JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reloading isn't about saving money, it's about being able to shot what you want, when you want to - and, if you get it right, being better than any factory ammo produced (for your gun) ;)

I agree. Saw a statement once that handloading is what you describe (striving for better and better rounds). Reloading is just making rounds to shoot. I do both.

Also, have to love people who don't reload...especially when they leave their brass behind!

"I'm running out of places to store all of my hand loads."

Not funny, it's a real problem. Bought extra ammo cans. Now no more room in the cabinet.:confused:

Bugger...I've got to shoot more.:mad:

Jack...:cool:

COAL of 2.998? Did you mean 2.798? Anyway, glad you found that load! I have three myself, but can't get Benchmark (or Varget, to save my life!) to work at all!

How true! I recently came up with an outstanding recipe for my .308 that out performs dozens of other previous recipes. This cartridge cannot be purchased. Try finding this one on the shelf - Nosler brass trimmed to 2.005, 42.6 grains Benchmark, 178 Grain A-Max with a BC of .495 seated .018 off the rifling - for a COL of 2.998. MV ~ 2,650 +/- 20 fps using a 22.5 inch barrel.
This load delivers awesome performance out past 500 yards, even in a crosswind. Loads really need to be tuned to the specific rifle/barrel length & thickness/receiver/freebore/ and intended shooting environment, to name a few.

Yep, you heard right! With 168gr SMKs I CAN'T get VARGET, Benchmark, or BL-C2 to produce anything resembling acceptable.

Pet loads in 4064, 202, RL15, 8208, & TAC - with TAC & 15 producing exceptional results.

Did you say you could not get Benchmark or Varget to work for you? Did I hear that right? I have had good results with 4064 & BL-C2 also. What are you currently charging with?

There a also a lot of people who are simply not 'wired' for the hobby of reloading. Lets face it - reloading is repetitive and procedural and requires dedicated concentration for a certain period of time and we all know people who cannot mentally orient themselves to it.
That's me. I don't have the attention span for it and would be day dreaming before long. Not exactly safe :)

Oh it is surely about cost for me. But you have to compare equal things.

You can not compare Wolf .223 to my target loads for price. I needed a case of "target" loads for my AR this spring for a trip I had planned but never made. Best price I could find for a case of "comparable" ammo was about $800. I really considered it, but when I can make the same case for about $250 I can not buy it. It was worth my time.

.50 AE. Loaded rounds cost $2.50/rd or more. I can load for $0.27/rd or about 10% of factory loaded.

Sure if you are just buying a case of plinking ammo it will only be a little more cost to buy it. I can't recall the last time I loaded any plinking .223 or 9mm, I just buy.

XBR pushing a SMK is just behind TAC in my rifle. Think "slow" ;)

15 shines out at 750 :)

My brother has the exact same setup as I do, shoots the same pills, and his recipe (which I load) is N540 - @ 2450fps. Really nice groups at 400 :)

Just when I thought I had arrived, You school me about 8208! I read about it, and the claims are impressive. Thank's for the tip - I will try some.

There a also a lot of people who are simply not 'wired' for the hobby of reloading. Lets face it - reloading is repetitive and procedural and requires dedicated concentration for a certain period of time and we all know people who cannot mentally orient themselves to it.
This would be me,hence why I sold my press.
Y'all ain't special or anything because you reload.You just have different interests than the rest of us.
Doesn't need to be an excuse for not reloading
Far as I checked it was still a free country.

Less than a special reloader
Mike

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews