JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hi everyone,

Any of you ever use Lancer AR mags? Good or Bad?

Any feedback appreciated before I shell out some cash on some. Thanks.

A big yea , I have 11 of them and they are excellent, like them much better than my pmags.

They are as strong as a pmag and feed as good as any good mag. They can be left loaded and it doesn't matter on temperature the spring wont push shells through the metal feed lips.......Pmag/GI mag hybrid, when I have dropped a full mag a couple times they always loose no more then two rounds

I have had good luck with them, and they all get treated rough , I load them all with 5 rounds and do barrier shooting drills so I can practice fast reloads as they run empty . They all have gotten thrown from the mag well a bunch of times and never a problem yet......

There is also tango down/TSD mags.
Essentially the same as the lancer, and for sale @14.99 at TSD.

Both are great mags.
I haven't seen a Tango Down with steel feed lips yet, can you point me to those ?.......the steel feed lips are what set the Lancer apart.

The Tango I used came apart in the middle as well, totally different than the Lancer, if they changed them I am interested.

I haven't seen a Tango Down with steel feed lips yet, can you point me to those ?.......the steel feed lips are what set the Lancer apart.

The Tango I used came apart in the middle as well, totally different than the Lancer, if they changed them I am interested.
Nope you are 100% correct. I was under the impression that tango down was a subcontractor for the TSD magazines. If not its just TSD.

Either way. tsd mags are the same as lancer.

Thanks guys, my LGS has Lancers on sale every now and then for a lot cheaper than a PMag so I've been wondering. My wife's Colt is a little finicky with certain mags and I hate throwing money down the drain....

Thanks guys, my LGS has Lancers on sale every now and then for a lot cheaper than a PMag so I've been wondering. My wife's Colt is a little finicky with certain mags and I hate throwing money down the drain....

howdy, As I was shooting my reloaded 77gr hpbt yesterday I realized I forgot to mention they are a little more forgiving in COAL then any other AR mag I have tried yet if you like long heavy projo's

I like them better than p-mags, they go in and come out the mag well better.

But they generally cost more than p-mags, If you can buy them cheaper than p-mags do it. I had a bunch of p-mags before I found Lancers, either way they all seem to work.

Hell yes! I like Lancer, then Troy, then Fagpul.

I don't dislike Magpul but come on fanboys, oh I just want them because thats what I see so and so using. There using them because there paid to, or there free. Same with Flocks, ehh.

I don't dislike Magpul but come on fanboys, oh I just want them because thats what I see so and so using. There using them because there paid to, or there free. Same with Flocks, ehh.

I remember a few years ago at SHOT, I wanted to stop by the magpul booth to see what they had... the whole thing was surrounded with about 200 of these little asian airsoft kids (most looked to be about 17-20) I couldn't figure out wtf they came from. Either way, I couldn't get close enough to the booth to see anything for the whole show. This is certainly one of my least favorite things about magpul.

But anyways, yea, the lancer is a nice mag, I don't have any personally because my favorites are the C-Products stainless steel mags (of which I have TONS of). I do have about 10 magpul mags I use strictly for run and gun type indoor matches, where every time you drop a mag it always lands feedlips first on the concrete and then gets stepped on. My buddy uses the lancers for the same competition style, and on more than one occasion I've borrowed his.

If you're willing to spend the coin, I don't think you're going wrong, for the moment at least, I can't really find any good reason to drop my all metal mags, but I definitely think the lancer is an order of magnitude better than the P-mag (I don't like the pmag... it's bulky, heavy, and seems to get way more credit than it actually deserves).

I got a 20 round Lancer mag to try. So fa I am very pleased. I like the clear color, as it is easy to see what is in the magazine. I also really like the metal feed lips.

I got a 20 round Lancer mag to try. So fa I am very pleased. I like the clear color, as it is easy to see what is in the magazine. I also really like the metal feed lips.

I have few 20 round Lancer mags as well. They are curved where the 20 round NHMTG ones are straight. Both function fine.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top