JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had a feeling we would have a colder than normal winter with snow...

NOAA's Climate Prediction Center reports that much of the Pacific Northwest is forecast to see above-average amounts of rain and snow, and colder-than-average winter temperatures.

Good. Im hoping it plays out and we actually get some powder skiing in this winter. Plus, we just simply need it...

"According to the report, the predicted increase in precipitation and drop in temperatures is tied to the La Niña weather pattern, which has a 76% chance of persisting through February. Odds of La Niña weather dissipate as the region nears the spring of 2023."

Predictions like this always make me laugh. There are only 2 possible outcomes - either the pattern persists through a certain date or it doesn't. Therefore, the probability is 50%. Odds are for bookies, not statisticians.

The cold is already cutting into my firewood stash. It has warmed up a little, but I see more cold days in the near term, possibly a little snow.
supposedly the snow level will be lowering early next week.
it doesnt snow like it did when I was a kid, but sometimes we get a good year now and then... hoping this is one of them. I miss powder skiing.

Dang, and I was all set on protesting downtown about global warming, and how we need to eliminate carbon intensive industries like dairy. :rolleyes:

As Dylan once sang :
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows... :D
Andy
Wasn't he referring to a bunch of punks in Ann Arbor?

edit - I see they took their name from his line, from Subterranean Homesick Blues.
Funny, in the video, the dude in the back left, dressed like a Rabbi, looks like AG.

Last Edited:
Hopefully cold weather won't stop the CC pushers from monitoring all of our carbon usage and imposing global taxes on the 99.9%.

Strange as it may seem, there is a teenager out there who believes your government should tax you into poverty to stop the sun from being hot. - Andrew Tate

Having often experienced CLS I understand how bothersome the present weather conditions are to many.

And yet these same people are likely to be those who misunderstood what Chicken Little was often alluding to thus dismissing him as crazy rather than heeding his warnings.

It should be obvious now how devastating CLS can be without proper planning and preparation.

CLS ^ Chicken Little Syndrome

FYI very common affliction in the PNW.

We get plenty of rain............

100_1136.jpg 003.JPG 100_0807.jpg 004.JPG 100_1131.jpg mime-attachment1616.jpg 599313_518250394883250_2066384631_n.png

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top