JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Im only 18 so Im looking for a self defense knife fixed or fold anything under 125 i really like tanto blades but that doesnt matter much.

Spend about $70 on line for a Gen4 Spyderco Endura with a full flat grind.

1) It will be absolutely sharp when you get it.
2) Lock backs aren't exotic, but they are strong.
3) It is big enough and tough enough for the task while being a light carry.
4) The clip mounts anywhere of four points. Tip up or down, left or right.
5) The Spyderhole is fast. With a zip tie wrapped around the hole and trimmed right while carried tip up, you can make the blade deploy as you draw it from the pocket.
6) If you like the knife, a trainer is also available.

Looking for a KNIFE to defend yourself at the young age of 18...try walking away from trouble. If the threat was so great it came down to having to use a knife to protect yourself you would probably be in a very compromised position.
Good luck to you.............

fixed blades are strongest,safest. i.m.h.o. and least likely to end up chopping your own fingers off. save up some money and GO TO A KNIFE FIGHTING SEMINAR, or training. cause not only is it good to develop a proper skill set,you need to know the legalities of defending yourself, you do not want to get yourself in trouble its not worth it.

I'd say the Spyderco plain edge Endura also for practicality/effectiveness. I'd also recommend some weaponless defense training like Aikido (often to be found very reasonably priced via Parks and Recreation) or whatever instead of just a blade focused study.

This. Bushman nails it. Not only will it be mor effective in most situations, you will get out of there without blood all over you, probably without going to jail and facing criminal homicide charges, knife impounded, or you stabbed with the thing.

Defense Technologies CS/OC combination in a Mark V can would be nice; also Fox Labs Mk V size. I carry an M-26 Taser and Glock 21 on my job, but I also carry a can of spray. I have a nice knife collection, but don't really think of the knife as a self-defense tool.

If you MUST, carry a fixed blade at least 4 to 5 " long.

A police size can of pepper spray will get you further than a pocket knife. I got sprayed recently to see what it was like and it sucked!

Any folder with a 3.5" blade or less will be your best bet to stay safe with all the city/county issues that come up.

Something that fits your hand well and is easy for you to open is the best knife for you.

I'd spend that $125 on a knife or hand to hand class first and then you will know what knife is best for you.

An unskilled hand with a knife is most likely to get it taken away from you and used against you by anyone with a mediocrit amount of skill.

Fox-Labs-FX-22FTM-rw-75962-91890.jpg

I teach the knife, (JKD) and it is not a novice's weapon, and should never be used to merely threaten. Thugs can see right off if you know your business. In the hands of a crazy person or an expert it can however be quite deadly

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top