JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
not blaming hollywood or anything, but with shows like the shield (which is one of my favorite all-time shows), lots of would-be, former, and current cops probably think they ARE vic mackey, shane vandrell, curtis lemanski, or ronnie gardoki.

Don't forget The Shield was based on the Rampart CRASH Anti-Gang unit which killed, stole and sold drugs and generally became a gang themselves w badges. Much of the actual stuff they pulled became plot lines for The Shield.

I guess these days all an officer has to do is "believe" in something and they can legally start shooting.

I think something is wrong with that....

I am glad the newspaper deliverers were not killed. I hope the cops that shot them loose there jobs, they want but I can hope.

You can bet they won't be delivering newspapers for much longer. Settlement for a bad shoot can be a be-atch on the ol' budget ....

Yep. Shooting up a truck of the wrong type, with the wrong license number, wrong color, and with two women (Asian) instead of a black male...yep, we need to get all the facts. Of course, with LAPD, what are the chances of that happening?

I love how in the picture of the blue Toyota it appears all the bullets came from the rear of the truck. Not sure what the law in CA is about shooting a fleeing criminal/felon but good sense would indicate a vehicle headed away from you is likely not a threat. Not to mention the lack of ability to identify your target since the back of a head is a poor way to identify your possible suspect.

I wonder when in the time frame these assaults on civilians occurred and the report of his truck being discovered burned out up around Big Bear happened. Lack of communications? Did they shoot up these trucks after his truck was discovered? That would look even worse for LAPD if that is the case.

Here Christopher Dorner's "manifesto," reprinted in full:
Christopher Dorner's Manifesto, In Full [Content Graphic and Disturbing] [UPDATED]: LAist

He's disappointed that his colleagues and superiors lied under oath to protect their own skins, and it cost him his career. He figures that without his jobs in the LAPD and the Reserves, he's got nothing left to lose.

It's interesting that he's so rabidly anti-gun. The next time you get hit with some claim that pro-2A folks are all nutcakes like Jimmy Lee Dykes (the Alabama bunker guy), you can point them to Dorner's rant.

Sorry about the truck ID - I'm totally ignorant.
These "incidents" seem to happen more often in LA than anywhere else in the US; I read that their district pays out larger civil judgments than any other, even when correcting for its size.

Meanwhile, out in LA County they've fingered another bunch of rogue deputies:
L.A. County Sheriff's Department intends to fire seven deputies - latimes.com
These not-so-magnificent seven had become an awful lot like the gang cliques that they were going after.

just remember they (Ca.) set the standard for the rest of the country in a lot of cases

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top