JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This started out as a request for options to buying a quality larger EDC pack that would comfortably hold my EDC junk plus all of my work stuff for less then $160.

I was referred to lapolicegear.com and I was impressed with their pricing and free shipping over $60.

After a lot of personal back and forth between their 3 day pack and their Operators pack I decided the Operators pack ultimately had the side pockets that if I bought separately and attached to the 3 day pack with the molle points it would be more expensive then the Operators pack.

The 3 day is more of a stuff it Bag like my hunting pack with large compartments that you have to empty to get to the bottom contents.

The Operators pack opens up more like a suitcase in the back large compartment (and has many straps to keep your gear in place).

I was able to get my EDC gear into it with loads of room to spare so adding my work stuff will be very easy. (Of course the bigger the bag the more I seem to "need" lol)

Now I'll be honest, between my Badlands super day pack at $160 vs the Operator pack for $50 there is a much better fit and finish on my Badlands pack but for $110 cheaper the operator pack is very practical for everyday carry and seems pretty durable so far. Plus it's just black (comes in a couple colors) and not realtree camo.

I'm sure I'll rearrange as well as add and subtract gear as I find I am using it or not but so far I'm happy with the amount of room and organization the pack has.

Link to their video:

They also sell 5.11, Maxpedition and some other name brand stuff at very reasonable prices.

Looks like a good pack. Just ordered one.

Awesome. I'm pretty sure it was your recommendation I go look there to start with:cool:

I'm happy with mine.

Forgot that the waste strap is actually removable - I wouldn't use it 99% of the time so they are always in the way.

Took mine off and folded it up into a ziplock and stashed it in one of the many pockets the thing has in case I'm walking home with the thing.

I always seem to dither on assembly of an actual BoB; while I have all those goodies on hand, never get IN a singular pack.

Won a nifty Glock mid-size pack with hydration compartment & several excellent separated sections, plus a velcro-attached holster in separate zipper section, etc etc. Exciting design, similar size to operator pack above. Has very similar features & meshies etc. Awesome organizational choices.

Used it for range bag, truck bag, home stand-in-the-corner bag....just never seems to be part of daily routine though.

Putting all that good stuff in a little bag & carrying it around just seems a little jiggy despite my belief it could be essential gear needed in a hurry.

UPDATE:

So far i love the operator backpack!;)

It may not be for everyone but it is fantastic for me.:cool:

It comes with a large padded waist belt that comes off - I folded it up and put it in one of the many zippered pockets it has. I usually just sling one strap over a shoulder as I don't take it on long walks but it is still comfortable as a backpack the couple of times I've needed an extra hand and used both straps. And I can always put the strap back on if I'm going to be walking home for some reason.

There are a lot of zippered compartments but I learned where my stuff was pretty fast. It makes it very convenient for urban EDC.

I did add a Swiss army organizer bag with personal hygiene and some other stuff in it (more pockets and easy to grab out of the large compartment).

I also added a slightly smaller Swiss army organizer I stuffed full of first aid supplies.

I wasn't sure why it had handles on the side of the bag as well as one on top, until I got in with it on the drivers side of my car and wanted it in the front passenger seat - then the side handle was super useful getting it over there without slamming into anything.

Plenty of molle if you want it.

I would call it a large medium pack - bigger then large school bags you see at target or wherever but not enourmous either.

This could easily be a hunting pack as well but I would take my Badlands pack over this one just because it is designed for hunting.

There is no specific place for a pistol but the options are endless.

I even carried a bunch of loose papers in the water bladder pouch that zips from the outside and it fit them perfectly and did not damage them at all.

I would give this pack a 9 or 10 out of ten for urban carry or a get home bag.

It goes with me just about everywhere I go.:)

+1 on LA Police Gear Joe.
I bought a 3 day pack from them a couple of years ago.
It held up so well, I bought one for my son to use as his school bag (he'd gone through a pack every 2-3 months prior to this one).
He's now had it for 3 years, and it's going strong.

I use mine for my GHB, but recently re-purposed it to practice for an upcoming "Pack Test" for a Wildland Fire "Red Card". I put 45 lbs of Kitty Litter inside of several plastic bags in it, and have done the requisite 3 miles in 45 minutes with 45 lbs. The pack has held up to the weight just fine, and is pretty comfortable with the chest and waist straps engaged.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top