JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ok, I'll start. I actually prefer my steaks cut thinner than most. Sometimes as thin as 1/2 inch. No more than 1 inch. Salt, pepper, garlic salt. Seared over an open flame with ONE flip and NO FORK HOLES. Allow to rest for five minutes. I prefer mine medium with a dollop of garlic butter.

But because it's relevant, and sh!thead who can't spell his own name called me out...here it goes......:D

As a kid we grew up poor. My dad HAD to have his steak and potatoes. So my mom, being frugal as hell, would go to the grocery store and shop for steak in the expired/marked down/cheapest POS section. She would buy the worst cut that had turned gray and had an orange 75% off sticker on it.

Now, she was also a germaphobe (I am to a degree as well). So she would bring it home and "cook" it until it was burnt. I mean REALLY burnt. The fat would literally be black and crusty.

Again, we were poor. So my mom also had a rule that we kids couldn't get up until the plate was CLEAN. Completely clean. That meant trimming the burnt fat, gristle and other unedible parts wasn't allowed So we had to eat every freaking part of this burnt up piece of roadkill called "steak".

It ruined me for many years. Even to this day steak fat is hard for me to get down.

There, now you all know. Thanks bigmouth @No_Regerts

:rolleyes: :p

With fresh, steamed asparagus (al dente) and tater your favorite way.

My new favorite way to eat taters now is to wash and slice them into 1/2 inch disks, peel left on. Coat with EVOO, and place on a foil covered oven pan. Season with garlic salt, roast at 425 for 20 to 25 minutes. Pit em next to the steak and asparagus. I like to put a dollop of sour cream on the plate with chives mixed in.

My new favorite way to eat taters now is to wash and slice them into 1/2 inch disks, peel left on. Coat with EVOO, and place on a foil covered oven pan. Season with garlic salt, roast at 425 for 20 to 25 minutes. Pit em next to the steak and asparagus. I like to put a dollop of sour cream on the plate with chives mixed in.

I haven't eaten a potato in 5 months a-hole. :s0140:

i like medium rare filet mignon, ribeye or chuckeye in that order. cooked on a traeger to 120* then seared in butter and grape seed oil or olive oil the rest of the way in my cast iron on my propane burner. enjoy with sauteed onions.

all i use on steaks is olive oil, rock salt, coarse ground pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.

But because it's relevant, and sh!thead who can't spell his own name called me out...here it goes......:D

As a kid we grew up poor. My dad HAD to have his steak and potatoes. So my mom, being frugal as hell, would go to the grocery store and shop for steak in the expired/marked down/cheapest POS section. She would buy the worst cut that had turned gray and had an orange 75% off sticker on it.

Now, she was also a germaphobe (I am to a degree as well). So she would bring it home and "cook" it until it was burnt. I mean REALLY burnt. The fat would literally be black and crusty.

Again, we were poor. So my mom also had a rule that we kids couldn't get up until the plate was CLEAN. Completely clean. That meant trimming the burnt fat, gristle and other unedible parts wasn't allowed So we had to eat every freaking part of this burnt up piece of roadkill called "steak".

It ruined me for many years. Even to this day steak fat is hard for me to get down.

There, now you all know. Thanks bigmouth @No_Regerts

:rolleyes: :p
Man, this seems pretty familiar to me on Friday or Saturday nights growing up and having to clean my plate of shoe leather. I did what I could to hide it in the napkin and "go to the bathroom" frequently. Even worse if served with peas, asparagus, zuchini, or pickled beets. Luckily we often had white bread and butter to go with it and thus, could eat half a loaf for dinner since the rest ended up elsewhere. I now refer to the "bargain meat" as "used meat" and cannot stand steak. I can barely choke down a roast or similar.

Man, this seems pretty familiar to me on Friday or Saturday nights growing up and having to clean my plate of shoe leather. I did what I could to hide it in the napkin and "go to the bathroom" frequently. Even worse if served with peas, asparagus, zuchini, or pickled beets. Luckily we often had white bread and butter to go with it and thus, could eat half a loaf for dinner since the rest ended up elsewhere. I now refer to the "bargain meat" as "used meat" and cannot stand steak. I can barely choke down a roast or similar.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top