JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Back in the seventies I lived in a mountain community near an Indian reservation. The locals on the reservation had a game they called "Coldcock". Took place in a bar and one guy was "It". When someone walked in the door, "It" would try to "Coldcock" the guy with one punch. Whom ever the victim was, was picked up, bought a beer and then they were "It". I drank elsewhere.

That is why if you carry you ALWAYS CARRY and be prepared to protect yourself. As in this case the coppers only get there in time to clean up the mess, hopefully not you, and do the paperwork.
As in this case the perp will be free to go before the victim is cleared . . .
America, Hasn't it become a wonderful place?

Sheldon

But on this day in Lansing, there would be no punch. The teen-age attacker had a stun gun. He did not know his would-be victim was carrying a legally concealed pistol.

The teen lost the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
A California prison inmate serving 14 years for robbery received a heart transplant earlier this month, renewing a debate about who deserves to get desperately needed organs.

The taxpayer-supported transplant, expected to cost $1 million with follow-up care, occurred as 500 Californians waited for hearts. The operation saved the 31-year-old inmate from dying of a viral heart condition, said Russ Heimerich, spokesman for the California Department of Corrections.

"You have to wonder if a law-abiding, taxpaying citizen drew one last breath while Jailhouse Joe was getting a second wind," wrote Los Angeles Times columnist Steve Lopez.

A California prison inmate serving 14 years for robbery received a heart transplant earlier this month, renewing a debate about who deserves to get desperately needed organs.

The taxpayer-supported transplant, expected to cost $1 million with follow-up care, occurred as 500 Californians waited for hearts. The operation saved the 31-year-old inmate from dying of a viral heart condition, said Russ Heimerich, spokesman for the California Department of Corrections.

"You have to wonder if a law-abiding, taxpaying citizen drew one last breath while Jailhouse Joe was getting a second wind," wrote Los Angeles Times columnist Steve Lopez.

Yes jbett98.....but don't you think helping that poor guy in that cold, evil, dark cell made all those Bay Area voters feel all warm and fuzzy? I mean, how can they expect to rehabilitate the guy back into a valuable member of society if he dies? ( end sarcasm)

My problem is that I look like a smaller Vin Diesel, shaved bald head and all. So, I don't really fit in too well in those places. Plus, when I'm in the cities, my wife claims that I have an " eff-you" look and intense vibe. So, I'm thinking most people think I'm still active military or a cop.

Simply put you exude "I am Not a Victim" Move on.
It works.

Simon - no disrespect intended but I hope not to the above as an 'Eff You look or intense vibe' is not necessary for either an active duty troop or an LEO.

No disrespect taken RV...just a figure of speech I guess. I will say that spending years in the Middle Eastern sandbox does make you have an intense vibe

Yes jbett98.....but don't you think helping that poor guy in that cold, evil, dark cell made all those Bay Area voters feel all warm and fuzzy? I mean, how can they expect to rehabilitate the guy back into a valuable member of society if he dies? ( end sarcasm)

My Brother-in-law is waiting for a donor heart.
With all of the mandatory helmet safety laws and other safety preventions, there are far fewer donated organs to go around.
He is currently on a heart pump waiting for a miracle.

Strangest thing is that he was the healthiest guy I knew. No smoking, drinking or drugs. Had a work ethic that would put the Amish to shame.
He contacted a virus that attacked his heart, and it all went downhill from there.
The weird thing about the heart pump, is that you don't have a pulse, just a constant pressure flow of blood through your body.
He's been house bound for over a year now. That alone would drive me crazy, but he's hanging in there and very hopeful.
Very interesting guy, was an electrician on a nuclear missile sub and also worked down at the South Pole.

Strangest thing is that he was the healthiest guy I knew. No smoking, drinking or drugs. Had a work ethic that would put the Amish to shame.
He contacted a virus that attacked his heart, and it all went downhill from there.
The weird thing about the heart pump, is that you don't have a pulse, just a constant pressure flow of blood through your body.
He's been house bound for over a year now. That alone would drive me crazy, but he's hanging in there and very hopeful.
Very interesting guy, was an electrician on a nuclear missile sub and also worked down at the South Pole.

Interesting....
Our bodies are complex machines.

I've been a donor on my license since day one. When I die start a carvin' - help yourself to anything you want and throw the rest in a dumpster. I am also reckless and careless, so it is just a matter of time, helmet or not.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top