JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How many knives do you got?

• Total voters
MANY Moons back I began purchasing the Gerber Kitchen Knives and we use them every day. I purchased their Carving Set for my Folks and a second set for my In-Laws. They are going to last a Lifetime or TWO.

Decades back Wife spent some ungodly amount of money of some German Made knives. At the time I thought it seemed a waste but damn if they do not hold up well. I had to later buy her some of those gloves with Kevlar lining. Twice she ended up at an Urgent care trying to use the knives of fresh pineapple and gave herself a nasty cut. Second time it happened she had the glove but was too lazy to put it on. Told her next time I was taking the damn knives the the Goodwill :eek::eek::eek::s0140:

I've got piles and piles of knives, collected them when I was a kid and...well, never grew up.
I buy my little CRKT m16-10's 4 or 5 at a time, since I'm always giving them to friends and family. Give away my last one, buy another little pile. Though lately I've been carrying a Kershaw Leek, the thing is just so pretty

Speaking of Gerber, anyone had problems with their steel quality lately? I bought one of their machetes, and the thing just did not hold up at all. I went back to the old $6 blister pack machete from Walmart. They may not be pretty, but they'll survive any task you put them to.

I've got piles and piles of knives, collected them when I was a kid and...well, never grew up.
I buy my little CRKT m16-10's 4 or 5 at a time, since I'm always giving them to friends and family. Give away my last one, buy another little pile. Though lately I've been carrying a Kershaw Leek, the thing is just so pretty

Speaking of Gerber, anyone had problems with their steel quality lately? I bought one of their machetes, and the thing just did not hold up at all. I went back to the old $6 blister pack machete from Walmart. They may not be pretty, but they'll survive any task you put them to.
Carried a leek for a very long time. Then went to the blur for a few years. Damn good knives. The blur still goes into my carry rotations.

10 "Knives" in the straight blade / pocket knife variety
I have about 5-10 box-cutter/carpet/putty/cardboard/x-acto knives in the various tool boxes

Cookie Monster has a few words for all of you.
9F75257B-326D-47AD-9DE7-2152EBF89977.jpeg

Wow. That's a crazy box.

Also. It doesn't look bolted down. :)

I can't reply to the poll because there is no box for 10 to 20 knives. I am not talking about kitchen knives when I talk about that total. I did not count them and it may be a bit under or a bit over 20 knives.

I ALWAYS carry a knife on me. Fanny pack or in a purse. In my yard, I carry one in my pocket, on a belt or in a fanny pack. In the woods or about town in a fanny pack and/or purse.

I am a knife lady.

I like axes and 'hawks too.

I used to own more knives and some of them were my late husband's and some of them were my MT husband's too. Gifts to me.

My MT husband used to own more knives too.

I only use fixed blade knives now.

We only sold a few knives and the rest of them were gifts to friends, family and towards a charity/church thrift store that helps Veterans and other people locally.

I own:

Ka-Bar - Made in New York (Three for sure.)
Buck - Made in Idaho (Several)
Finnish Rapala knife. (One.)
Two Swedish Mora knives.
Two Idaho Tops knives.
One Canadian - Grohmann Original # 1

^^^
ALL fixed blade knives in various sizes for conceal and open carry.

My husband had some custom made smaller fixed blade knives made for him and he wanted me to pick one or two of them but I still have not made up my mind on them yet. I helped pick out the wood handles for them in 3 to 4 types of wood. Custom made leather sheaths. I picked out a couple of patterns on two of them when he was looking at the blades alone - full tang too. Made in Idaho blades - Robert Martin. A MT friend of his made his handles and sheaths.

The English and German knives were folding/pocket knives and gifted.

The folding military knives (USA) were gifted.

The (USA) Vietnam era survival knife/case/stone was sold.

My French Opinel knife, various older NY knives and Case - PA knives were gifted to my MT husband. Folding knives.

My sweet Buck (Idaho) folding knives were given to my MT husband since I can only use fixed blade knives now.

The Japanese knife that was given to me was gifted back to my husband since it did not suit my hands and grip. He had quit using it and thought that I might like it. He sold that one. It was a beautiful knife but it did not work for me.

Cate

Not including table and steak knives, I probably have closer to 40 than 20, maybe more than forty but probably not 50 or more - your poll has a gap between 40 and 50.

I am a prepper, decent knives are inexpensive to collect and make good trade goods - so I often buy more than one of a good value inexpensive knife (under $50) - like the Moras and some Gerbers. I don't have very many knives that cost more than $50 - just a couple (e.g., a couple of Falknivens).

Most of them are of a similar style to the Gerber LMFII - almost all have a rubber grip.

A few are a fighting knife style, just to have - not because I can actually use them; I would probably last about 5 seconds in a knife fight. One is a copy/clone of the Christopher Reeves hollow handle 'survival' knife - heavy and not very useful IMO - but I just had to have it.

I have given my kids at least 3-4 different kinds of knives for their preps too.

Nah I can stop any time I want to...

Looks around, 6 within reach, and a few others just out of reach, another 5 on the dresser, ...

Hmm, I may have a cutting edge problem.
Cutting edge problem.

I like it!

.....A few are a fighting knife style, just to have - not because I can actually use them; I would probably last about 5 seconds in a knife fight. One is a copy/clone of the Christopher Reeves hollow handle 'survival' knife - heavy and not very useful IMO - but I just had to have it......

Hear you loud and clear on this! Gotta have it, just cuz. Ya never know. Of late my choices have narrowed down some and trended back to my basics.. Buck 119 and 120 and CS Trailmaster (looking for a Recon Scout, can't find them right now).
Ive wondered long about the Schrade copies of the Reeves, which come in several sizes and blade styles... Forget what it's called by Schrade. Is that what you have? They are all forged/ground from one piece of steel, they claim.. TY, Dun

Last Edited:
Hear you loud and clear on this! Gotta have it, just cuz. Ya never know. Of late my choices have narrowed down some and trended back to my basics.. Buck 119 and 120 and CS Trailmaster (looking for a Recon Scout, can't find them right now).
Ive wondered long about the Schrade copies of the Reeves, which come in several sizes and blade styles... Forget what it's called by Schrade. Is that what you have? They are all forged/ground from one piece of steel, they claim.. TY, Dun

I bought the SCHF1 with the 7.5" blade - partially serrated.

I believe the other one is the SCHF2SM with a 5.6" blade - that is advertised as being drop forged one piece, not sure about the SCHF1, but it probably is too.

Either one is not my favorite.

Got a bunch.
Started with Cold Steel then bought shiny objects at Big 5 and gun shows. Ultimately I moved up to Al Mar, Busse and Randall. My pride and joy is a Mad Dog ATAKII.

Not so much their steel quality per se, but their build quality... Maybe they are made in Red China now, but Ive had a couple of their folders and spring-assist knives kinda fall apart... very disappointed in those and has put me off buying new Mark II.. My original Mk1 is the cat's meow as is an older belt-carry folder, great steel and construction... If they are going to make em in Red China they could at least do as Cold Steel does and monitor their production and quality.

A liberal might say.....

"You only have 2 hands. So, why own more than 2 guns?"

Now, replace guns with knives. I guess that's a "reasonable restriction" too. Right????

Aloha, Mark

I have a lot. Been collecting auto knives and butterfly knives for 30 years. As I am getting older and don't want my wife to sell them for what I told her I paid for them, :eek:, after I am gone, I have started selling them off. Probably sold 30 over the last few months. Many more to go.
Wife never liked me buying so many knives, but she was very happy after I sold some and made a large down payment on a new car for her.
I'd like to know what you have left for sale, please.

OMG?!?!?!? Unsecured knives all over the home?!?!?!

Sounds like an opportunity for a libtard politician to push for safe keeping legislation.

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top