Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Knive versus Gun - a few interesting ideas in this vid

Discussion in 'Education & Training' started by ATCclears, Dec 17, 2013.

1. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

2. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

I teach the knife and at close range it is quite deadly

[video=youtube;mk-EVLyIpts]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk-EVLyIpts[/video]

1 person likes this.
  3. Blitzkrieg

[video=youtube;DJGyxBgf0Is]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJGyxBgf0Is[/video]

4. simon99

simon99 Central Oregon Well-Known Member

Bladed weapons are very effective if you are trained to use them. If you're not experienced in hand to hand combat or bladed weapons training, you could end up in serious trouble. Personally, I carry a knife every day, but would never even consider using it before I would my firearm.

5. Spray-n-pray

Spray-n-pray Battle Ground Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

Good video, but what's up with the live background bongo music?

6. Blitzkrieg

Kali is an art carried from ancient India (assassins art) thru the Philippines where the bongo is used for timing in drills

7. WARCHOP37

WARCHOP37 Lake Stevens Member

Ah, Kali-Eskrima...the wonderful world of Filipino Knife/Stick Fighting. Gotta love it!

8. Blitzkrieg

I do, and teach it

9. WARCHOP37

I have a ton of family and friends who practice but i have never been able to myself. Don't know of many places here in WA that teach where I'm at, but I'd love to get into it.

10. Blitzkrieg

I'm in Lacey and always looking for serious training partners. The problem is there are very few who will stick with it, pun intended. It's part of JKD

11. WARCHOP37

Ah yes, almost forgot!

12. Blitzkrieg

Three variants but the "mother" art is Kali. All are excellent weapons arts (including improvised weapons, I have a teaching on the origins and the great value of that with students) and not too shabby open hand, either. Guntings rock

Here's one of my favorite South Pacific/Philipino arts, not many people can teach it and I can tell you everyone freaks when they first experience it, including life long MAists

[video=youtube;6As1h54LKzc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6As1h54LKzc[/video]

13. Blitzkrieg

This is the famous fight scene from Enter the Dragon where Bruce takes up various weapons from enemies and teaches them how they are used. He had trained with his buddy Dan Inosanto, who was Vunak's sifu. I was initially trained by a family friend of the Bruces who also studied under Inosanto. In real world fights we don't kick as high as some kicks he did here for the theatrical effect, but of course he was a phenomenal kicker

To the thread intent my point is there are weapons all around you, even things that most don't consider weapons. The lowly shoestring is one which was employed by Kali assassins ;)

[video=youtube;bmqwlMoZX8U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmqwlMoZX8U[/video]

14. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

What is it, if under 25 feet or something, a guy with a knife will be on you before you draw or something? I cant imagine though fighting a guy that knew how to knife fight, even with a gun. even if you get a shot off and kill him, i bet you end up bleeding out.

15. Blitzkrieg

Some are suggesting after testing the theory that 30 feet should be more appropriate. Lots of people even in armor died under blades and blunt weapons in the old days. Take them seriously because Bruce said the most dangerous man is a crazy man. Now add a hand weapon

16. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

you just made me think of Brian Blessed in Henry the V grinning as he wails on a Frenchman's shield with a mace.

17. fd15k

fd15k Tigard,OR Well-Known Member

According to one very well respected gentleman, Kali, Arnis and Eskrima are the names for the same thing.

[video=youtube;aAvfPQW47wY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAvfPQW47wY&noredirect=1[/video]

18. Blitzkrieg

Maces are devastating and Brian Blessed is very, very cool

19. Blitzkrieg

Each name refers to to training methods that varied according to each province, all are excellent, Kali is the mother art

20. Blitzkrieg