Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Know any employers looking for people?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Page.k, May 24, 2012.

1. Page.k

Page.k Seattle Active Member

2. Bajablast

Bajablast Hillsboro, OR Active Member

My company is hiring CDL drivers for delivery. Must have good driving record, and be reliable. Some overnights required. My company covers the NW. $50K to start......

PM me for Company info

-------------------------------------------------------------

Capitalism is BO$$!!!

3. Page.k

I'm not looking but trying to get the word out so that a VET can be helped. And in this case it's a win win for the employers and vets.
    [h=2][/h]

4. moose

moose northwet coast Well-Known Member

We've got 5 open positions and have had for a while. But, they are not entry level and have very specialized qualifactions. Last person we hired was out of Moscow, Russia. It shouldn't be but good help is very hard to find.

5. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

Care to elaborate what type of job(s) you're talking about Moose?

6. aflineman

aflineman Both South of Eugene and East of Portland. Active Member

USACE is hiring. If you qualify for Voc Rehab through the VA, you should have a leg up for a job.
    The VA is also hiring. Both employers allow a qualified Vet to hand their application and other papers directly in to the HR office of the hiring agency.

7. Page.k

That's great to know. I'll tell some of the Vet's I know in the Portland area.

8. Godfather911

Godfather911 Springfield, OR. Member

Try INDEED.COM. when I re-located from Colorado to Washington this past year, my in-law's told me about it. It's a job search network. Upload a resume and goes out to multiple employers. I applied for 5 jobs and within I was offered 4 of them. One to give you a reference, was working on the North Slope of Alaska for an Oil company. Great pay and benes. 2 weeks on 1 week off. Also offed a job working for ThyssenKrupp, hauling aircraft parts for Boeing in Seattle area,sometimes Everrett etc. 8hrs a day,5 days a week. 2 weeks first year vacation. Honestly, I have had ALOT of jobs following my wife around the world,her being Airforce and that was the BEST job I had. I am a Marine Vet BTW.
    Try INDEED . It's a national web/job locater. Any questions, please don't hesitate to PM. glad to help. We are all in the same boat...SEMPER FI!

Edited: INDEED list ALL sorts of jobs, not just driving or just for vets BTW, this was my Profession for many years. There are high paying jobs and careers on there. One of the best job search web locaters I have ever used. Good luck!

9. pbandshay

pbandshay Soon to be Costal Oregon New Member

I will be moving to Lincoln County, OR the middle of July. I am currently in Pre-press at the local newspaper. We recently added a sheetfed operation around the beginning of the year. I have become experienced with setting up signatures of many types. If anyone knows of any job in the printing industry I am willing to do anything. I could learn press work or even finishing and bindery.
    I figured I would put this here because I believe in networking to find jobs. I do have Skype if needed to do a remote video interview. I am moving with or without a job just to make it clear I am dedicated about getting there.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2