Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

KRRC Silencer shoot today!!! Who's going???

Discussion in 'Events & Get Togethers' started by coctailer, Jul 23, 2011.

1. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

I'll be there with a truckload of silencers.

From another site:
    On July 22, 2011 Washington State will be one of the thirty-seven states that allow civilians to own and use sound suppressors on firearms. The Kitsap Rifle and Revolver Club will host a silencer shoot on Saturday July 23, from 12 pm to 4 pm. This event will be open to the public free of charge.

Anyone interested in learning about suppressor effectiveness and limitations is invited to the club to shoot or watch. Suppressed firearms will be available for use by the public under the supervision of the suppressor owners and range officers. Information on how to legally purchase or make suppressors will be available.

Contact information;
    Kitsap Rifle and Revolver Club (360) 373-1007
    Randall Bragge (360) 440-5889 ranb40@yahoo.com

2. Spray-n-pray

Spray-n-pray Battle Ground Moderator Staff Member

That sounds awesome! Or, maybe it won't sound like much at all since they're suppressed ;)

It's about time WA got with the program though.

3. cwegga

cwegga Helena, MT Active Member

I plan on showing up. I would love to get a chance to shoot a suppressed Buckmark since that is what I will probably end up going with eventually.

4. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

I was at the range this morning, but had to attend a wedding/reception during the shoot.
    I would loved to have met y'all.

5. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

Ranb put on a fun, safe, informative show yesterday.

Lots of belt-fed full auto suppressed goodness.

It was a great chance for people to shoot a bunch of different cans for free. I don;t know if it made their choices easier or harder on which can to buy next.:laugh::laugh:

6. Ranb

Ranb Belfair, WA Active Member

I was very busy yesterday. I found out that I was in charge of the event right after I showed up. I was on my feet all day but it was fun. I did not get to sample as many commerically built cans as I had hoped, but I did learn that I have much more to learn about noise suppression. :) Especially after shooting that 77/44 Silent Destoyer. It was as quiet as my 50BMG is loud. I was the last person out the gate yesterday, but I had help packing up from a nice young lady. Thank you Jennifer.

I am going to Renton today (Sunday); bringing a few less guns too. I was asked to supply some firearms and was told that I will be assigned a bench and be the "RO" for that bench while the public tries out my cans. We'll see what happens.

Ranb

7. sigman

sigman Olympia, Wa Member

I am sitting at work thinking of all the fun I could be having. I hope you guy are enjoying yourselves.

8. PBinWA

PBinWA Clark County Well-Known Member

Coctailer, is that 77/44 Silent Destroyer the one that was in your office a few weeks ago? It was a beautiful gun and if it is as quiet as Ranb is stating then I'll be adding it to my "want" list. ;)

9. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

I so wanted to be there, but my friends wanted us at their daughters weddings.
    The things I do for family. :D

10. olydemon

olydemon Olympia Active Member

Thanks for letting me shoot the silenced AK.