JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You will notice most all my trips & tips were from Merwin. Just need a break from the long 2.5 hour drive one way....:s0129::s0129::s0129:

I envy your get-up-and-go Jim. I still drive 2.5 hours to fish, once a year. I stay for three weeks though. Don't have it in me any more for just a day.

PM coming to you.

Well folks I was able to get out on the water again today. I was joined by 3 newer acquaintances from my SIL's group of gun toting millennial friends which all are not the common snowflakes but are newly recruited to get into the fight for our 2A rights.;)

This was my 2nd trip to R**** lake....:p
Sorry guys & gals but I've got to protect this gem of a fishery that was right under my nose the last 25 years but hidden in plain sight.:D

From 6:30 am to 11 am our 4 rods produce 7 drivebys (downrigger tripped), 16 Kokes (from 7"-15") & a bonus trout 20+".

These guys learned the DR strategy super fast & all I had to do was put them over fish & reel in the occasional fish because they snoozed (waited more than 2 seconds) after the rods got hit..:p:p:p

A fine day to say the least.... If I was on fb I would have a following.:s0140::s0140::s0140:

Nap time. Y'all get back to work.:p:p:p:D

Oh crap, I forgot the pics, how incentive of me.:D
View attachment 484312 View attachment 484313
The top fish looks SO happy :)

Alright here's today's report after I rested up and held my grandbaby again, that's the most important thing of the day.

I took a new guy to The Forum, @Thomas_Gunne out with me today, seems like a good guy so far and he does know how to catch fish. LOL

We left about quarter till 6 got the lake around 7:30 it was deserted because they knew the caveman was coming to catch all the fish in the lake that day. Yeah they fear me.:p

It was pretty slow first thing this morning we trolled around for almost 30 minutes before the first fish hit, I was perplexed. But not long after the first fish we would go about 10 to 15 minutes in between fish.

Since there was only two of us we only ran 3 rods. I stacked the top rod 10 ft above the bottom line. It worked out well, there was only one tangle which is no big deal that I caught it early. If I would have kept up trolling for 15 or 20 minutes it would have really been wrapped up and I had to get the scissors out. Braid is so hard to untangle.o_O

Most fish hit at 25, 27 & 30 ft later when the burning ball in the sky peaked through the rain clouds.

We wound up with 14 Coke's total with five that were over 12 in.
The pics show what we're working and we used the garlic on the starboard side and anise on the port side.;)

Last Edited:
First thing in the morning, ahhh nice & cool.

20180803_094604_001.jpg

Port side lures.
20180803_184904.jpg

Starboard side lures.

20180803_184720.jpg

The bounty!!! 5 were over 12"s :cool:

20180803_125959.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show