JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1. I'm shooting an XDM 4.5 9mm. Nothing special. Had some trigger work done to it which brought it down to about 3.5 lbs. Very little take up or reset. Its my CC gun
2. I've been shooting comps for a bit. Haven't in the last couple years due to personal issues. Getting divorced takes its toll on a person. :(
3. I DO shoot with a 511 but I guess it all depends on my mood at the time. Do I wanna actually compete or just shoot? If I'm "competing", ill gear up....
4. My mag pouches are nothing special. A few custom, a few Blackhawk, they all seem to work the same. Just keep the mags/ bullets forward so you can index....
5. Holster is the same as above, nothing special. Some Blackhawk, some custom. They all work the same as far as I'm concerned.
6. I believe I'm shooting vids with a first gen gopro hero. Ill have to look......thats got me curious......
7. NEVER really had any pushback. The times I have, I know the the persons occupation. In those times, I won't film.....;)
Appreciate the responses! Replies:

1. I'm shooting a P320 Compact in .40 SW. Puts me in the Major category, cuz I can use all the help I can get! :D
Has had the Voluntary Upgrade Program trigger work done to correct the drop-safety issue that came up a few years back, but nothing else. It's my "winter carry" gun, but you make a good suggestion about getting some work done on that trigger to lighten it up a bit more. The VUP lightened it up from the stock 6.5 lbs to about 5.5 lbs right now. I'm thinkin' it could use a bit more "off the top"...
2. My first official comp was on St. Paddy's Day 2019. I did one other official comp in December. All of the others have been running the COF at my range after the official comps have concluded. I'm sorta scared about getting back out there in front of people and making a fool outta myself. I s'pose I shouldn't give a bubblegum about that at my age...
3. Yeah, I hear ya. I got into this kind of shooting to better my DGU skills, not to win medals or notoriety.
4. -
5. I bought a custom holster from Werkz, an outfit outta Idaho who makes them for any fairly common gun, and even with weapon-mounted lights. Thinking I'm gonna have him make me another for the P365 ("summer carry" piece) and my 320 for when the light is on it.
6. I have the Hero3 (ca. 2013), but I'm really more interested in your headgear/camera mount. Looks like you've got something like the insides of a construction hard hat. Looks really stable...
7. I think I missed joke on this one... "...the person's occupation" ...??? o_O

Don't be scared man!!! Who cares what other people think. This is for YOU! F THEM.....Just be safe on the range, pay strict attention to muzzle/finger awareness.
My headgear/camera mount is just whatever it came with. Nothing special. Ill see if I can get a pic of it when I get off work

Yup, on my very first comp last year, my sole goal for the day was not to get DQ'ed. I met my goal. :)
And came in 42nd overall out of 50 shooters, one of whom did DQ.

Would really appreciate if you would go to the trouble of posting a pic of your headgear. TIA!

Yup, on my very first comp last year, my sole goal for the day was not to get DQ'ed. I met my goal. :)
And came in 42nd overall out of 50 shooters, one of whom did DQ.

Would really appreciate if you would go to the trouble of posting a pic of your headgear. TIA!

Thats what I keep telling some of my friends, you don't have to compete, just don't get DQ'd. Its a learning experience. Lots of knowledge at matches. Ill take them out prior to a match and run some simple stuff. Things like commands and muzzle/finger awareness. Its surprising how many times I've been/almost been swept....At least I have control in those situations

The baby back ribs video worked perfectly... Including the central slo-mo portion.

The baby back ribs video worked perfectly... Including the central slo-mo portion.
Correct.
The ribs were uploaded here:
EDA71E09-3E92-40C2-BA4A-F7D72660D5B4.jpeg

While the dog video was uploaded by the Upload Media. Which doesn't work for video.

We are working to help resolve this issue with a member and needed to confirm what happens

Correct.
The ribs were uploaded here:
View attachment 714762

While the dog video was uploaded by the Upload Media. Which doesn't work for video.

We are working to help resolve this issue with a member and needed to confirm what happens
Hmmm... I have used the Upload Media toggle in the bottom of the reply box to great effect.
When I try to use the video camera icon (like you did for the ribs), I get no joy.

Hmmm... I have used the Upload Media toggle in the bottom of the reply box to great effect.
When I try to use the video camera icon (like you did for the ribs), I get no joy.
I'm 99% on mobile.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads