JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I read this thread last night and was laughing at people forgetting where they left their firearms...then tonight, I pulled several of my firearms from their safe and couldn't for the life of me find one of my pistols. I started tearing apart my shooting bags and ammo cans and anywhere else it might have gone before I realized I left it in another small handgun safe in another room. I felt foolish for having just previously mocked those that forgot where they left a gun, even if the mocking was in my own head.

Some years back I was attending Haz-Mat tech training at TTCI about 35 miles from Pueblo. In the class were 2 Feebs who both had FBI HRT experience. They were armed at all times with their weapons in fanny packs. One morning just as the bus was pulling out of the parking lot of the motel one of them jumped out of his seat and yelled STOP THE BUS!! He ran back into the motel to retrieve his fanny pack from a couch in the lobby. He was very red-faced when he reboarded the bus. He had a very long day of catching crap from all of us. He also bought Jello shots all night for a class of 20 people.

Amazing that the court houses don't have a depository for your carry guns. Kind of like a coat check or valet parking? :rolleyes:

I believe it is up to each law abiding gun owner to decide what to do in these situations (we can't rely on government to make things easier or convenient for us). I will leave my EDC in the lock box in the truck if I ever have to go into a courthouse (if they have metal detectors visible) if not no one will ever know I'm armed (unless some dolt starts shooting)!!!

One XMas while visiting family in another state, that was after 9/11, I had a Glock in my bag. I was driving, so it wasn't a problem for me, but some other family had flown from the same area I lived in. When it came time for somebody to take them to the airport the driver mistakenly grabbed my bag in addition to theirs.

Long story short, by the time I was able to call them they had already check the bag.

It went through fine with no one saying a word.

I got my bag back when I went home.

So you got the bag back what about the pistol? :s0114:

I carried my Glock into the BPA building back in 1998, where I had gone for lunch many times before.
Not realizing it was a federal building.
This time, I had to pee and when I headed for the rest rooms, lo and behold, a checkpoint.
They allowed me to leave it there until I finished lunch and the I had to leave from a different door and walk around the building to leave the area.

I got lucky, that day, I doubt that it would turn out the same, now.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top