costs…. Lots of hand sticking out before our primers are sitting on the shelf at Bi-Mart. Oh then Bi-mart workers then need their cut…. BUT hay! $17hr at McD's is the new norm.

No different than the rest of us, its just costing more for labor. We all are looking at 9% inflation overall, yet housing and food is 20% up. So all the raw parts for making bits are higher and the labor making the primers is higher. Transportation costs with diesel costs…. Lots of hand sticking out before our primers are sitting on the shelf at Bi-Mart. Oh then Bi-mart workers then need their cut…. BUT hay! $17hr at McD's is the new norm.
Yup. I figure when it comes down to brass tacks damn near any price is cheap if it comes to fighting for my freedom. This isn't *strictly* a sport folks. Its a way of life! Rules to live by... And etc.

Oh yeah.. Forgot to mention I've seen quite a few primers lately at sportsman's warehouse but only sold 200 per day unless you go with someone. $7 a pack I think they were for CCI's and $9 a pack for BR4's which I did grab a couple of those. I've seen a smattering all around on the shelves.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads