JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You have 1200 people in the county going to court ordered treatment, but how many don't go to court ordered treatment? Excuse the tired old trope - but treat the stuff like booze. Both are chemicals that negatively effect one's judgement, reflexes, and if addicted can destroy your life and the lives of others. Booze was prohibited - it created a big black market, lead to some horrific gang violence, and was ultimately repealed. But the criminalization of cannibis and opioum for recreational use continued, along with other hard drugs. Alcohol and tobacco cause more disease and deaths than any other substances Americans are ingesting aside from our piss poor diets.

The people who are getting high are the ultimate problem - and they're going to continue to get high and continue to get their hands on stuff, and keeping the junk illegal just perpetuates the black market and the violence. Legalize the stuff, lump it in with tobacco and booze from a regulatory standpoint, and cut off the cartels and gangs at the knees. Product safety controls would become a thing that doesn't exist right now.

Junkies commit crimes to get their next fix - they can still be arrested for those crimes. The high level dealers are rarely if ever the strung out junkies - they know better. Their biggest crimes are trafficking in controlled substances and perpetuating violence to maintain their power. The junkies are the biggest drain on society. They can still be ordered into treatment if they're convicted of crimes related to their addiction - like the crimes of theft, fraud, and violence.

I won't argue that the reason we hear about police killing innocents is because it doesn't happen with regularity - that's a good thing. But the cops should never kill an innocent in their pursuit of a "bad" actor, and there are things like eliminating no knock warrants that can be done to shrink the already small number closer to zero. Most cops are fairly intelligent sorts and they find ways to work within the framework of the law - if we change that framework eliminate no knock raids, you'll adapt and come up with effective techniques to get the bad actors. If we legalize and regulate recreational drugs, as is happening at the state level with cannabis, you're going to see the black market dealers shrink as they're replaced by the shiney retail establishments. If Phillip Morris could grow opium poppies in Virginia and sell it as a legal product, I'm sure they would, and people if given the choice to buy it legally and know the product was safe, and not ground up dry wall mixed with Ajax or something - they would.

You'll never eliminate the element of society that wants to get high for fun, or those self medicating but just like smoking, we can steer the ship using societal pressure and stigmatize it while allowing it. Thats the libertarian in me coming out. Doing what we've been doing for 90 years that hasn't worked and won't work just because its what is easy is not going to get us anywhere.

Societal pressure? Like the DARE program and "Just Say no"?

Look at marijuana. Legalize it, and now they guys that were growing MJ are now growing poppies or stockpiling ephedrine. These are the guys that get raided, not a few junkies.

I wasn't "bashing cops." I spent 34 years in that business and became a
"top cop." All I said from the little information provided me is that the procedure and oversight seems wrong and no doubt will get state or federal interest. As a boss, part of my job was to "bash" those who needed it...everything from a good butt chewing to seeing to their departure. No one is perfect but wrongs need attention appropriately.

EDIT: I feel I need to ad this message up front do people don't think I am anti cop.

I feel I need to make a point about cops, I am not anti cop but I am anti government authority when it is abused. I always figure if I act calm and cool and respectful to cops I would be fine. That does not work when cops crash through your front door un-announced or shoot you through your front window for exercising your 2A rights via checking who is snooping around your house while holding your gun. Now read my post below for details.

-------------------------------

I have a few take a ways from this and other incidents like this.

#1. and it is the HUGE one, why is there such a thing as no knock warrants? This is just total B.S.

#2. Moving soon, on my next house. Cops try to get in with or without a warrant they better bring a tow truck and hook it to the wrought iron looking outer door as that is the only way they are getting through it. That door is going to look normal but in fact be solid steel hinged to solid steel and dead bolted into solid steel. Outer door frame will be cross bolted through what ever wood framing there is, with a lot of cross bolts all around the circumference of the door frame where it meets the wood house frame as if I was building a vault door gun room.

Next, from another video I watched, cops shoot dude through his front door as they were responding to an "unknown situation", saw him inside his own home and shot him through the glass because he was inside his own home and was stupid enough to be holding a gun when he walked up to his own front door.

On my next house, as I am moving soon, solid steel front door and no huge glass cops can look through and open fire on me for holding a gun in my own house while answering the door.

If you have glass on your front door or glass side windows on ether side of your front door I suggest you give the glass a coat of paint and maybe leave some small holes about shoulder height you can look through.

You can also use that mirror film so if there is more light outside, it will be super hard to see inside, if at night and you turn on the porch light with lights off inside you should still have the mirror effect and not be seen inside your home. Doing the paint or mirror film could save your life.

No matter who it is outside your front door, you could get shot for walking up to your own front door with a gun while inside your own home. Cops are doing that now to home owners. Inside or outside, conceal that gun.

I suggest you don't google and watch that video [ Officer cleared in shooting of SC homeowner through window ], not unless you want to be really mad for a while.

Paint your front door window glass, no kidding. :(

Last Edited:
Societal pressure? Like the DARE program and "Just Say no"?

Look at marijuana. Legalize it, and now they guys that were growing MJ are now growing poppies or stockpiling ephedrine. These are the guys that get raided, not a few junkies.

When it comes to government I am pretty libertarian. When it comes to social values I am probably far enough right to make you crap your pants. I 100% agree I do not want those people around. I just don't want to give up my liberties to do it.

You are not going to solve our current issues with no nock raids or with weak sauce garbage like "just say no" you need a fundamental change in our priorities and values.

Not sure the best way to get there.

When it comes to government I am pretty libertarian. When it comes to social values I am probably far enough right to make you crap your pants. I 100% agree I do not want those people around. I just don't want to give up my liberties to do it.

You are not going to solve our current issues with no nock raids or with weak sauce garbage like "just say no" you need a fundamental change in our priorities and values.

Not sure the best way to get there.

Really, there is no way to really get there. I drank the kool-aid when I was young and thought we could change the world. Now, I just like to find who is in the supply chain and make them go away. At least it's gratifying.

... exorcising your 2A rights ...

Writhing in pain while your 2A rights are being exorcised:

7D9399B9-0728-405F-A527-EA4CD40C563F.jpeg

Last Edited:
"No-knocks serve a purpose and are also supported by caselaw."

I guess being unconstitutional is irrelevant.

Judges carve out their little exceptions here and there to take care of a few oddball cases, and all of a sudden innocent women are being shot in order to grab some evidence over an unconstitutional mala prohibita "crime". Cops are stealing cars and homes and calling it "civil asset forfeiture". Surveillance cameras going up everywhere. It goes on and on, until whole institutions depend of this stuff for their existence. Oh, and don't forget, it's a great boost for gun control laws as well.

Maybe we shouldn't have gone down that path in the first place? What really is so bad about letting people live their lives and make their choices and suffer (if necessary) the consequences of those choices on their own? Do we really need this kind of government "help" to live our lives?

Given enough time, all human institutions turn to bubblegum.

"Tar and feather them eh? Eye for an eye? Got it."
No, they're cops so they have carte blanche backed up by all the might and malice of THE STATE, so they gat a pass.

"If the boyfriend is clean, he'll get acquitted or the charges will get dropped if there was no announcement and no one was marked up."
Yeah, you betcha. He will be crucified no matter what the circumstances.

"They were just following orders."
Befehl is Befehl. Didn't work then, works fine now,

EDIT: I feel I need to ad this message up front do people don't think I am anti cop.

I feel I need to make a point about cops, I am not anti cop but I am anti government authority when it is abused. I always figure if I act calm and cool and respectful to cops I would be fine. That does not work when cops crash through your front door un-announced or shoot you through your front window for exercising your 2A rights via checking who is snooping around your house while holding your gun. Now read my post below for details.

-------------------------------

I have a few take a ways from this and other incidents like this.

#1. and it is the HUGE one, why is there such a thing as no knock warrants? This is just total B.S.

#2. Moving soon, on my next house. Cops try to get in with or without a warrant they better bring a tow truck and hook it to the wrought iron looking outer door as that is the only way they are getting through it. That door is going to look normal but in fact be solid steel hinged to solid steel and dead bolted into solid steel. Outer door frame will be cross bolted through what ever wood framing there is, with a lot of cross bolts all around the circumference of the door frame where it meets the wood house frame as if I was building a vault door gun room.

Next, from another video I watched, cops shoot dude through his front door as they were responding to an "unknown situation", saw him inside his own home and shot him through the glass because he was inside his own home and was stupid enough to be holding a gun when he walked up to his own front door.

On my next house, as I am moving soon, solid steel front door and no huge glass cops can look through and open fire on me for holding a gun in my own house while answering the door.

If you have glass on your front door or glass side windows on ether side of your front door I suggest you give the glass a coat of paint and maybe leave some small holes about shoulder height you can look through.

You can also use that mirror film so if there is more light outside, it will be super hard to see inside, if at night and you turn on the porch light with lights off inside you should still have the mirror effect and not be seen inside your home. Doing the paint or mirror film could save your life.

No matter who it is outside your front door, you could get shot for walking up to your own front door with a gun while inside your own home. Cops are doing that now to home owners. Inside or outside, conceal that gun.

I suggest you don't google and watch that video [ Officer cleared in shooting of SC homeowner through window ], not unless you want to be really mad for a while.

Paint your front door window glass, no kidding. :(
The officer was cleared!!!???? :mad: That burns me up!!

Charges dropped against Mr. Walker for shooting at the cops. Still waiting on the manslaughter charges to come for Ms. Taylor's death.

LMPD's chief has seriously curtailed no-knocks, now requiring his sign off before a no-knock application can be presented to the court. He's also mandated cameras for all personnel serving a warrant. Baby steps, but they won't bring back Breonna Taylor but maybe they'll prevent another needless death.

This is rich:

"It is deeply reckless for this information, which presents only a small fraction of the entire investigation, to be shared with the media while the criminal process remains ongoing," he said. "It would be unjust to draw conclusions about this case before the investigation is complete and the full truth comes out. And efforts to sway opinion and impact the investigation by releasing select information are wrong and divisive, at a time when our city needs unity more than ever before."

This is rich:

"It is deeply reckless for this information, which presents only a small fraction of the entire investigation, to be shared with the media while the criminal process remains ongoing," he said. "It would be unjust to draw conclusions about this case before the investigation is complete and the full truth comes out. And efforts to sway opinion and impact the investigation by releasing select information are wrong and divisive, at a time when our city needs unity more than ever before."
Democraps in charge, you expect anything less? Cry foul after the crime, not prevent it!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top