JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I didn't have one... and I'm not trying to kill anyone.

I think that has something to do with it (no father role), but there's gotta be more to it. Community and culture I think.

-Robert
Not a hard and fast rule, but... Statistically, better outcomes are achieved in a two-parent household. Throw poverty and a culture that embraces violence on top of it and... well you get what you get. The majority of death row inmates come from non-intact families, for example.

EhhHem!
I have not seen ANY signage there. And how would SB554 change that. CHL is CHL.
More than likely idiots filled with pride and booze or drugs and/or gang related which falls back to the 'ol pride.

Stupid people at stupid places at stupid times.

If you're pulling your weapon out at the fair and it's not an active shooter (mental wingnut) situation,
then you may want to reassess your life decisions.
Just Sayin's all.
If I remember, I'll take a picture next time I'm in the area. Very clearly listed if I recall right on the gates as general rules of the facility

I didn't have one... and I'm not trying to kill anyone.

I think that has something to do with it (no father role), but there's gotta be more to it. Community and culture I think.

-Robert
By the way nothing personal, but the vast majority of prison inhabitants had a single commonality of a fatherless home.

I hear a young woman in the background and see the skinny guys posture. I have pre judged the situation.

The optics are bad. Looks a lot like the skinny kid done bad. Will wait for a little more information. For now I am leaning towards, stepped on shoe or what you looking at.

By the way nothing personal, but the vast majority of prison inhabitants had a single commonality of a fatherless home.
Latest update…. turns out that the perpetrators were Clown College drop-outs.

E41327E4-0960-463D-982B-D0CC7F40833F.jpeg

No worries, I was at the pub having some beer and typing up a philosophical existential reply but got a phone call lol

I volunteer often for youth programs and see just how much young people need someone to at least acknowledge their existence and let them feel heard. I know their parents are either too busy working to feed and house them, or are just not there in the first place. It's sad, I sort of relate to their plight; however, I am a lot more independent in comparison. Perhaps my own experience is why I enjoy giving my time and energy to these types of programs.

Beyond that, I think a lot of people (adults and "adults") like to blame their problems on everyone or everything else but themselves. I abhor that defeatist victim mentality, and I am frustrated that I am the "exception to the rule" when dealing with society in that regard.

I believe the community upbringing that has a lot to do with the mentality we learn and live by... and I can see that many of these people limit themselves to their peers. Some lessons are only learned the hard way, and the way things are going lately... they're not learning them hard enough.

-Robert

No worries, I was at the pub having some beer and typing up a philosophical existential reply but got a phone call lol

I volunteer often for youth programs and see just how much young people need someone to at least acknowledge their existence and let them feel heard. I know their parents are either too busy working to feed and house them, or are just not there in the first place. It's sad, I sort of relate to their plight; however, I am a lot more independent in comparison. Perhaps my own experience is why I enjoy giving my time and energy to these types of programs.

Beyond that, I think a lot of people (adults and "adults") like to blame their problems on everyone or everything else but themselves. I abhor that defeatist victim mentality, and I am frustrated that I am the "exception to the rule" when dealing with society in that regard.

I believe the community upbringing that has a lot to do with the mentality we learn and live by... and I can see that many of these people limit themselves to their peers. Some lessons are only learned the hard way, and the way things are going lately... they're not learning them hard enough.

-Robert
Lots of people can be good mentors to help raise/guide youth. Teachers, coaches, pastors, extended family, close neighbors, etc. but none of them can completely fill the gap of a well functioning father and mother. As a teacher, it is quite obvious from an early age the kids who are clearly not getting enough parental guidance/support, but you can't fix every kid in the short amount of time that you have to work with them, only try to show them the light toward a better future, and it is up to them to follow that path or not, which, when you live with crap at home, that can be darn near impossible.

From my perspective, a major problem we have today regarding children is that we have compounded generations of just really crappy parents producing kids who often grow up to kick the can down the road even farther. I do believe there is major personal accountability needed, every person gets to decide for themselves the choices they are going to make in their life and life with the results of those choices.

However, I also understand, just like dogs, if you train a dog during their formative years to act a certain way, it's hard for them to not act that way even when they have grown up. The system is broke and just like everything else in life, it takes a lot more time and effort to fix it than to break it.

If I remember, I'll take a picture next time I'm in the area. Very clearly listed if I recall right on the gates as general rules of the facility
I was there Friday and paid particular attention to the signs at the gate. Among a list of a dozen prohibited items and actions, the only thing that applied to guns was "No Weapons". Signs do not have the force of law in Oregon. The most they could do is trespass you if they discovered you carrying with a CHL. At some point SB554 will be in effect and Lane County may pass an anti-concealed carry ordinance. At that time I believe a much more elaborate set of signs detailing the statute(s) you would be violating will be required to be posted. For now, as far as I can tell, CC with a permit is not an automatic violation.

It is fortunate that there has only been one confirmed injury so far. Any discharge of a firearm in a place that is presumably packed could have been a lot worse!

Lots of people can be good mentors to help raise/guide youth. Teachers, coaches, pastors, extended family, close neighbors, etc. but none of them can completely fill the gap of a well functioning father and mother. As a teacher, it is quite obvious from an early age the kids who are clearly not getting enough parental guidance/support, but you can't fix every kid in the short amount of time that you have to work with them, only try to show them the light toward a better future, and it is up to them to follow that path or not, which, when you live with crap at home, that can be darn near impossible.

From my perspective, a major problem we have today regarding children is that we have compounded generations of just really crappy parents producing kids who often grow up to kick the can down the road even farther. I do believe there is major personal accountability needed, every person gets to decide for themselves the choices they are going to make in their life and life with the results of those choices.

However, I also understand, just like dogs, if you train a dog during their formative years to act a certain way, it's hard for them to not act that way even when they have grown up. The system is broke and just like everything else in life, it takes a lot more time and effort to fix it than to break it.
The short explanation is that this kid and millions like him did not have a male role model who would kick his butt when he got too full of himself. He and his cohorts never learned the lesson that there is always somebody bigger and meaner than you are, and you can't always do exactly as you please.

The short explanation is that this kid and millions like him did not have a male role model who would kick his butt when he got too full of himself. He and his cohorts never learned the lesson that there is always somebody bigger and meaner than you are, and you can't always do exactly as you please.
Facts.

Oh, and you don't get "extra lives" and "respawn" when you're killed…. and that you'd wish for death when you realize bullets break bones, and blow huge holes on their exit.

Exception to the rule.
I think that having an abusive father will mess a kid up big time, not the absence of one. I've seen it.

And I don't think Robert is an exception to the rule. Not saying he is screwed up, lol, I'm saying I have known lots of guys who had no father and they were fine since the mother was a good mom. If there is no dad and the mom is abusive or neglects the kid, then they get screwed up. At least from my experience with friends and guys that I know. ( not me personally, my parents were good to me and they are still married.)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top