JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
that was in stock. She paid in full. They processed the background check and found a 1984 cannabis possession non-felony charge from her college days. The Texas 1984 fine was paid, but the Texas county clerk can not find the disposition of the cannibis case. So, now 4 weeks later, that rifle company has refused to provide her with the hand gun and will not refund her near $600. Any ideas on how to solve this problem. She would like to have the handgun or the money back. She paid with a credit card. Ideas??? Thanks. She was dealing with the rifle dealer on main street in Tigard. Seems odd. Suggestions.

Put a claim in with her credit card company, the claim is related to not receiving goods/products that she purchased. The credit card company will do a charge back on her credit card and will take the money back from the gun store.

Then tell her not to buy anything from any shop until that all clears up in her background from Texas. Stuff like that happens literally all the time for dumb things we did back in the day.

Did the OSP delay her, or deny her application?

Since they are not giving her the gun or the money back, its probably a delay, because if it was a denial, they would be giving her money back since she cannot own/buy the firearm.

Delays, OSP gives some projected date to buy OSP time to research what came up in the purchaser's background check. That date is subjective as heck because some of the places they try and contact do not get back to them in any timely manner.

A delay from OSP is generally around 35 days long.
They can extend a delay when it expires because the county seat courthouse in Texas hasn't responded to their info request in regards to her prior misdemeanor.
Some FFL's will release a firearm after 5 days past the OSP's deadline that wasn't extended. Not many will.
Tigard Pawn 4 More is the only one I know of that will honor your 2nd Amendment rights.

BUT, But, but.....isn't a BGC suppose to prevent "bad people" from getting guns?

Rrrright.......please define "bad people".

Aloha, Mark

Something else to think about, with the Rona delays now stretching DAYS into WEEKS, a delay might be even longer! OSP should be able to say, but you would have to have her call them to find out!

As above, contact the bank that issued the credit card. Other than that...
1. BBB.
2. State Professional Business Licensing Dept.
3. For less than $100, she can file a civil claim in local district court and have him served with papers.

I have found that dealer to be a good guy. As stated above the Texas issue will follow her around until she resolves it. Its a deal killer on the 4473. Has the OP gone back in with his friend to gain more information as to what the retailer has been told by OSP? No doubt, she is in a squeeze. Something is amiss. Pretty sure the retailer could retake possession through some process. Missing some info here.

Can someone explain to me the reason a business would keep someones money after NOT providing service/product?

Can someone explain to me the reason a business would keep someones money after NOT providing service/product?
I suspect there is a delay and the shop doesn't want to lose the sale. Since it's not a denial the store is not required to do a refund.

Why all the negative vibes toward the store and suggestions that the buyer go to the CC company or BBB etc.? If it's a delay the store is following correct procedure by holding both the funds and the gun.

Once the BGC comes back ... yea or may... then she will get either her firearm or her cash.

It's not the store's fault she has a problem with the law that she gas never adequately cleared, regardless of how minor or distant the infraction may be. That's totally on her.

The store shouldn't suffer the loss of a sale for a BGC glitch and is right to hold everything in stasis until the check is completed.

As earlier stated, she need to get on top of this and clear it up. Yes I know it's a pain, mostly a governmental screw up ... yadda yadda yadda. It's life, so fix it and move on, these things happen to everyone at some time or another. Just ask me about the $1900 I had to pay Milwaukee to clear a speeding ticket they admitted was entered into the system in error ... but I digress.

It's not the store's fault she has a problem with the law that she gas never adequately cleared, regardless of how minor or distant the infraction may be. That's totally on her.

I don't know how person that had some little thing happen to her 30 years prior is at fault for not clearing this up previously? Wifey went through something similar on her FIRST gun purchase. Your supposed to do the foot work and clear this up on your own? Well, in the wife's case there was no record of it after spending the time in the bowels of the courthouse down town with a friendly helpful clerk. I don't remember exactly how it was solved? I think that OSP finally came to the conclusion that if she'd done anything truly heinous that there'd be a "trail" to records, and there wasn't. She got the okee-dokey from OSP a month later and picked up her gun.

I'll say, if this is a "Delay", after a MONTH give her her money back if she wants it. The state background check system has failed this person.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top