JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, we just received THE LAST :)mad:) bill from Comcast. They have lost their ever-loving mind if they think we are paying those prices any more. We are also absolutely tired of playing "the game" with them every 2 years too. We're done. We're out!

Unfortunately their internet is the only thing that will tie us together. :( Other than that, the TV and phone are gone.

We have the TV part figured out and will be taking appropriate steps.

We are trying to find a landline phone provider in the Vancouver area. We did a Google search and unfortunately came up with 2 providers. Century Link and Comcast.

Comcast is out as we are fed up with them, plus we refuse to "rent" their equipment just to get phone service.

So..... anyone else have Century Link? I know their reputation regarding internet providing, but what about their phone service? We also not happy with the [roughly] $50 per month they want to charge for landline service. :mad:

Are there other companies that provide landline phone service, for a reasonable price, in Vancouver? And yes, we do need a landline phone.

Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Nope, your stuck with those 2 providers.

If your getting internet then you can look into VOIP setups.

Let's you set up a landline using your computer and I want to say last I looked it was $10 or less a month.

I got fed up with comicast just like you. $185 a month just wasn't going to fly with me.:mad: Century came in and hooked up the phone and I had a scratchy sound. They had a crew come out and ran new lines to the house ,no charge and cured the problem. For the few months Ive had them the service has been good. The internet is a bit slower than commi because its phone line not cable. Phone and int is $85 month. No contract.

I got fed up with comicast just like you. $185 a month just wasn't going to fly with me.:mad: Century came in and hooked up the phone and I had a scratchy sound. They had a crew come out and ran new lines to the house ,no charge and cured the problem. For the few months Ive had them the service has been good. The internet is a bit slower than commi because its phone line not cable. Phone and int is $85 month. No contract.

Yeah, our Comcast went from $185 to $235! Some sort of BS about "....fees have increased so they must raise their rates too...."

Thanks for the input regarding Century. :s0155:

Nope, your stuck with those 2 providers.

If your getting internet then you can look into VOIP setups.

Let's you set up a landline using your computer and I want to say last I looked it was $10 or less a month.

VOIP.....hmmmm..... that might be an option too. Thanks!

Why not use a cell phone instead of a landline (whether one of your current ones or a new dedicated one)? It's what we did when we dropped Comcast phone service a few years ago.

We live in an area that has horrible cell reception. We have to walk out in our front yard just to make a 1/2 way decent call, and still hope that the call doesn't get dropped. A real good signal requires us standing at the edge of the street, or in the middle of the road. (believe it or not there are still areas like that in areas around WSUV o_O).

If circumstances were different, we would definitely drop the landline too.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top