JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The short explanation is that this kid and millions like him did not have a male role model who would kick his butt when he got too full of himself. He and his cohorts never learned the lesson that there is always somebody bigger and meaner than you are, and you can't always do exactly as you please.
Do we know that this kid doesn't have a father figure or are we just presuming.

Good thing I only have EDC tools.
I was there Friday and paid particular attention to the signs at the gate. Among a list of a dozen prohibited items and actions, the only thing that applied to guns was "No Weapons". Signs do not have the force of law in Oregon. The most they could do is trespass you if they discovered you carrying with a CHL. At some point SB554 will be in effect and Lane County may pass an anti-concealed carry ordinance. At that time I believe a much more elaborate set of signs detailing the statute(s) you would be violating will be required to be posted. For now, as far as I can tell, CC with a permit is not an automatic violation.
Good thing I only have EDC tools :rolleyes:

It is a shame that you have to go across the pond to get the full story

"The bullet struck a nearby female in the arm after it ricocheted off the ground, the witness explained." So the shooter did not even hit what he was aiming at!

I am willing to bet if the kid was white this would be all over metro area news stations. "Security stops mass shooting"

I can't put my finger on it... not a peep

Waiting for his mama to say he is a good boy!

Latest update…. turns out that the perpetrators were Clown College drop-outs.

View attachment 998302

Carrying a gun earns instant respect.

Until you're flat on your stomach with a knee in your back.
"I can't breathe!!!"

Update.

Kid was 16.

They'll be released after a good talking to...

I am trying to decode the latest story:

Eugene police said before the shooting, an adult male and the two juveniles became involved in a physical altercation.

"Adult Male" is what an 18 year old? The earlier mentioned Reddit post mentioned a disagreement over a girl. I am guessing that this was another accidental bump followed by the 16 year old and his friend demanding "respect".

During the altercation the 16-year-old displayed a handgun and threatened the adult male. A citizen, who attempted to intervene, was allegedly assaulted by several friends of the juveniles who were involved in the original physical altercation.

OK the "Adult Male" whoops the two teens, so the 16 year old pulls his pistol out for some "respect". A "Citizen", sound like and older person attempted to intervene (bad move) and gets jumped on bythe 16 year olds posse.

The 16-year-old was subsequently contacted by security. During this contact the 16-year-old discharged the handgun and the bullet struck an uninvolved woman in the arm. The 16-year- old was subsequently detained by security. During this time the 14-year-old disturbed evidence of the shooting and was also detained by security.

So the 16 year old did not fire the gun at the "Adult Male". Sounds like the pistol discharged while Security was disarming him. The prior story from The Sun mentioned that "The bullet struck a nearby female in the arm after it ricocheted off the ground" which makes more sense. No mention of the posse getting charged for assaulting the citizen.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top