JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i
So I did all this work figuring out how to post vids here, when I only have about 5 videos and all covering the same drill.
Though working this out has inspired me to want to go again soon, I need to find a different drill to video for variety though.

I got a few things for ya mang!!!

Whats funny to me is watching the vids and hearing all the background stuff. I sound like an IDIOT!!! Half of it is adrenaline and the other is the fact I have hearing protection on. LOL

I got a few things for ya mang!!!
Please share ideas. I have a total of 5 target stands and have used some as barricades to move to or shoot around or put one in front of another as a hostage. Been winging the ideas as last time I googled I didnt find much to set up.

Please share ideas. I have a total of 5 target stands and have used some as barricades to move to or shoot around or put one in front of another as a hostage. Been winging the ideas as last time I googled I didnt find much to set up.
My first suggestion would be is to get some USPSA/IPSC or IDPA legal targets. I usually make my own, when I'm bored, out of recycled cardboard. I HATE shooting at target paper unless I'm sighting something in

Try the FAST drill. Fundamentals Accuracy Speed Test....
Will do, that will be my next drill to try... looks really challenging.

I generally run it under 5 sec. Also, get yourself a timer for Christmas (in July). Itll definitely help
That puts you in the expert class according to pistol-training.com. Dam n, I might need some time to catch up to that :)

Will do, that will be my next drill to try... looks really challenging.

That puts you in the expert class according to pistol-training.com. Dam n, I might need some time to catch up to that :)

I'm no "expert" dude, I just pull the trigger.....Pistol Training is a good place. Got a ton of stuff. Lots of great info

@Koda
My first suggestion would be is to get some USPSA/IPSC or IDPA legal targets.
^^^^ THIS! ^^^^

I was never much for taking the time to make targets. I did at first, just once, then said, "WTF, they're cheap!"
MGM sells a box of 100 regulation USPSA/IPSC targets for like $65. Throw in a few more items like a coupla rolls of the brown and one of the white tape, and a few other doo-dads to make the bill over $100, and it ships free.

I second the timer. I have gotten tired of the iPhone stopwatch for this, and you can't really do it with a phone if you go out solo. Get the timer.
I just concluded a few days' worth of online research and came to the conclusion that the best timer for solo/pairs work is the Competition Electronics Pocket Pro 2. I was leanin' really heavily toward it up until last night, when I sent my trainer an email asking about all the timers I had researched. He came back with a reply this morning that clinched it for me. Get the Pocket Pro 2. They're about $120 on BezosMart (Amazon). I'm ordering one this week.

Last Edited:
@Koda

^^^^ THIS! ^^^^

I was never much for taking the time to make targets. I did at first, just once, then said, "WTF, they're cheap!"
MGM sells a box of 100 regulation USPSA/IPSC targets for like $65. Throw in a few more items like a coupla rolls of the brown and one of the white tape, and a few other doo-dads to make the bill over $100, and it ships free.

I second the timer. I have gotten tired of the iPhone stopwatch for this, and you can't really do it with a phone if you go out solo. Get the timer.
I just concluded a few days' worth of online research and came to the conclusion that the best timer for solo/pairs work is the Competition Electronics Pocket Pro 2. I was leanin' really heavily toward it up until last night, when I sent my trainer an email asking about all the timers I had researched. He came back with a reply this morning that clinched it for me. Get the Pocket Pro 2. They're about $120 on BezosMart (Amazon). I'm ordering one this week.

Thats the timer I have, I love it! Been used as a backup at matches

@Koda, run the "old" IDPA classifier. It gives you shooting on the move, barricades, distance etc. I like to play with it every now and again. Its fun. 90 rounds I think.....Throw a few snap caps in there randomly to work through malfs

I need to try that. Hopefully, I won't embarrass myself too badly... :oops:

@sobo @BDA.45 you guys are awesome, I love the advice. I do have IDPA targets, 5 stands, snap caps for malfunction drills (and always practice them), I don't have a real shot timer but have worked my phone app really well.
I remember when I took a full day DH1 class I had no issues, I'm hoping someday when I get to shoot IDPA I will have a similar advantage being a newbie. I do the best I can to follow professional trends and drills, pistol-training has been an incredible bookmark for me and has improved my defensive shooting.
I cant find anything on Google on the 'old' IDPA classifier but can on what I think is the new. If either of you have a drill that will help me master qualifying and competing in IDPA I would work those into my drill routines.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top