JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Its interesting you brought up sex offenders. Ill give you an example of justice gone askew with that.

Texas Man: Sex Offender for Having Sex with Wife

Man has sex with 15 year old girl when he was 19. The mother decided to teach him a lesson and call the police. Police decide to charge him with a sex offense. It's 15 years later, he's still a sex offender, and married the woman he had sex with at 19.

"A Texas man has spent the past 15 years of his life labeled as a sex offender, all because he had sex with his wife when they were both teenagers.

Frank Rodriguez, now 34 years old, was 19 when he met his now-wife Nikki. She was 15, and her mother didn't like it. So she took Nikki to a police station and reported that Rodriguez was having sex with a minor. The age of consent in Texas is 17."

You can be a sex offender for life for peeing on a tree.

Its interesting you brought up sex offenders. Ill give you an example of justice gone askew with that.

Texas Man: Sex Offender for Having Sex with Wife

Man has sex with 15 year old girl when he was 19. The mother decided to teach him a lesson and call the police. Police decide to charge him with a sex offense. It's 15 years later, he's still a sex offender, and married the woman he had sex with at 19.

"A Texas man has spent the past 15 years of his life labeled as a sex offender, all because he had sex with his wife when they were both teenagers.

Frank Rodriguez, now 34 years old, was 19 when he met his now-wife Nikki. She was 15, and her mother didn't like it. So she took Nikki to a police station and reported that Rodriguez was having sex with a minor. The age of consent in Texas is 17."

Texas Statutory Rape Law

§ 22. 011

Sexual assault for anyone to intentionally or knowingly penetrate a person under age 17, other than his spouse. The actor has an affirmative defense if he is not more than three years older than the victim, who is at least age 14

Two to 20 years in prison

At the current time they were not married, meaning he broke the law. This guy was a moron and is paying the price for being stupid. Would you want your 15 year old daughter around this guy? I sure as hell wouldn't. I also love how they have it labeled on the screen "Accidental Sex Offense Ruined Life". Not to borrow quotes from movies, but am I to believe this guy tripped, fell, and got his **** stuck in a 15 year old girl?

Texas Statutory Rape Law

§ 22. 011

Sexual assault for anyone to intentionally or knowingly penetrate a person under age 17, other than his spouse. The actor has an affirmative defense if he is not more than three years older than the victim, who is at least age 14

At the current time they were not married, meaning he broke the law. This guy was a moron and is paying the price for being stupid. Would you want your 15 year old daughter around this guy? I sure as hell wouldn't.

Myself being a 15 year old male at one time & being with a 15 year old girl at the time, no i could care less if this guy was around my 15 year old daughter any differently than a 15 year old guy. Trying to direct human nature becomes the real freak show if you ask me.

The wife and anyone legal in the house can buy and own as many guns as they like. Buy a safe too.

I didn't think a felon could have a gun anywhere near them, if there was any way they could get to it. Even locked in a safe might not be good enough if the could get the combination to open it.

I used to work around a felon and he made sure everyone knew he couldn't be around guns in any way. I carried everyday but never told him.

Myself being a 15 year old male at one time & being with a 15 year old girl at the time, no i could care less if this guy was around my 15 year old daughter any differently than a 15 year old guy. Trying to direct human nature becomes the real freak show if you ask me.

I was 15 one time too. What I am saying though that me at 15, no car, pimples, and being a loser, compared to being 19, able to buy cigarettes, having a car, and being out of school, there is a huge difference in mental states in those four years. If you say their isn't then you are only lying to yourself. There is huge differences between me at 18 and me at 31 as well, however I have always did my best to follow the law. And being in Texas, I can tell you the guy knew the law. 17 and under is a huge no no.

I say he who is without sin shall cast the first stone. Lawmakers if law makers intended on arresting 18 year old men for having sex with 17 year old girl friends, they wouldn't be passing a slew of Romeo and Juliet laws.

I didn't think a felon could have a gun anywhere near them, if there was any way they could get to it. Even locked in a safe might not be good enough if the could get the combination to open it.

I used to work around a felon and he made sure everyone knew he couldn't be around guns in any way. I carried everyday but never told him.

The guy you worked with was paranoid probably because he didn't want to get the blame if someone else that worked there did something dumb with a gun. However from Virginia to Oregon a person that is legal to own firearms can buy/sale & have on their persons & in their homes regardless if their spouse, child or roomate etc.. is a felon. The only reason i said get a safe is just to be safe. However if the wife was going to get killed by a intruder and the only way she could be saved was if the felon grabbed her gun and killed the attempted killer, I'd sure as h3ll would want him to save me or anyone i loved. Just as the recent court actions that cleared the felon clerk that used the perps own gun on himself, he was found not guilty. Rightfully so.

I say he who is without sin shall cast the first stone. Lawmakers if law makers intended on arresting 18 year old men for having sex with 17 year old girl friends, they wouldn't be passing a slew of Romeo and Juliet laws.
If you want to quote the bible, then I suggest you be a good little sheep and adhere to Romans 13: 1-4 1 Obey the government, for God is the one who put it there. All governments have been placed in power by God. 2 So those who refuse to obey the laws of the land are refusing to obey God, and punishment will follow. 3 For the authorities do not frighten people who are doing right, but they frighten those who do wrong. So do what they say, and you will get along well. 4 The authorities are sent by God to help you. But if you are doing something wrong, of course you should be afraid, for you will be punished. The authorities are established by God for that very purpose, to punish those who do wrong..

This is the punishment for not obeying the government, and for you to question it or complain is to question or complain about God. How dare you!

I was 15 one time too. What I am saying though that me at 15, no car, pimples, and being a loser, compared to being 19, able to buy cigarettes, having a car, and being out of school, there is a huge difference in mental states in those four years. If you say their isn't then you are only lying to yourself. There is huge differences between me at 18 and me at 31 as well, however I have always did my best to follow the law. And being in Texas, I can tell you the guy knew the law. 17 and under is a huge no no.

There was no difference at 15 in me or any male or female in my high school at that age or when we were all 19.... I don't know where you went to school lol

As stated by Kelzbubba:

"Texas Statutory Rape Law

§ 22. 011

At the current time they were not married, meaning he broke the law. This guy was a moron and is paying the price for being stupid. Would you want your 15 year old daughter around this guy? I sure as hell wouldn't."

The specific scenario you listed would be defensible under Texas law...
Also, "he who is without sin shall cast the first stone" is not a catch all for not having standards laws etc...

If you want to quote the bible, then I suggest you be a good little sheep and adhere to Romans 13: 1-4 1 Obey the government, for God is the one who put it there. All governments have been placed in power by God. 2 So those who refuse to obey the laws of the land are refusing to obey God, and punishment will follow. 3 For the authorities do not frighten people who are doing right, but they frighten those who do wrong. So do what they say, and you will get along well. 4 The authorities are sent by God to help you. But if you are doing something wrong, of course you should be afraid, for you will be punished. The authorities are established by God for that very purpose, to punish those who do wrong..

This is the punishment for not obeying the government, and for you to question it or complain is to question or complain about God. How dare you!

There's nothing wrong with not obeying the Government. I don't know or care what man wrote the bible anymore than I care what man writes a law for the government.

There's nothing wrong with not obeying the Government. I don't know or care what man wrote the bible anymore than I care what man writes a law for the government.

Were you quoting the bible, no I asked you a different set of questions, here let me ask them again so I can get an answer.

When you were 15 years old, could you possess a full time job? Did you have a driver's license? Did you own a car? Could you buy cigarettes? Would you be tried as an adult for most crimes committed?

When you were 19 did you have to attend high school? Would you still be tried as a juvenile in court? Did you have more disposable income?

Answer these questions, of course your answers will only serve to invalidate your previous argument.

I think the laws are unfair in this country, or poorly written. THey were written by ideologues in a bad attempt to legislate morality onto people rather than trying to reduce crime in the country. Thats basically what studying criminal justice is all about at the UMSL, poor laws written that did nothing but cast a wide net that caught people in it with no mal intent in the commission of what qualifies as crime.

Take the war on drugs for example. THe war on drugs is a battle between realists and ideologues. Ideologues think that they can change the world by legislating morality onto people, and the realists (me) just want to live and let live, letting self-determinism be the guiding hand of fate.

One example of bad laws, or at least ones that have no affect on human behavior is the cut off for being charged as an adult vs charged as a minor. They have found no reduction in crime between the ages of 17 and 18, just because the penalties grow vastly harsher if you commit crime at the age of 18.

Is the goal to incarcerate people, or to reduce crime? I think most US politicians just want to incarcerate people and get them into the system as evidenced by having 5% of the world's population and 25% of the world's prison population.

So you had a driver's license at 15, a full time job and more money than at 15? You could buy cigarettes at 15? You didn't have a locally enforced curfew? You had to go to high school at 19? Tell me, you said there was no difference, how is that?

I grew up in a rural area, so thankfully there was no police, nor crime that ever effected any of us. So no curfew that was locally enforced but it was enforced by parents as it should be left up to. At 19 they didnt go to high school but they knew the freshman the year before when they were seniors no different than any other high school. You act like because people dont have drivers license's and aren't old enough to buy cigarettes that they didn't find a way to get somewhere or smoke. I dont smoke, never have but what someone else wants to do with their own body. Thats their business.

I grew up in a rural area, so thankfully there was no police, nor crime that ever effected any of us. So no curfew that was locally enforced but it was enforced by parents as it should be left up to. At 19 they didnt go to high school but they knew the freshman the year before when they were seniors no different than any other high school. You act like because people dont have drivers license's and aren't old enough to buy cigarettes that they didn't find a way to get somewhere or smoke. I dont smoke, never have but what someone else wants to do with their own body. Thats their business.

Also the problem with kids today are the same problems we have with adults today. I don't try to control my kids judgement, i try to guide their judgement. When a kid grows up only knowing to have their actions controlled (every governments wet dream) they wouldn't recognise good guidance if it slapped em upside the head.

I think the laws are unfair in this country, or poorly written. THey were written by ideologues in a bad attempt to legislate morality onto people rather than trying to reduce crime in the country. Thats basically what studying criminal justice is all about at the UMSL, poor laws written that did nothing but cast a wide net that caught people in it with no mal intent in the commission of what qualifies as crime.

Take the war on drugs for example. THe war on drugs is a battle between realists and ideologues. Ideologues think that they can change the world by legislating morality onto people, and the realists (me) just want to live and let live, letting self-determinism be the guiding hand of fate.

Fair or unfair, they are what they are. Too many people sat with their thumbs up their butts. But idiots that drink and drive three times to hit felony, it is three strikes and they are now out. I don't care if he doesn't have alcohol for the rest of his life, he has proven he is irresponsible and is prone to not just a momentary lapse in judgement, but multiples. I can say this because I am not emotionally attached as you are, he broke the law, proved he had bad judgement, thankfully he didn't kill anyone with his reckless judgement. However who is to say that he gets this all behind him and has another "lapse" this time not only is he driving drunk, but also armed. If I were gambling, I don't like the odds. I view this as a bad investment. He should spend his time and energy reaching out to others to ensure they don't make the same mistake he made, three times over. However he is showing very self-entitled behaviors in complaining about his punishment.

I mean if he thinks it is unfair, then he can go and talk to some kids who lost their parents due to someone driving drunk and explain how unfair it is he can't own a gun, and he should be able to. When they ask him if they can have their mommy and daddy back and it isn't fair they are dead we can see if he has any conscious at all. Sorry but your friend can find my definition of sympathy in the dictionary between sh** and syphilis.

Also the problem with kids today are the same problems we have with adults today. I don't try to control my kids judgement, i try to guide their judgement. When a kid grows up only knowing to have their actions controlled (every governments wet dream) they wouldn't recognise good guidance if it slapped em upside the head.

The law sir, obey the law. There are rules set up in the forms of laws. This conversation would not be happening if the laws were followed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top