Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Lane county CHL wait times?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Dylan323i, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Dylan323i

Dylan323i Eugene, OR New Member

I just set my appointment for June 2nd. Is this normal? Why do we have to wait to submit our forms? It doesn't really seem like something that should take 40 minutes. Unless there is some sort of ancient ritualistic sacrifice that I was not informed of. In which case I am not down lol. Either way what's the deal with this. Almost a two month wait then up to another 45 day wait? I mean at this point it would be quicker to get a form 4 processed.

2. LaserMan

LaserMan Eugene, OR Active Member

Could just be the time of year. When I got mine a year ago I booked an appointment a day or two away and received my license in the mail about 3 days later. My wife got hers about 4 months ago and it was the same. It really only takes about 10 minutes for the picture, blood draw, hair sample, urine sample, etc., then you have to wait around for the anal probe...

Throckmorton and BoonDocks36 like this.
  3. razormanxx

razormanxx eugene Active Member

Can't you just walk in? I don't remember making an appointment. I just filled out the papers, went in back, got fingerprinted and was out within 10 minutes.

4. Dylan323i

Apperently not. According to their website I need an appointment. Which are apparently booked until June 2nd.

5. Dylan323i

6. nitetime

nitetime Springtucky Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

You are lucky you got the appointment system.. Before it was just go down and wait. And wait.. Now they get you thru pretty close to your appointment time..

7. Dylan323i

I don't know I think I'd rather go and wait for one entire day rather than wait 51 days to even be seen.

Throckmorton likes this.
  8. jc2000

jc2000 Eugene New Member

It's not June yet so I'll assume you're still waiting on that CHL appointment.

Try this, go in first thing in the morning, get on the waiting list which will be short. You get called in order of arrival.

Khalsa and BoonDocks36 like this.
  9. Khalsa

Khalsa Eugene Active Member

lane county
    Set appt July 4 for August 26, received chl permit in mailbox today 9/18
    8/26-9/18 24 days appointment to mailbox

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442613395.089122.jpg innit pretty [emoji173]️

Did you finally get yours?

Anyone waiting for their CCw in Oregon?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  10. boarder4life81

boarder4life81 Eugene, Oregon Active Member

Does this work? I just went online to book and they are showing nothing available until mid-May!:eek: I just need to do my re-newal that is up in February.

11. Dylan323i

Yes, just make sure to get there early as it does take a considerable amount of time!

boarder4life81 likes this.
  12. boarder4life81

Thanks! This is my first renewal and I had no idea that I needed to book an appointment 6 months in advance. WTH?!

13. ConcreteJungle

ConcreteJungle Eugene Well-Known Member

I remember a memo being sent out several months back saying to setup the appointment 5-6 months prior to the expiration of your current CHL because there is an increase in demand for CHL's.
    Glad i have plenty of time left on my CHL so i don't need to book an appointment yet.

14. Bgreig84

Bgreig84 Eugene New Member

I am in the same boat. Do we need to go in right when the sheriffs office opens, or get there just before 10am when they start CHL applications. Mine expired, didn't think it did till next year. Now I have to redo it as a new app. My appointment isnt till May.

15. ConcreteJungle

ConcreteJungle Eugene Well-Known Member

get there prior to them opening and make sure they know you have an appointment set otherwise you'll get shuffled around and be made to wait.

16. Oregonhunter5

Oregonhunter5 2C IDAHO Well-Known Member

I heard a few years back, that lane county had 13,000 Ccl holders. That's a fair amount considering the county demographics.

17. boarder4life81

Took care of it this morning. Super fast and easy as a walk-in. Show up at 8:50 and walk out at 9:20. Once they called me back the whole process took less then 7 minutes and that included waiting for the background check.

18. 808hondacrguy

808hondacrguy Eugene,OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

boarder4life81, did you just walk in with no appt? I have an appt for April 20, and I dont want to wait that long if I dont have to.

19. boarder4life81

Yes. I did book an appointment online (for mid-May), but I just got there early and asked to do a walk-in. I'm sure if I had to wait until later in the day the wait would have been longer, but as the old sayin' goes "Early bird...".

20. 808hondacrguy

808hondacrguy Eugene,OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Cool, thank you, will give it a try.