JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?p=349842#post349842

Originally Posted By deavis:
So I found myself in possession of a Maadi MISR 10 with magwell dimples.... Out the door at a gunshow in like new condition for $200 + background feee. I hogged it out to take the double stack shot it and it worked - great. I added compliance whatnots but it was the UGLIEST AK I have. The wood was hideous (factory new) the finish was an abomination.

I always wanted to battle field pick up look and ANYTHING would have been a an improvement to the Maadi. So I took off the mismatched Maadi furniture and rummaged around and got other mismatched furniture from a host of countries all in battel field pick up shape. I added a WELL USED leather sling.

I set to work with some abaisives to take off the sheen of the enamel Maadi paint and got to the bare metal on the high spots which was too bright a contrast to the remaining Maadi paint so I applied some light cold blue and got a little patina gray look going. Then I cut and pasted the infidel logo in Arabic from a T-shirt ad into a word document, printed it and taped it on the stock. The ball end cutter of my dremel eased through the first layer of laminate leaving a pretty decent trench art look underneath. I still have a small pile of things to do before it is "just right" for me...with the "art" I am either going to fill it with a yellow epoxy like paint or use a woodburner and burn it in and cover with BLO I also need to WELD on a slant brake to the FSB due to the turned down barrel....after I fix the telltale MAADI FSB cant, clean up the mag well, and tone down/take off some more finish. I am kind of excited about it all though - made me happy from the original which ....again....anything was an improvement.....

So now I am just needing to come up with a BS story about it... I have narrowed it down to 3: 1) This is the gun that killed Anwar Sadat 2) this really is.... no really it is... one of the guns used in Red Dawn, (in fact this is the one Powers Booth carried) or 3) I picked it up back in Kuwait in '91 from under a burning Mercedes... I would tell you more about that but... well... you know.. it was when I was with "The Agency"

I welcome any advice on my have to do list. I was thinking about using some blood (thawing out a elk roast, there should be some left over) to attack a little of the finish. Thoughts on the slant brake attachment?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top