JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Researching into ladder rail covers, and I don't have a clue without hands on.
What do you think is best for someone that had their hand (palm) carved on, and why?

A rubber type cushioning is what I think I'm after.
Above the rail? Flush with the tops of the rail?

All the feedback I can get will make my purchase easier.
Thanks

Ladder rails only make for a slimmer grip than other rail covers while still protecting the rails. They don't do much for cushion or protecting your hand from heat.

True but, but, but where will the lazer, light, IR , vertical forgrip, folding tripod and side scope go????
On a keymod rail with the shoulder thing that goes up.

For post-surgery hands, you may find Magpul XT rail covers more comfortable.
MAG012%20Black-3.jpg
They look gritty but I've been told they're not abrasive.

Sorry fellas. I should have said I'm running a vtac/mloc. The longitudinal lines (for me) are bothersome. For that I have the Troy Mloc squid grips on the way.
The top rail is LT index clips. <--They need to go away for something more comfortable

Magpul also has mlok rail covers.

M-LOK® Rail Cover, Type 2

Could probably find cheaper elsewhere.

As for top rail, a ladder rail cover will work but you'll still feel vertical lines. And they aren't very soft either, but they won't stick out so much (which would be worse IMO).
The mloc portion is taken care of. I hope. Now I need something for the top picatinny. ETA, I'm not sure what to get that will suit my needs

Appreciate your response.

I considered that. At this point of post surgery, wearing gloves is not an option due to sensitivity. Down the road, maybe. I haven fired my rifles for the past 11 months. Today, I shot one 5 rounds...lol. My hands need TLC yet

Right. Tomorrow night I'll go feel some of the ladder rail covers I have to make sure they aren't too bad. I don't want to lead you into something that won't really solve the issue.

Hope your hand gets better.

Thanks for that. I'll watch for your response. I'm near 13 months post surgery. Not quite to the point I sear my hand on the wood stove to grow the callouses back. Ouch!

I've got some UTG's on one of my ARs, and I'm on the fence about them. They make the grip so much larger. I've shot with them on once and will go a couple more times to see if I'll keep it that way or swap the quad rail for something else.

Duct tape can be quite abrasive... But better than some rail covers I've held.

swap the quad rail for something else.
Going to keymod or m-lok helps, but only if you're not the type of person to hang useless stuff on it. An example of useless stuff? Getting a rail piece just to have a rail cover that has words or other decal on it. Cool, yes. Useful, hell no.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top