JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I understand why the LA cops would be mad and tense after losing a couple of their own overnight, but then to go out randomly shooting at any vehicle that matches the description of the one driven by the bad guy?

Women delivering newspapers in Torrance shot in manhunt for ex-cop - latimes.com

No, I'm not exaggerating. The LA cops shot up two different Toyota Titans this morning for no reason whatsoever except that they looked like the bad guy's ride. Seriously, when did LA become part of Mexico or Argentina or Brazil? What's next, "death squads?"

The only good news is that the cops are such miserable marksmen that only two of the three occupants of the vehicles were injured, and nobody was killed. This despite the description of the Titans as "riddled with bullet holes."

i didn't know toyota makes titans. i thought it was NISSAN. hmmmmmm........

at any rate, i'm glad i don't live down there and i'm even more happy i no longer drive long haul. i'd hate to be down there while a huge manhunt is going on.

I guess these days all an officer has to do is "believe" in something and they can legally start shooting.

I think something is wrong with that....

I am glad the newspaper deliverers were not killed. I hope the cops that shot them loose there jobs, they want but I can hope.

Nissan makes the Titan; that's a Toyota Tacoma in the picture. Other than both being pickups, they aren't even close - different make, different model, different size vehicle. Which, in some ways, makes this situation even scarier.

Sorry about the truck ID - I'm totally ignorant.
These "incidents" seem to happen more often in LA than anywhere else in the US; I read that their district pays out larger civil judgments than any other, even when correcting for its size.

Meanwhile, out in LA County they've fingered another bunch of rogue deputies:
L.A. County Sheriff's Department intends to fire seven deputies - latimes.com
These not-so-magnificent seven had become an awful lot like the gang cliques that they were going after.

WOW This is scary stuff! I seriously hope they dont get away with this. I think I smell a lawsuit..... Seriously they should get millions for this too this is soo ridiculous what if kids were in these vehicles instead? So they can just go John Wayne on any one that resembles a suspects vehicle WTF has this world come too cant even trust the cops their just out for blood.....

Sorry about the truck ID - I'm totally ignorant.
These "incidents" seem to happen more often in LA than anywhere else in the US; I read that their district pays out larger civil judgments than any other, even when correcting for its size.

Meanwhile, out in LA County they've fingered another bunch of rogue deputies:
L.A. County Sheriff's Department intends to fire seven deputies - latimes.com
These not-so-magnificent seven had become an awful lot like the gang cliques that they were going after.

not blaming hollywood or anything, but with shows like the shield (which is one of my favorite all-time shows), lots of would-be, former, and current cops probably think they ARE vic mackey, shane vandrell, curtis lemanski, or ronnie gardoki.

Freeway signs urged motorists to call 911 if they saw the suspect's 2005 Nissan Titan as officers patrolled the streets near one of the Riverside County crime scenes with rifles at the ready.

If I am not mistaken that is a Toyota they shot up.

The cops responsible for the shoot first and ask questions later should not be fired. THEY SHOULD BE JAILED and tried for assault and attempted murder. This is what would happen if any regular gun owner fired at a car that 'looked suspicious'. This is beyond disgusting and the sad part is that they will almost certainly face no consequences at all.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top