JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was going to say do you mean down riggers
Out riggers are generally used in commercial salmon boats or other sport fishing boats sord fish boats use out riggers .when you drag four or more lines

One of my brother in-law boats outriggers they troll three canon balls on each side with 7 hook on each down line so 21 luers on each side of the boatATTACH]486671[/ATTACH]

MVIMG_20180117_163641.jpg

Ya, I'm a dumbass, I meant downriggers. I'll never go back to sitting still with bobbers.
Semantics it seems...

I found some depth planers that seem to be a cheap way to get deep. We always attached weight and adjusted for speed, in a canoe. LoL

Good luck getting a boat of your own!
Jim certainly rides in luxury!

Go out with Jim if you are ever in Mason County Washington. You will be hooked. I've been on craigslist looking at boats now! I think the outriggers are genius. I've talked to a few fishermen on my road who have boats and they don't even know what outriggers are. They don't troll either. They park and use bobbers and don't catch much either. And these Kokanee are damn tasty. Like mild salmon.
They are very tasty and the reason they taste like salmon is because they are salmon. They are just a landlocked sockeye salmon. The anadromous Sockeye I catch in Baker Lake are even tastier!
CEDA7A1E-246C-4457-97E0-60E8CD016B1B.jpeg

Semantics it seems...

I found some depth planers that seem to be a cheap way to get deep. We always attached weight and adjusted for speed, in a canoe. LoL
Well that is true but some times you have to adjust speed .
To fast they don't bite .
To slow they don't bite .there are VIDEOS of salmon fallowing a bait for 20 minutes and as soon as you speed up the boat they bite .or we have them that every time we turned the boat all baits would get hit at same time.

You can ask anyone who has trolls for salom they will tell you that a lot of the time they catch a fish on the turn

Last Edited:
Yep baits on the outside side of turn speed up and rise in the water column while the inside baits slow down and fall either action can trigger strikes.

When I was on the boat with my brother in law we would be trolling along with nothing and sometimes he would just speed up the boat a little.and wack a few fish would hit .
And other times we would just slow down a little and They would hit it just depends .

This stuff works if you see fish on the sonar but nothing is biteing you have to do something different speed up or slow down turn the boat slow or turn the boat fast .

ChsngC your bait or change colors of your bait one day it could be green the next they like white or black or pink what ever .lol but you can't just troll all day with one that isn't catching anything .
And remember it's called fishing . until you start catching .lol then it's called fun fishing

Semantics it seems...

Good luck getting a boat of your own!
Jim certainly rides in luxury!

Ya, if I had a boat I would never get anything done around my place again! It's bad enough right now with my guns and motorcycles. Aluminum seems the way to go.

They are very tasty and the reason they taste like salmon is because they are salmon. They are just a landlocked sockeye salmon. The anadromous Sockeye I catch in Baker Lake are even tastier!
View attachment 486673

I've only done the Baker Lake fishery one time, about 25 years ago, I was trying to troll in my drift boat with oars as propulsion.:eek:

Would love to do it this year with the camper up therefor a week.;)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads