JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not it! My rails are "top" only until needs force change. At that point, (if not ML/KM) I add small, low-profile short rails as necessary and/or fasten direct.

A rubber type cushioning is what I think I'm after.
I think the cushioning would be nice but since I went with a hard plastic Magpul rail cover it hasn't bothered me at all the grip texture is nice. The only problem I have is it adds girth to an already wide quad rail, you have to buy enough of them to cover all three rails (I didnt do the top rail, no reason...). I agree the slimmer handguards look nicer.. (ultimately what I will upgrade to) but after demoing my friends AR last weekend in the cold it was much nicer to hold mine with the plastic rail covers insulating. Probably not that important come summer.

XTM® Enhanced Rail Panels

noImage.png

Sorry for the late reply.

I put the rail covers on both my .308 and my AR. It is significantly better, and its easy to not feel the ladders under normal circumstances. You might still feel them but they will be better than a rail, and a rail cover that sticks out too much on the sides. There isn't much cushion to it though.

If they're not comfortable enough, I'm not sure if there'd be another alternative that also won't stick out too much.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top