JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The only one that is refusing to accept responsibility for its own actions, is what you call "The system", you like to imagine you're void of responsibility outside of your own definitions. Exactly like a 'criminal'. Btw i have no idea who this guy the OP is talking about. He is not my friend anymore or less than you are.

Go then, get away from "The system". See if you can get the same treatment and rights you have here in the EU or the UAE. Go to China, see if you can have some fun.

It sucks, but in some countries we wouldn't be discussing this, we would be discussing funeral arrangements.

This country has its problems, but this law is widely known, thanks to MADD there is hardly a middle-high school that does not know the dangers of drinking and driving. You can't claim ignorance, only stupidity. Once you have proven yourself to be a burden to society, and a non-beneficial member of society, you lose rights. This wasn't a huge problem 100+ years ago because they either beat your @$$ or killed you for breaking a law for the most part.

Go then, get away from "The system". See if you can get the same treatment and rights you have here in the EU or the UAE. Go to China, see if you can have some fun.

It sucks, but in some countries we wouldn't be discussing this, we would be discussing funeral arrangements.

This country has its problems, but this law is widely known, thanks to MADD there is hardly a middle-high school that does not know the dangers of drinking and driving. You can't claim ignorance, only stupidity. Once you have proven yourself to be a burden to society, and a non-beneficial member of society, you lose rights. This wasn't a huge problem 100+ years ago because they either beat your @$$ or killed you for breaking a law for the most part.
+1. He was caught driving under the influence three times. How many times did he not get caught? The OP's friend is a felon and he is trying justifiy it at a gun board and looking for sympathy from us law-abiding citizens. For all we know, OP MIGHT BE TALKING ABOUT HIMSELF. LOL! FAMOUS LAST WORDS: I AM STILL SOBER ENOUGH TO DRIVE!!!

I totally hear what you are saying, but what about the MDs that agree with them?

As to the OP, I do know a couple of them and IMO its all BS. One in particular was convicted of insurance fraud for reporting his car stereo stolen, collecting on it then pawning it on top of a DUI back when he was 18.

Do I condone his actions? Of course not. Does he deserve to lose his rights to own firearms? I don’t think so, not even close. Bottom line, its all about control, the more felons the fewer people that can legally own guns.

The reason alcoholism and addiction have been tagged a disease is purely about the money. If it is a disease then it becomes possible to get government funding for treatment programs, and allows the person to go on SSI.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top