JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
DSC06039.jpg DSC06054.jpg
I will carry a fixed blade every once in a while.
Here are some of my EDC's.
None of the four pictured are fancy , but all are sharp and useful
from the bottom up:
Case two blade trapper with carbon steel blades.
Camillus "Demo knife" , that followed me home from the army. ( stainless )
Camillus TL-29 model , carbon steel.
And the top knife is a custom made one . Carbon steel with a overall length of 7 inches and a 3 inch blade.
Andy

Last Edited:
I'd love to be able to carry a fixed blade but I'm not super familiar with oregon and Washington law about it

If you EVER go into Vancouver City proper - NO fixed blades of any size period!

That's why I carry a 3.25" folder. Every city I can find in the area it will be legal.

Vancouver allows fixed blades in tool boxes or with hunting gear on your way to the boonies etc but that's about it.

City by city or at the Officer's discretion. All of which is a really big PITA.
I am not really into anyone saying what I can carry or how , but Washington could use a "standard" regarding knife carrying laws / rules.
I have not been hassled by carrying any of my fixed blades either openly or with a shirt or jacket covering most of the scabbard , but maybe I've just been lucky...
Andy

Good to know Joe , thanks.
Andy

Met a car salesman that recognized my maxpidition bag and was so excited that he went to the back and brought out his bag (I was in the service area for a part). The very first thing he showed me was a 10-12" fixed blade kukuri that was strapped to the back of it.

I politely asked him to step over to a corner with me (as there were many people there) and let him know that Vancouver City has a corn cob up the wrong hole about fixed blade knives and he may want to verify that and consider an alternative.

Also my wife still is in disbelief about the fact that I carry a fixed blade around the house and have to switch it out to a folder when we leave the house 'just in case' we end up in Vancouver (the handle and blade length are identical). Although I can carry the same pistol in the house and anywhere I want to drive within 6 hours of my house.

I carry a 3 inch folder with a seat belt cutter and glass punch on it, in my left front pocket. I also carry a 2 inch folder in the front belt area.

I have fixed blade 8 inch knives in sheaths in the left door pockets of both my vehicles, and another one in a rear side pocket in my Explorer. Plus 2 more in back packs. Estate and garage sales are great for getting these.

What are the laws on assisted opening folders?
I thought they were illegal.
However I carry one 24/7.
It's a benchmade drop point half serrated. Getting a little beat up though. I use it for work a lot.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top