JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I live in Vancouver WA and im trying to figure out where the Larch Mtn Rock pit shooting area is? Can anyone give me some good directions or GPS cordinates so i can google map it? The English pit won't let me shoot my AR pistol :(.
Any help would be much appriciated.

Trouble with idiots, johny law, there is a corrections facility there. there are houses up there and some signs not worth the trouble anymore. county cops go by all the time. stevensen range is just off hwy 14 head east from bridge of the gods to ash lake rd got aprox 1.4 miles to blue creek rd folow it, then you will see the gravel pits up and to the right are the ranges.

No the law is fine! It's the f-tards that shoot there. If you have 4x4 I suggest making your way about 2miles up from the pit on the logging road. Plenty of places to shoot with nobody around.

The gravel pit is nice for me cuz
It's only a 15min drive but be careful and aware of whose around. I have seen plenty of near misses while up
There. The most recent was a s*** head shooting when 2 of his buddys were down range setting up targets...

Trouble with idiots, johny law, there is a corrections facility there. there are houses up there and some signs not worth the trouble anymore. county cops go by all the time. stevensen range is just off hwy 14 head east from bridge of the gods to ash lake rd got aprox 1.4 miles to blue creek rd folow it, then you will see the gravel pits up and to the right are the ranges.

The 4 times Ive visted this range, which has to be on the weekends, I show up at 7-8am, the ranges are completely full of people with the attitude that its their personal range as if they paid a membership (usually the old-timers out there with their organized gun clubs wearing their gun club vests with all the patchwork), and they have a full days' worth of ammo they plan on shooting with no intention of opening up for anyone else. I could've let it go until the last time I went (took my son and my brother, the off-duty Centralia Police Officer of 31 yrs down visiting us that weekend), and made the obvious mistake of politely asking one of the self-appointed "range masters" how long they thought they would be. To this the old boy rudely replied without looking in my direction, "as long as it takes" and walked away. If you visit, hope your experience will be better than mine. Sorry for the long wind vent.

I currently shoot in an area open to the public that no one knows about (never seen anyone of a sign of anyone), within 35 mins from East Vancouver, and can shoot long range (up to 2000m)

The 4 times Ive visted this range, which has to be on the weekends, I show up at 7-8am, the ranges are completely full of people with the attitude that its their personal range as if they paid a membership (usually the old-timers out there with their organized gun clubs wearing their gun club vests with all the patchwork), and they have a full days' worth of ammo they plan on shooting with no intention of opening up for anyone else. I could've let it go until the last time I went (took my son and my brother, the off-duty Centralia Police Officer of 31 yrs down visiting us that weekend), and made the obvious mistake of politely asking one of the self-appointed "range masters" how long they thought they would be. To this the old boy rudely replied without looking in my direction, "as long as it takes" and walked away. If you visit, hope your experience will be better than mine. Sorry for the long wind vent.

I currently shoot in an area open to the public that no one knows about (never seen anyone of a sign of anyone), within 35 mins from East Vancouver, and can shoot long range (up to 2000m)

After reading all the replies i decieded not to check out larch shooting pit. I appreciate everyone that shared thier experience. Cyclesurvival suggested stevenson range, i went there this morning around 10:30 am there was alot of people shooting in both ranges, so i went to beacon rock and killed somtime hiking up to the top, guessing a few people would leave around close to lunch time. Came back around 11:44am and sure enough i had the pistol range to my self for a good 2 hrs. I had a good time with my pistol ar.
A shooting area 35min from east vancouver up to 2000m such a place exists? would you be willing to share with me?

I go up to Larch on a regular basis, but never stop at the gravel pit. Go past the pit and turn right. Follow that back a couple miles and you'll find a very large open area with plenty of space and backdrop for safety. Amazing view of the metro area too!

I go shooting up on larch periodically as I can for the past 10 years. I have never once used the pit as its always seem some one is there so I just don't waste time. During the week I never have troubles up there finding locations to unwind. During the weekend it can be challenging especially with nice sunny days. NEVER forget there is Recreational trails up there often in places that are tempting to shoot towards. I have seen people almost get hit because of this. You think your in a good spot and come to found out there is a trail in the background. I have never had an issue from the fire department or police up there.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top