JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Today's excursion is a rinse & repeat from my recent trips, which limits were attained by all. @Slobray decided to hook two kokes on one lure (show off):p.
While @Thomas_Gunne had the most fish on I did not count who boated more between the two, I just piloted the Jetcraft due to the windy conditions....o_O

Additionally the size of the fish today are not accustomed to, yeah they were small but they are going to eat good. We surmise that they must be next year's fish and the big ones are fixing to get happy in the Cowlitz River and creeks.:p
View attachment 498970

It was a great day on the water and great to meet another member. Slobray and caveman are 10x the outdoorsmen that I am so I mostly just fished and listened to all the killing these guys had done. Between the two of them I believe they have caught every variety of fish in America.

The fish were definitely smaller but just as tasty. We pretty much had the lake to ourselves. And I didn't even break a rod this time!

Hey, I'm a firm believer in catchin what I keep & sometimes giving them away.
People gotta eat....
If you have the stomach for such a thing...:p

My humble supper the night after a Caveman Kokexpedition:D
E40F1266-8C32-4908-9C79-923279237F4C.jpeg

It was a great day on the water and great to meet another member. Slobray and caveman are 10x the outdoorsmen that I am so I mostly just fished and listened to all the killing these guys had done. Between the two of them I believe they have caught every variety of fish in America.

The fish were definitely smaller but just as tasty. We pretty much had the lake to ourselves. And I didn't even break a rod this time!

It was a great time & a first at having two members aboard.:cool:
Anytime you get 2 Southerners in a boat, watch out cuz the BS is sure to start a flyin soon enough so listen up.:D
Being a military brat we traveled A LOT so I was fortunate enough to be able to fish many places.
Remember that Coho on my home river is set to open Oct 1st....:D:D:D

On my way out to the Island to try and catch a few coho off the beach.lol
Just talked to my friend he said it's been slow .
But what the hell I got nothing else to do. IMG_20180919_110205.jpg

The best part is being out there.;)
Yep well I had one hit all day long casting from the beach but I managed to drink two 24 oz beers didn't get arrested for bwi .sat and watched boats go by talked to a few people walking the beach .and had a nice relaxing day doing basically nothing .
But no fish .OH WELL

Another outstanding day on the water with a fellow member, @SparksFly joined me this morning on a quest for Kokanee. He was early and he brought a great lunch for us BOTH, others should learn from him...:D:D:D
We got to the boat ramp & there was a Gazillion Bass boats in the staging area:eek::eek::eek: WTH??? I knew that the lake stunk but know I know why, BASS!!!:p:p:p
It was storming on the way out to the killing fields and I was thinking the worst for the day but then the clouds parted, the wind died & we had a fish on before I could lower the offering below to the depths.:cool:
I must say this young man has a very good grasp on how to fish and do anything on a boat, catch fish & was running the Cannon electrics like a pro after a short orientation. We set a new record of limiting before noon on Riffe lake!!! :cool:
Thanks for good conversations, a great time fishing and for taking some of the fish that was taking up valuable space in my overflowing freezer.:eek::eek::eek::D
Although you will have to work on your trailer backing skills but you did get r done eventually. You did have a helluva ramp to battle today...:p:p:p:D

I was successful getting my cellphone to charge after 3 hours so here are some pics &
tips on what worked today.;)
20180922_102317_001.jpg
I could not believe how low the lake was, they lowered it like 10'!!!!!

20180922_114106.jpg Anything green worked like the other trips but had a little luck with tuna & bloody tuna but anise & garlic was again the cats meow....:p
20180922_114919.jpg
I found two holdovers that decided to keep eating instead of going off to play with the girls...:p:p:p
This catch & a bag of salmon & elk followed my young apprentice home.

Now I can put away the downriggers, light action rods and corn baits to concentrate on the upcoming Coho season on my home river & save $$$$ worth of fuel.;););)

Last Edited:
Yep well I had one hit all day long casting from the beach but I managed to drink two 24 oz beers didn't get arrested for bwi .sat and watched boats go by talked to a few people walking the beach .and had a nice relaxing day doing basically nothing .
But no fish .OH WELL

bwi??? It would be FWI (fishing while intoxicated) or PDWF (public drunkenness while fishing) or...:p:p:p:D

bwi??? It would be FWI (fishing while intoxicated) or PDWF (public drunkenness while fishing) or...:p:p:p:D
I can stand on the beach and drink beer all day but not in a boat lol it's kinda a public beach but really nobody other than island people go there so its kinda a private beach also .
Lol you know LOCAL ONLY BRO

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top