JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Turns out Caveman and me don't live all that far apart from each other. So we got to chatting about fishing and he was nice enough to invite me out.

First thing he told me about was the need for absolute secrecy in regards to ##### lake/river. So I agreed to wear a standard CIA interrogation hood out to the spot. I was married for 25 years and have went through worse so it wasn't that bad.

So we launched the boat and headed out to "the spot". Believe it or not we had fish chasing us out and actually overtaking the boat. They started jumping in faster than we could throw them back out.

So the boat sank, but we were able to right it and outrun the fish.
After evasive maneuvers we were able to escape and make it out to where we could get poles in the water.

Ok, serious now. Jim has this down to a science and he was nice enough to teach me all I wanted to know about slaying Kokanee. We bagged at least 14 fish in a few hours. To top it off, he kept 2 fish and gave me the rest! Where do you meet people like that in today's world? So thanks again, Jim. And if any of you ever get the chance to go fishing with him, do it. He is a hardcore military fisherman with his poop wired tight. Eating Kokanee right now. :)

p.s., I'm too dumb to get pictures off of my phone and onto this thread. Jim has pics, though. Hopefully he will post them.

And the commercials just will not let go of the Columbia river either, even court battles & disobeying the law to stop netting in the mainstream....
Well it's not the commercial netting the river it's the TRIBES . even the straight up here is off limits to commercial UNLESS you have had the license for or hundreds of years or your in a tribe

Darn good thread. Made me smile, a lot.

I needed that smile too.

I haven't fished in close to 6 years now. I only fished living in NV for rainbows and an occasional bass. Nothing really big.

I did attempt a fishing trip from Depo Bay I think 3 years ago, just to get really really sick and spend the whole time in the cabin trying not to die. I even took the motion sickness stuff and everything. My buddy gave me some cod he caught and everyone got to share the crab caught.

I don't see myself doing a bunch of fishing up here, maybe when my kid gets older.

Thanks for the great read and for putting a good smile on my face!

Turns out Caveman and me don't live all that far apart from each other. So we got to chatting about fishing and he was nice enough to invite me out.

First thing he told me about was the need for absolute secrecy in regards to ##### lake/river. So I agreed to wear a standard CIA interrogation hood out to the spot. I was married for 25 years and have went through worse so it wasn't that bad.

So we launched the boat and headed out to "the spot". Believe it or not we had fish chasing us out and actually overtaking the boat. They started jumping in faster than we could throw them back out.

So the boat sank, but we were able to right it and outrun the fish.
After evasive maneuvers we were able to escape and make it out to where we could get poles in the water.

Ok, serious now. Jim has this down to a science and he was nice enough to teach me all I wanted to know about slaying Kokanee. We bagged at least 14 fish in a few hours. To top it off, he kept 2 fish and gave me the rest! Where do you meet people like that in today's world? So thanks again, Jim. And if any of you ever get the chance to go fishing with him, do it. He is a hardcore military fisherman with his poop wired tight. Eating Kokanee right now. :)

p.s., I'm too dumb to get pictures off of my phone and onto this thread. Jim has pics, though. Hopefully he will post them.

Yeah and I thought I could Spin A Yarn as thick as a down comforter. That's pretty good and imaginative but not far off from what really happened.:p:p:p

All those fish you were talking about where on the fish finder if I remember, there was tons of them while we were on plane running to the dam.
(those were actually bubbles under the transducer). I may be a great fisherman but I am not a very good transducer mounter.

Like I said I don't go fishing to just get out of the house, I go to procure food. Truth be told, my area in the freezer is full so I really cannot put any more in it so I give them away.

That's just the way I roll.;)

Yeah and I thought I could Spin A Yarn as thick as a down comforter. That's pretty good and imaginative but not far off from what really happened.:p:p:p

All those fish you were talking about where on the fish finder if I remember, there was tons of them while we were on plane running to the dam.
(those were actually bubbles under the transducer). I may be a great fisherman but I am not a very good transducer mounter.

Like I said I don't go fishing to just get out of the house, I go to procure food. Truth be told, my area in the freezer is full so I really cannot put any more in it so I give them away.

That's just the way I roll.;)
Well I guess I will say it . THIS POST IS USELESS WITH OUT PICTURES .LOL

This one sorry I didn't put them together lol 434614-d1c3d643648ec6ee3f8844ff6b6df7c4.jpg

Welcome from the great State of Jefferson.

...Darn good thread. Made me smile, a lot.

I don't see myself doing a bunch of fishing up here, maybe when my kid gets older....

Go out with Jim if you are ever in Mason County Washington. You will be hooked. I've been on craigslist looking at boats now! I think the outriggers are genius. I've talked to a few fishermen on my road who have boats and they don't even know what outriggers are. They don't troll either. They park and use bobbers and don't catch much either. And these Kokanee are damn tasty. Like mild salmon.

Go out with Jim if you are ever in Mason County Washington. You will be hooked. I've been on craigslist looking at boats now! I think the outriggers are genius. I've talked to a few fishermen on my road who have boats and they don't even know what outriggers are. They don't troll either. They park and use bobbers and don't catch much either. And these Kokanee are damn tasty. Like mild salmon.
Not to be a smart arse, but i think they are called down riggers, unless Jim is using planers too. ;)

Here is a link to an outrigger...
Outrigger - Wikipedia

It's amazing that people just want to sit in an anchored boat & fish for trout....o_O

I love my electric Downriggers because it is the most effective way to get down to where the fish are.:cool:
Plus my back loves them too!!!:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads