JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Vancouver Rifle and pistol club in orchards,wa is having a 2 day ,ladies only training class.Non-members welcome. ONLY TWENTY BUCKS,total.

here is the link to the information.
also,VRPC is actively seeking members. it's a good place to get in some trigger time without driving forever to 'find a place'.

<broken link removed>

Hi Throck,

Thanks for the link! I already have my NRA Basic Pistol Certificate but have been looking for more instruction, and the idea of a women centered class is intriguing. The cost for the classes is staggeringly cheap ($20!). Do you need to be a member of VRPC to take this class?

-- Lia

I just talked with Allen Campbell and got some more info:

* You do NOT need to be a member of the club to attend the classes

* Class size will be around 20

* There will be multiple instructors (including women) on hand

* The class is equivalent to a NRA First Steps Pistol Course

* And it is being offered at the amazing price of $20 (gun rental and ammo included)

I plan on attending. I hope to see you there!

Note: Although not mentioned on the official flier, if you want to attend, I highly suggest you bring a baseball hat. Flying cartridges to the head are not fun.

hot fluying brass down the blouse is kind of 'exciting' as well,hats are a good idea.
after the classes,I'm told that the ladies will be offered specail nights to try out our IPSC course and our cowboy action practice night,as well as some others,to further their interest in shooting.
the guns and ammo will be availalble for trying out,and I don't theres any cost involved,futher details will be forthcoming at the ladies classes.

Quick recap for those that might be interested in the next class (September, I think).

About 20 women showed up each night, range of ages, average being early 30s. About 2 hours of classroom time each night, a ten minute break and then live fire until 9:30pm. The first night was revolvers. There were at least 15 different kinds to choose from. We were taught to load and unload them with dummy rounds. And then practiced this skill in small groups. We donned eyes and ears (safety glasses and ear protection) and headed in to the range. The guns chosen for live fire were lined up from smallest caliber (.22) to largest (.35 I think).

First time shooters were asked to start at the lowest gun and work their way up. There was an instructor with each gun who helped with loading and unloading if necessary. The second night we learned about semi-autos, practiced loading and unloading an array of them (30 or so), then donned eyes and ears and again lined up behind the firing line where about 10 guns were ready for us. One even had a silencer.

Everyone was extremely safe, and it was a joy to see the smiles of the faces of the first time shooters when they turned around after having shot. The class was an amazing deal for only $20 and I thank the instructors for their time.

If I was trying to choose a personal gun from this class, I think the wide array would have been way too overwhelming. And the time with each gun way too short. They recommended some local gun stores, but I also wish they would have mentioned renting a gun and trying it on the range for a longer period of time before purchasing.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top