JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm with the store manager on this one. Businesses should have every right to refuse service. If knifey didn't like the policy, take your your money elsewhere.

How is this any different from someone deciding to open carry a pistol and and anyone at any store deciding they don't want to serve him because of that?

Plus - the "we reserve the right to refuse service" has been totally debunked and shredded by the left already. In fact, an unfortunate cake baker didn't want to make a gay wedding cake and he got the pants sue'd off him, the argument being that he discriminated against them due to their sexual orientation.

Open carrying is a civil right, this customer was discriminated against for exercising a civil right, and I hope he sue's MD for it.

:s0161: Wouldn't have had this issue if he had used the drive up window. I wonder if he's bright enough to know about folding karambit's. Washington knife laws vary from one city to the next, kind of surprised a fixed blade is legal to carry in Everett.

:s0161: Wouldn't have had this issue if he had used the drive up window. I wonder if he's bright enough to know about folding karambit's. Washington knife laws vary from one city to the next, kind of surprised a fixed blade is legal to carry in Everett.
This is what will happen to firearms carry is 1374 passes....you won't know what the laws are in each city. CALL YOUR REP!!

I'm with the store manager on this one. Businesses should have every right to refuse service. If knifey didn't like the policy, take your your money elsewhere.

I always surprised how often someone says something like this on this forum.. this is supposed to be a freedom loving group of folks I thought. When it comes to freedom and liberty, you're either in or your out, there's no half-measures.

It's Everett, what do you expect? :confused:

I do agree that everyone has rights. Stores have rights to ask people to leave. People have rights to exercise their 2A.

The thing that happened in PDX with the bakery owner, happened because it was Portland! :mad:

"Nagel finally put the knife away and the group continued to order. A verbal altercation broke out during the order"

Sounds like it was not necessarily related to the previous issue. That, or he was making smartass remarks because he was salty. Some people do whatever just to be provocative.

I always surprised how often someone says something like this on this forum.. this is supposed to be a freedom loving group of folks I thought. When it comes to freedom and liberty, you're either in or your out, there's no half-measures.

I am one of the most libertarian, freedom loving individuals out there. In this instance, I believe that the rights of the business trumps the right of the guy who wants a burger. I realize that the left wants it both ways; get sued if you won't make a gay wedding cake and honored if you kick out the MAGA hat.

People tend to think of only one;s color or sexual preference as being civil Rights, but isn't the Second Amendment also. While private homes and businesses may exclude people (and that is often questioned as to places like private clubs), Business open to the Public are usually prohibited from violating ones Civil Rights. The Left seems to have twisted this rule to say bearing arms is not a Right so Privacy Rights can overrule the Second. The State of WA follows it's own view of the Constitution, state and Federal, meaning they don't really follow it at all.

And I'm usually not in favor of shaming others for what they think... I can only remember having done it once.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top