JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've only done the Baker Lake fishery one time, about 25 years ago, I was trying to troll in my drift boat with oars as propulsion.:eek:

Would love to do it this year with the camper up therefor a week.;)

It is one of the most beautiful fishing spots in the state even when fishing is slow the scenery never disappoints. I highly recommend it. Since they have augmented run and opened it for Sockeye it has gotten a bit popular and weekdays are preferred if you can swing it but it is a big lake with pretty good access so it is not to bad as long as you bring some patience at the launches.

54DB376D-0BF2-4959-857F-86E2B40DFAAF.jpeg F0ECC790-5E0F-4A3C-AB19-3E5D85FBCFF1.jpeg 8F2B97A9-DE65-453F-B2D7-A0DFABBF1BD4.jpeg

It is one of the most beautiful fishing spots in the state even when fishing is slow the scenery never disappoints. I highly recommend it. Since they have augmented run and opened it for Sockeye it has gotten a bit popular and weekdays are preferred if you can swing it but it is a big lake with pretty good access so it is not to bad as long as you bring some patience at the launches.

View attachment 486695 View attachment 486694 View attachment 486693

Convo started.:)

Today's excursion didn't work out anywhere near like I had planned. Armed with info from a super secrete trusted source,@Mygrainman & I attempted the upper lake location.
Trolled for a few hours in the deeper areas & NADA!!! If you can call a perch chompin on Kokanee gear worthy for the ice bath a prize, it's still out there fore you to try your luck...:p

After I dropped @Mygrainman off so he could go home & get some rest after the exhaust fumes got to him, sorry Bro.:(
I decided to head to the dam where I had previously "kicked azz". Back in the lake goes the sled and heading to the once barron
grounds from my last trip which only yielded three fish.:eek::eek::eek:

10 mins into the troll the port rigger popped but nothing was connected not even the corn. Made it turn to go right in front of the dam and the starboard rigger pops and a nice 16 in Coho Kokanee came to the net. Rebaited got it back down to 47' and 15 minutes later the starboard rigger pops again and a fat 9 incher goes into the ice bath. It seemed that everywhere I trolled I was marking fish or catching fish and in 3 short hours I had my limit and was heading to the Hacienda.

Next time Bro, we'll start at the dam and go from there.;)

Last Edited:
Exhaust fumes and migraines go together like...well
Two things that really don't go together.
Sorry hard to be witty with a migraine hangover...:(

Thanks for the Morning out anyway!
A bad day fishing is better than a good day...
:confused:
Sorry still got nothin'

:D

Exhaust fumes and migraines go together like...well
Two things that really don't go together.
Sorry hard to be witty with a migraine hangover...:(

Thanks for the Morning out anyway!
A bad day fishing is better than a good day...
:confused:
Sorry still got nothin'

:D

I have a hangover but due to toasting all the rock & rollers that have gone to the big stage in the sky.

We'll get em next time but the morning was not a total loss we had some good conversations and sometimes that makes the whole trip weather the slimy bounty failed to bite our lines.:p:p:D:D

Todays fishing excursion with @Thomas_Gunne (on time due to excessive MPH's) started at the crack of dawn, 6 am at the Cave.
There were good conversations and realizations about the state of America on the drive to the lake. Startling...
We had to troll around a bit to locate the little slime rockets but once we found em we whacked & stacked em although it took us an hour to locate that last one for our 2 limits.:p
Here is what worked today. The bloody tuna was the hot scent for today which it had not worked for the last three trips. Just goes to show that you need to throw the kitchen sink at them to find out what works.
20180830_113510.jpg
The depth is where we messed up early today, should've started @ 55' but were not marking any fish.:mad:
Caveman need better electronics to see fish in water better, Ughh.o_O
Yeah I bet you guys read that in a caveman type voice like it was meant. Ughh.:p
20180830_161752.jpg

Not the big buggers that we've been catching but at least I got one.;)
A guy at the boat ramp said we should have been fishing just a little deeper, the smallest one of his limit was 16 in!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Another fine day of being out on the water & not on the couch.
I'll let you know what the replacement cost for the rod is Bro... :p:p:p

Last Edited:
Todays fishing excursion with @Thomas_Gunne (on time due to excessive MPH's) started at the crack of dawn, 6 am at the Cave.
There were good conversations and realizations about the state of America on the drive to the lake. Startling...
We had to troll around a bit to locate the little slime rockets but once we found em we whacked & stacked em although it took us an hour to locate that last one for our 2 limits.:p
Here is what worked today. The bloody tuna was the hot scent for today which it had not worked for the last three trips. Just goes to show that you need to throw the kitchen sink at them to find out what works.
View attachment 494182
The depth is where we messed up early today, should've started @ 55' but were not marking any fish.:mad:
Caveman need better electronics to see fish in water better, Ughh.o_O
Yeah I bet you guys read that in a caveman type voice like it was meant. Ughh.:p
View attachment 494183

Not the big buggers that we've been catching but at least I got one.;)
A guy at the boat ramp said we should have been fishing just a little deeper, the smallest one of his limit was 16 in!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Another fine day of being out on the water & not on the couch.
I'll let you know what the replacement cost for the rod is Bro... :p:p:p
Some nice fish! I think I know the secret spot too...

I just got home from kootney lake in b.c.
a lack of time and proper gear kept me from hitting any kokanee, I don't have gear to go deep.
I only had about 2 hours to get on the water.

20180904_153735.jpg 20180904_125230.jpg 20180904_155103.jpg 20180904_155059.jpg
20180904_114255.jpg

Today's excursion is a rinse & repeat from my recent trips, which limits were attained by all. @Slobray decided to hook two kokes on one lure (show off):p.
While @Thomas_Gunne had the most fish on I did not count who boated more between the two, I just piloted the Jetcraft due to the windy conditions....o_O

Additionally the size of the fish today are not accustomed to, yeah they were small but they are going to eat good. We surmise that they must be next year's fish and the big ones are fixing to get happy in the Cowlitz River and creeks.:p
20180913_175149.jpg

DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!!
Caveman Jim has filled his allotted fish storage space in the freezer!!!
From now until I eat approximately 28 Kokanee, I can no longer bring home more fish so get your butt in my boat & help a guy out with this real world problem.:p:p:p;)

20180913_175316.jpg

I don't know what the big deal is about catching KOKANEE.
I was is the truck stop just now and saw a bunch of them all boxed up and ready to go .
LOL MVIMG_20180917_123415.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads