JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bad translation. The particular use of force is authorized by anyone. Cops do not get anymore legal leeway than a citizen. If I saw someone with a gun who was walking away from me and toward my wife in order to shoot them, I would be justified in shooting them in the back as well.

LOL, way to come up with a totally fantastical scenario to justify your BS.

As someone in this thread already mentioned, Ian Birk shooting John Williams in the back what actually happens, where the cop was given a complete pass on his incredulous claims.

That was Vallejo PD. Odd since all cops are corrupt, how do you think this came to light in the first place? Answer: A cop sent the video to the news agency.

More than likely it was a civilian employee, since almost to a man, cops maintain a mafia-like silence on each other's malfeasance.

I lived in LA for a few years. There is a lot of shady things that happen and sort of get swept under the rug. I was completely unaware that it was OK to shoot someone running from you in the back. I am curious if someone with CHL shot someone running from them in the back, even if that person was armed, would get off.

You would be INSTANTLY arrested! I was a Navy reservist several years ago in a Detention Unit at Bangor sub base. EVERYBODY in the unit was off duty LE. The LE community knows the basic rules of "Use of Deadly Force". When somebody is fleeing away with there back to you, this does not pose ANY threat of bodily harm. To shoot somebody in the back is wrong plain and simple. The ONLY time in my 52 year old life I have ever heard of anybody getting away with shooting another person in the back. Several years ago an elderly man in his 70's, in the Northgate area of Seattle. He suprised a couple of intruders with his handgun. They both turned and ran out the back door. As the second person makes it to the door, the elderly man shot him in the back as he went out the door. The person he shot had a baseball bat in his hand and had an extensive record of violent crimes and assault. The Seattle police did not charge the home owner with anything.

Exactly, that cop should be on death row!

How about the car load of LAPD officers shooting up the wrong truck and wounding the occupants in the process looking for Dorner.. Did anybody see the pictures of that truck? Swiss cheese! Even though the LAPD was in a panic mode, this was not the acts of ANY responsible gun owner. Those officers that shot up the wrong truck should be brought up on charges also. I think that the general public holds LE to a much higher quality of standards and expects them to act that way. When you can't trust your own local LE, there are some serious problems. Is there one single LAPD officer that shot up the truck come forward and admitt they did the wrong thing? Is there a single officer that feels the least bit guilty for hurt inocent people?.............................

Seattle Cop, Ian Birk, shot the native American woodcarver Williams in the back, and killed him...Williams was walking away from Birk and had a piece of wood he was carving in one hand, and a CLOSED pen knife in the other. Investigation stated it was a wrongful death, but all that happened to Birk was he lost his job with the Seattle PD. Cost Seattle $1.3M and a statute of Williams in one of the Seattle Parks.

Williams' real crime? Contempt of cop, he did not stop when Birk yelled at him to stop.

Birk should have been tried and conviced of murder, but he's a cop you know. Not just LA, though LA is one of the worst for that stuff.

Wasn't Williams deaf?

The truck that was shot up mentioned above.

These guys should face the same penalty that we would if we were to do something like that. Absolutely nuts.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

lol.. you guys need to resupply your tin foil

I dunno, I was a reserve for Gresham and I watched a Sgt. biatch slap a mexican to the ground at Polar King because he wasn't speaking English well enough for GPD's finest.
My coach simply said, we need to go. So we left.

I remember a case roughly 20 years ago in Portland where a fleeing armed robber was shot in the back and died. The armed robber tried to hold up a store on 102nd & E Burnside. The clerk pulled a gun and the robber threatened to return and kill him while fleeing. It was determined that reasonably feared for his life. This was reported on the news and before records were available online so I did not research it any further.

Wasn't Williams deaf?

The "Deaf" story that is even more incredable (that Birk did not know Williams was deaf is understandable, but still no excuse to shoot him)...Do you remember the deaf woman In Tacoma that used her tty to call 911 after she was assualted in her home? Those cop had to know she was deaf, but when she came running out and they yelled at her to stop, and she did not, they tased her and threw her in jail? Poor gal was a victim twice, once by the bad guy, and then by the cops. I hope she hits up Tacoma for a bundle for that garbage.

I dunno, I was a reserve for Gresham and I watched a Sgt. biatch slap a mexican to the ground at Polar King because he wasn't speaking English well enough for GPD's finest.
My coach simply said, we need to go. So we left.

Yeah. No doubt it happens. It isn't as widespread as you would think. Just out of curiosity, what did you do about it?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top