JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Do any of you out there face restrictions on having knives at work? Are they absurd?

For example: I work for a very large ambulance company. Their policy is to not allow any fixed blade knives at all, but folding knives are ok as long as the blade is less than 6" (!?!?) in length.

Greg

My brother used to work at the FDA in KC. He had one of those tiny Swiss Army knives that he would use for opening mail. The security desk told him that it was prohibited to have there, but they had issued him a box cutter for opening boxes. When he asked them why it was OK for him to have a box cutter, the same "weapon" the 9/11 highjackers used, but not his tiny Swiss Army knife the security guard just said "Oh, shut up!".

I am happy to say we have no knife, or other weapon*cough*tool*cough* at work besides firearms, despite having heard many stories from upper management about the benefits of carrying while on the job. I think it's most likely one of those, "Legally it's better for us to tell you not to, but we're going to use the don't ask, don't tell policy here"

I always carry a 3" Blade on my 1 belt loop just for seat belt removal. Which i have never needed. Although it has been very handy for many other purposes. Plus policy's are what they are. You were hired and its in the contract you signed.
Be well.

I'm not suppose to have any knife on RR property, or other weapon. I carry my Benchmade everyday and FRA has never said anything. I also go into the ports a lot, many of them have large signs saying NO KNIVES, GUNS, EXPLOSIVES, ... . I may or may not follow the signs... My pocket knife is a tool. I did feel a little nervous carrying my Infidel. I don't think the "oh, it's just my pocket knife, sorry..." excuse would work well.

I worked for a company that had a "no weapons" policy. I never thought of my Kershaw Leek as a weapon, just a pocket knife. But they told me I couldn't have it there. But it was OK to carry my Leatherman Wave. Have you seen the blades on that baby!

Makes no sense!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews