JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can now the fact is there is no future in it
The commercial salmon fishing days are done . thanks to tribes netting every river from Alaska to California it's over for commercial and in four or five years it's over for sport fishing too

And the commercials just will not let go of the Columbia river either, even court battles & disobeying the law to stop netting in the mainstream....

Last Edited:
And the commercials just will not let go of the Columbia river either, even court battles & disobeying the law to stop getting in the mainstream....
Cheers to that! There is more money in sport fishing anyway. Why sell a fillet when you can sell somebody a hotel room, all sorts of gear, bait and a boat ride!

Well folks I was able to get out on the water again today. I was joined by 3 newer acquaintances from my SIL's group of gun toting millennial friends which all are not the common snowflakes but are newly recruited to get into the fight for our 2A rights.;)

This was my 2nd trip to R**** lake....:p
Sorry guys & gals but I've got to protect this gem of a fishery that was right under my nose the last 25 years but hidden in plain sight.:D

From 6:30 am to 11 am our 4 rods produce 7 drivebys (downrigger tripped), 16 Kokes (from 7"-15") & a bonus trout 20+".

These guys learned the DR strategy super fast & all I had to do was put them over fish & reel in the occasional fish because they snoozed (waited more than 2 seconds) after the rods got hit..:p:p:p

A fine day to say the least.... If I was on fb I would have a following.:s0140::s0140::s0140:

Nap time. Y'all get back to work.:p:p:p:D

Oh crap, I forgot the pics, how incentive of me.:D
20180801_131805.jpg 20180801_131809.jpg

Last Edited:
i wondered why you came all the way down to merwin when that little puddle was soo much closer for ya...
yes im chiming in from Texas right now

Well I'll let you in on a little story, years ago when I had the kids at home we used to fish R**** Lake quite a bit from the bank and we didn't really do that well but it kept the kids busy.
Fast forward 20 years and I got a boat so I was fishing exotic Fisheries way away from home and Merwin was one of those. And R**** Lake was not considered exotic enough for me to frequent.:p:p:p:p

But now it is my "Jewel of the Nile".;)

We have to be home sooner than originally planned and couldn't find any decent priced hunts in the time we have...
We will come back though! Hopefully when it's not 100 degrees outside!

We have to be home sooner than originally planned and couldn't find any decent priced hunts in the time we have...
We will come back though! Hopefully when it's not 100 degrees outside!

I can't like that! Life is short I'd be putting that on a credit card and selling something when I get home to pay for it!

Glad you and the kid are having a good time though. ;)

I can't like that! Life is short I'd be putting that on a credit card and selling something when I get home to pay for it!

Glad you and the kid are having a good time though. ;)
Trust me I sold everthing I could just to get here and do what we're doing..
Kids have three days at RTX... a gaming convention they've been wanting to attend for years.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top