JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just set my appointment for June 2nd. Is this normal? Why do we have to wait to submit our forms? It doesn't really seem like something that should take 40 minutes. Unless there is some sort of ancient ritualistic sacrifice that I was not informed of. In which case I am not down lol. Either way what's the deal with this. Almost a two month wait then up to another 45 day wait? I mean at this point it would be quicker to get a form 4 processed.

Could just be the time of year. When I got mine a year ago I booked an appointment a day or two away and received my license in the mail about 3 days later. My wife got hers about 4 months ago and it was the same. It really only takes about 10 minutes for the picture, blood draw, hair sample, urine sample, etc., then you have to wait around for the anal probe...

It's not June yet so I'll assume you're still waiting on that CHL appointment.

Try this, go in first thing in the morning, get on the waiting list which will be short. You get called in order of arrival.

lane county
Set appt July 4 for August 26, received chl permit in mailbox today 9/18
8/26-9/18 24 days appointment to mailbox

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442613395.089122.jpg innit pretty [emoji173]️

I just set my appointment for June 2nd. Is this normal? Why do we have to wait to submit our forms? It doesn't really seem like something that should take 40 minutes. Unless there is some sort of ancient ritualistic sacrifice that I was not informed of. In which case I am not down lol. Either way what's the deal with this. Almost a two month wait then up to another 45 day wait? I mean at this point it would be quicker to get a form 4 processed.
Did you finally get yours?

Anyone waiting for their CCw in Oregon?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not June yet so I'll assume you're still waiting on that CHL appointment.

Try this, go in first thing in the morning, get on the waiting list which will be short. You get called in order of arrival.
Does this work? I just went online to book and they are showing nothing available until mid-May!:eek: I just need to do my re-newal that is up in February.

I remember a memo being sent out several months back saying to setup the appointment 5-6 months prior to the expiration of your current CHL because there is an increase in demand for CHL's.
Glad i have plenty of time left on my CHL so i don't need to book an appointment yet.

Yes, just make sure to get there early as it does take a considerable amount of time!

I am in the same boat. Do we need to go in right when the sheriffs office opens, or get there just before 10am when they start CHL applications. Mine expired, didn't think it did till next year. Now I have to redo it as a new app. My appointment isnt till May.

I am in the same boat. Do we need to go in right when the sheriffs office opens, or get there just before 10am when they start CHL applications. Mine expired, didn't think it did till next year. Now I have to redo it as a new app. My appointment isnt till May.

get there prior to them opening and make sure they know you have an appointment set otherwise you'll get shuffled around and be made to wait.

Took care of it this morning. Super fast and easy as a walk-in. Show up at 8:50 and walk out at 9:20. Once they called me back the whole process took less then 7 minutes and that included waiting for the background check.

boarder4life81, did you just walk in with no appt? I have an appt for April 20, and I dont want to wait that long if I dont have to.
Yes. I did book an appointment online (for mid-May), but I just got there early and asked to do a walk-in. I'm sure if I had to wait until later in the day the wait would have been longer, but as the old sayin' goes "Early bird...".

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top