JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd see if this wouldn't work.. especially if that rifle is grooved.
Accessories - Open/target sights - PyramydAir.com
http://cdn.pyramydair.com/images/acc/PY-A-2003_Williams-Diopter-Sight_1472590140.jpg
And in my book, peep, receiver, diopter, aperture sights are all the same as they all have a round hole in them.
anyway, good luck

I've looked at that Williams before - not a bad price. I wonder though if you need a matching front sight? Seems they imply not all front sights will be able to work with that one - I'm assuming due to the height of that sight - may not match the height of the existing front sight?

I don't think of them having issues, I just have a preference for a barrel staying in place.

Yeah, the only people who say they aren't better are probably folk who are stuck with a notch and blade. :D Its all preference for some. I can use either but there's no denying that peep sights allow for more precision with much more ease.

Hatsan Torpedo 100X Vortex Underlever Air Rifle Pellet Walnut Stock
If I get something like this, what do I need to do to getting a peep sight installed? What I mean is do I just put one on, do I need a taller front sight, etc?

Can't answer about the sight, but I can say I do like the Hatsan guns I've owned. I still have a break-barrel model in .22ca - it's a hard-hitting gun. I do like that underlever model you linked though, might be something to consider down the road.

I know you're trying to avoid a break-barrel, but I own one of these - and bought one for my FIL, who uses it to dispatch squirrels and other varmints - works really well - just ditch the cheasy scope they insist on including the FO sight they include works just fine - good price on this one too:

Crosman Optimus Breakbarrel Air Rifle Combo. Air rifles

Can't answer about the sight, but I can say I do like the Hatsan guns I've owned. I still have a break-barrel model in .22ca - it's a hard-hitting gun. I do like that underlever model you linked though, might be something to consider down the road.

I know you're trying to avoid a break-barrel, but I own one of these - and bought one for my FIL, who uses it to dispatch squirrels and other varmints - works really well - just ditch the cheasy scope they insist on including the FO sight they include works just fine - good price on this one too:

Crosman Optimus Breakbarrel Air Rifle Combo. Air rifles
I was also thinking of going nitro piston since those are less sensitive to weather.

How about this set up.
pellet 001.JPG pellet 002.JPG pellet 003.JPG

I ended up getting a used RWS Model 48 off an auction.

Just gonna put a rear aperture on the weaver rail and see if I can knock out the notch rear sight.

Peep sights are nice. I have a Williams peep on my Benjamin 392 (.22). I can pick off small (1"-2") pine cones setup on a saw horse 30-40 feet out. It even put a hole in a 5 gallon bucket at 70'ish feet away, didn't think it would have enough power for that, now the bucket has a piece of duct tape on it LOL! Anyway, it really likes the basic Crosman 14.3gr wadcutter. It's only rated at 685 fps, but I would think it's plenty for the smaller redish squirrels we have around here.

So I have been looking into switching my stock Marlin 336 sights over to some sort of aperture / peep sight. Should I go with a receiver mounted or tang mounted rear sight? Also which is more accurate? Post or bead for the front post? Thank yall in advance

So I have been looking into switching my stock Marlin 336 sights over to some sort of aperture / peep sight. Should I go with a receiver mounted or tang mounted rear sight? Also which is more accurate? Post or bead for the front post? Thank yall in advance

You might be able to use a tang sight, not sure how the screws will line up or if you will need to drill a hole and tap. I really like my receiver peep sights, very durable and kind of set them and forget them once you dial in your ammo and distances. As far as accuracy, both will give you a longer sight radius and should improve your accuracy if you do your part. Though tang sights generally are easier to adjust for distances and ammo changes. At least that is my understanding of them. And, they do have a very nice traditional style to them. I have never used them unfortunately.

Post or bead is up to you, my Winchester 30-30 has a post with a white line up the middle ---- from XS Ghost Sights with their corresponding receiver peep/aperture. My Marlin 39A .22 has a Skinner receiver peep/aperture with the factory bead front site.

If you need to file down a front sight, a post will be the easiest to file down if necessary ...... bead front sight, not so much.

Hope that helps you, best of luck.:s0155::s0155:

I believe the Lyman #2 Tang Sight will work on most Marlin Lever Guns. Haven't installed one in a while but I think that's the right number. Another Brownells item.:):):)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top