Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

landscaping with a little extra

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by xm193, Aug 18, 2011.

1. xm193

xm193 seatac Active Member

Suspected burglar shot by landscaper in Tacoma | KING5.com Seattle

TACOMA, Wash. -- A suspected burglar was shot Wednesday at a North End house after a confrontation with a landscaper who had shown up at the house, Tacoma police report.

The shooting occurred in the area of North 39th and Stevens streets. The landscaper arrived at the house to do a contract job when he noticed a strange vehicle parked in the driveway, said Tacoma police spokesman Sgt. Mark Fulghum.

The contractor called the homeowner, who confirmed no one else should be at the house. The homeowners then called 9-1-1.

The contractor blocked the suspect's vehicle in the driveway with his car. The suspect had already piled belongings from inside the house outside in the homeownersÂ’ driveway. When the suspect saw he was blocked in, he rammed the contractor's vehicle.

The contractor had a gun and fired a shot, hitting the burglar. The burglar ran down the street where Tacoma police found him two blocks away.

"The whole confrontation was just between the contractor and the burglar suspect," confirmed Sgt. Fulghum. No other people were involved.

The injured suspect has been taken to Tacoma General Hospital for treatment. The extent of his injuries was not immediately known

2. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

With any luck, the burglar will die either from his injuries or complications.

3. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

Nah, I'd prefer him to be live, be charged, convicted and serve his time...hopefully with a permanent limp or two..

4. Smoke It

Smoke It northwest New Member

Save the Tax payers alot of money if he dies JMO

Will_Power, Redcap, iusmc2002 and 3 others like this.
  5. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

landscaper shot burglar because he rammed blocked car or he was trying to attacking / run over landscaper?

Just curious.

6. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Because some people just need shooting!

7. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

I wonder if this landscaper would take a customer in Hillsboro. :)

8. ducksoup

ducksoup Auburn Member

I wonder how long before the burglar hires a lawyer and sues the landscaper for pain and suffering? With our screwed up court system you gotta' believe that's what will happen! Heck, he'll probably sue the homeowner too!!

9. Grommit327

Grommit327 Buckley Active Member

Landscaper needs to counter-sue for emotional destress due to the burglar attacking him with a deadly assault car.

10. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

He should double the amount if the car was black. Black cars are more evil.

11. oasis618

oasis618 Tacoma, Wa Active Member

How did I miss this right in my own neighborhood? Armed landscapers are rad.

12. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Bad year for burglars in Tacoma continues with Wednesday shooting

That guy Workman checked this one out. My dad lived near there many years ago, and it's one of those quiet, button-down neighborhoods.
    It's nice to know that landscape contractors in T-Town still pack hardware and haven't forgotten how to shoot.

I'm waiting for a call back from the police to find out what kind of gun the good guy had.

Bad year for burglars in Tacoma continues with Wednesday shooting - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

13. ducksoup

ducksoup Auburn Member

I grew up on 35th and Mullen, only 6 blocks away. Always a very quiet, middle class neighborhood. It was a great place to raise a family.

14. marty8587

marty8587 NE Portland Active Member

I hope all goes well for this great landscaper!!

15. noyolk

noyolk pdx Member

Also if it had a fuel tank larger than 10 gallons. Nobody needs more than 10 gallons, I once had a suburban with 40 gallons of diesel and had the capability of running over all the landscapers in the whole city!