JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I looked at a couple sign stores that sell plastic sheeting, and they had no idea what Kydex even was. One of the stores said they could order it, after looking in a catalog, but it was incredibly expensive, like $24 for each 12" x 12" sheet.

Oh and if you want to get some dirty looks and comments, ask about Kydex at your friendly neighborhood LEATHER supply store.:s0112:

You might try laird plastics down in the SE industrial area, kind of by alaskan brass and copper. I don't know what the minimum order is for new stock, but they also have an offcut bin in the sales area with various maerials; some might suit your prototyping, even if it isn't kydex per se.

I know a guy that is a master kydex holster maker. He buys his kydex in bulk out of the Hillsboro area. He does crazy good work. I have about 10 of his holsters and mag pouches. He said that he got his start when he could not find a holster that concealed well and yet was fast and reliable. I think that he lives in Silverton, but he is like a ghost. In other words...you have to know how to get in touch with him.

I know a guy that is a master kydex holster maker. He buys his kydex in bulk out of the Hillsboro area. He does crazy good work. I have about 10 of his holsters and mag pouches. He said that he got his start when he could not find a holster that concealed well and yet was fast and reliable. I think that he lives in Silverton, but he is like a ghost. In other words...you have to know how to get in touch with him.

Is "the guy you know" .... YOU?

10 holsters seems like a lot. "fast and reliable" and "he is like a ghost" is mutually exclusive. "you have to know how to get in touch with him"--- Kinda like he's Spiderman and you're Peter Parker?

cyclesarge, I was giving odiesplace a hard time. He and I have a mutual interest in how to make the very best kydex holsters, mag pouches, sheaths, etc.. The hardest part of the whole mix is locating the right materials for the items being made.

Now I'm interested...

A quick google revealed these folks, who sell it by the sheet. A 12x24 sheet of black runs about $17.05

A click on the "About Us" link shows that they have a distributor in Portland (and in Kent, Washington as well).

Looks like fun stuff for all sorts of hobby applications.

I just bought some 2x4 sheets from Interstate. It's $28 for the 4x2 sheets in 060, which is about $3.50 per sq ft. I bought a few different thicknesses and a number of the 060 sheets. They were backordered on the 060, so they called me to notify that they would split the shipments at their cost.

I found this to be better than 1x1 or 2x1 sheets as I end up with less waste. I might ideally want 4x8 sheets eventually, but for now this will do.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top