JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't know enough of the specifics to contend any points, however, I've long understood any person who is involuntarily hospitalized for mental instability to lose firearms rights. Hence the importance of a person to voluntarily hospitalize themselves when needing mental health support.
Incorrect in Oregon at least. You have to be committed which is a very specific legal process. You can under certain conditions lose firearms rights if you were hospitalized voluntarily. It's a lot different than people think.

And if you think your counties are actually reporting this with anything like regularity, then that would be an error. I have been informed that since there is not a penalty for failing to accurately get this info where a background check could find it, it is rarely done.

Do you think that my Dr. (Providence Medical Group) is ready to pounce? Ready to relieve me of my Gun Rights?

Today, I went to my doctor to see about some "ringing in my left ear" that I'd been having for the last two weeks. I did inform the Dr. that I had been shooting some days before the ringing. But, I added that I did use hearing protection. More or less the examination was completed. Then, there were these final last two questions?

Within the last 2 weeks....
Was I/Had I been feeling depressed?
and
Was I having feelings/signs of suicide or suicidal thoughts?

LOL......RED FLAG, Red Flag, red flag.

Aloha, Mark

Last time I was in was for my yearly + cortisone injection in my shoulder. They handed me a form that was erasable, with those questions on it. In other words I believe that means when you hand it back they log the answers and erase the paper. Or? They don't log anything unless you put down the answers they believe they SHOULD "Log"

Last time I was in was for my yearly + cortisone injection in my shoulder. They handed me a form that was erasable, with those questions on it. In other words I believe that means when you hand it back they log the answers and erase the paper. Or? They don't log anything unless you put down the answers they believe they SHOULD "Log"

Or they could erase your answers and insert whatever they want.

emotional-support-pistol.jpg

And the good thing is.... It won't eat up my food. Nor, S#@* on the carpet.
But....I still haven't been able to convince the Airlines (and TSA) of it's status. What's up with that?

Aloha, Mark

2 Sep 2019
Fox News
2 Sep 2019
Fox News
A former Marine who said at a protest that he would "slaughter" Antifa members in self-defense, if attacked, recently had his five weapons confiscated by the FBI, according to reports.

The temporary seizure came through the use of Oregon's "red flag" law, which allows law enforcement agencies and family members to seek a court order to have weapons taken away from an individual viewed as potentially violent. Such laws are often opposed by supporters of Second Amendment gun rights

follow up

Karl Denninger opines on gun control, at Market Ticker
We allegedly have a 2nd Amendment which states The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. There are literally thousands of gun laws on the books that prevent keeping and bearing of certain arms in certain places by certain persons, criminalizing mere possession of certain common firearms. Every one of those laws is flatly unconstitutional and yet the government not only won't remove them it keeps adding to them.
The latest are "Red Flag" laws—one of which the government just used to steal guns from a man who said if Antifa attacked him he would resist using deadly force. Resisting someone trying to kill you is a basic, pre-political right. The FBI just took all of his guns—not for a threat of initiating violence but for stating in public that he would defend himself if attacked. He was not charged with a crime because he didn't commit one, I note.

Last edited by a moderator:
J. Edgar would be proud. This is why I dumped farcebook awhile back.
True. Though my "live hard and die young" plan hasn't totally panned out yet as I'm just past the 40 mark. Still it is the "framework" I'm working in.
That's what I thought too! Past 50 and heading to the top of the hill...the view's great up here!

The Fed Govt wants your support of the, "TAPS ACT". How they gonna do it? Simple : Offer training and money to local PDs. You know....help with catching criminals before they act. Didn't someone already mention the "thought police?"

Aloha, Mark

PS....remember, that the NRA is considered to be a Terro Organization by S.F. So, will they consider ALL members as terrorist and subject YOU (as a member) to surveillance? Oh....but thats only the dingbats from S.F........

Really?

32% of Dems Support 'Terrorist' Label for NRA, 28% Believe in Criminalizing Membership
read more here: https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/32-of-dems-support-'terrorist'-label-for-nra-28-believe-in-criminalizing-membership.308205/

Last Edited:
San Francisco ontact info in case you want to tell them what you think about their stance on the NRA: Contacts for the Office of the Clerk of the Board | Board of Supervisors

I told them that they offended over 5,000,000 people, or about 1.6% of the US population, which includes myself.
I let them know that I was not going to spend a dime in their city so long as this resolution was in effect, neither for business or personal travel. Also that I expected an apology.

No response - go figure.

San Francisco ontact info in case you want to tell them what you think about their stance on the NRA: Contacts for the Office of the Clerk of the Board | Board of Supervisors

I told them that they offended over 5,000,000 people, or about 1.6% of the US population, which includes myself.
I let them know that I was not going to spend a dime in their city so long as this resolution was in effect, neither for business or personal travel. Also that I expected an apology.

No response - go figure.
I guess they prefer the turds on the sidewalks (and all that implies) to people of normal states of mind coming to a once gem of our country to see what's left of said beauty. It's should be a crime how California has been DESTROYED.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top